• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

theory!

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
okay, I cannot do the event a just review so I'm going to bullet it right now...

a) vinder rocks the guestlist while d-monic is not so hot
b) roni size vs. mofo... whos more down with the dnb... answer: mofo
c) tella = hot, wow.
d) jungle is still funny... towels, TOWELS! BOH!
e) janie looked haaawt tonight, same with doodle and ming... be still my beating heart!
f) kevin got shafted! fuck them! he's awesome... though I still approve of Robb.
g) lady lindzee is supercute! wins!
h) beer makes me silly

also I ripped the crotch out of my pants, was super drunk and annoying and probably ruined the show for at least 10 people!

ALL IN ALL, A GREAT TIME!!

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
oh yeah...

adam freeland and the bassbin twin don't hold a candle to our homegrown talent. seriously not impressed. maybe more fat chicks dancing would have helped?

lil timmy touched me.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
lil' timmy touched me too.
adam was ok.
bassbin should have turned it WAYYY up earlier in his set...could barely hear him thru the Kool Haus noize.
Met Vinder too.
:D

FlexdeFunk

TRIBE Member
Theory Taken Over By Breaks!!!

Ok, so this was one HUGE line up for Toronto. I estimate there was 1400 people there, and that venue could have held (comfertably) 2000 (easy). Why the low turn out Toronto??? Roni Size, Brockie, Marky, Bassbin Twins, Adam Freeland.......what more could ask for when it comes to good breaks (/sped up breaks/drum'n'bass).

I know the MC's are extremely annoying but the breaks room was proper. Bassbin Twins (I thought) did a great set overall, a few tracks were out of place (the techno and dillinja tracks) but it was still proper breaks. Freeland didn't bust out any suprises, his set was very similair to the one last week in the Kool Haus opening for Prodigy. "Rock'in'Roll Breaks" (or whatever) was again his specialty. Overall when I here (at least) 25 wicked, new tracks I am happy.

The price at the door was fantastic (thirty bucks!!) especially after last weeks no sound system destiny party (paying forty five). Respect to the Theory and Focus Crews for coming together and throwing one of the best events together that I have been to in over a year (besides Prodigy of course....)

March in Toronto was a nice treat, I hope Toronto-tarians didn't take the amazing artists for granted, and actually went out and supplied proper vibes.

PEACE!!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Taro

TRIBE Member
I lost my keys last night..

and nearly my jacket - someone put it in dj booth ?
and I spent sooo much money ?

SellyCat

TRIBE Member
FlexdeFunk said:
March in Toronto was a nice treat, I hope Toronto-tarians didn't take the amazing artists for granted, and actually went out and supplied proper vibes.

PEACE!!
This March has been INSANE! It's a total blur punctuated by like 5 big jungle parties...Calibre, DubRock Rec-label Party, Pendulum, Viram, Roni Size....My favorites were Pendulum and Roni Size...and yeah Theory+Focus was one of the best parties in a year. Actually the last seriously wicked party also involved Theory + Orange Room + KoolHaus. It was at "Freedom" where the entire Guv complex was open! KH had a huge jungle line-up and the Orange room was breaks--fantastic party, also cuz that chill section of the orange room was open.

Anybody remember that?

OTIS

TRIBE Member
FlexdeFunk said:
Ok, so this was one HUGE line up for Toronto. I estimate there was 1400 people there, and that venue could have held (comfertably) 2000 (easy). Why the low turn out Toronto??? Roni Size, Brockie, Marky, Bassbin Twins, Adam Freeland.......what more could ask for when it comes to good breaks (/sped up breaks/drum'n'bass).

It could possibly be that V1RAM was last Friday -another big arena DnB event. Although I'm confident that the Toronto public can rise to any DnB occasion if there ever was an occasion for burnout, having these two events on back to back weekends like this would probably be one of them.

--[Zirca]--

TRIBE Promoter
FlexdeFunk said:
Why the low turn out Toronto???
One word...Skibadee

well maybe two...armanni...but he's not nearly as bad.

Skibadee is the worst MC EVER! He "ryhmes" (aka babbles) over EVERYTHING. I was dying to see Marky live, but couldn't do it.

Jaded...maybe...realistic...likely.

Dan

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
dude... its kismet. hahaha.

also thanks to the girl who gave me the safety pin! very nice!

Last edited:

bArHo

TRIBE Member
I found this pic on torontojungle.com and thought that I would pass it along for vinder and for whomever else wants to have a peep!