• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

the York U murder

Liability

TRIBE Member
The Sun is geared towards labourmen who read it at lunch break and talk about the Leafs. Most people who read it have what, grade 3 level of readng? To some this is pulitzer-prize material. Their brains would probably implode if they ever read the Globe.

*this is not an attack at labourpeople, my friend is a wicked unionized electrician and does not read The Sun, he just tells me 99% of his co-workers do
I used to read the Sun back in my summer student days on the assembly line. It was the only paper that was easy enough to digest in the 10 seconds between cars.

Silverback92

TRIBE Member
There was a dude on Tribe who some people were saying was a suspect at the time, I don't know if he actually was or not, but he was never charged and may only have been a 'person of interest' or something.

I don't think the guy who was convicted (Chucky or Lucky?) was ever on the board though.
He was on the Toronto Raves Board

It was Lucky who did a few years in prison until they got the real guy. The cops raided some guys house for drugs and he ended up being the one who did the stabbing, not too sure how or why he admitted it.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

emiwee

TRIBE Member
'lucky' (David coulter) was charged but not convicted. Jeffery tuck was, I believe, convicted but later aquitted. Lots of tribe threads about it. You can search salim jabaji.

* I type too slowly on my iPhone!
There was an appeal of the verdict of the first trial and a new trial was ordered. Jeffrey Tuck was convicted at his new trial last year.

Also: I can't remember where it is in this thread, but all murder requires intent (specific intent to kill or specific intent to cause bodily harm and being reckless as to whether death ensues). First degree murder indicates deliberation and planning.

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
The Sun is geared towards labourmen who read it at lunch break and talk about the Leafs. Most people who read it have what, grade 3 level of readng? To some this is pulitzer-prize material. Their brains would probably implode if they ever read the Globe.

*this is not an attack at labourpeople, my friend is a wicked unionized electrician and does not read The Sun, he just tells me 99% of his co-workers do
When I was in university working as a labourer back in the day, I used to read the Sun and do just that. Sunshine girl, Leafs, sports......

But hasn't the Sun become quite the right winged newspaper? As opposed to it being left back in the day?

Um...I can't help but notice, I am unable to search djjakethesnake anymore...

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Maui

TRIBE Member
Hey superfreak, the victim was none of what you're describing. You must be a Sun reader. Thanks for making some bad general assumptions.
I don't recall us sleeping together yet, have we? And yet you know my nickname!? Odd.

How do you know what the victim is, did you know her?

peko

TRIBE Member
I don't recall us sleeping together yet, have we? And yet you know my nickname!? Odd.

How do you know what the victim is, did you know her?
:) hee, hee. Good guess I guess. (re: super freak)

She was an international student. Not some sketch bag. She is highly educated ( actual graduate) from an affluent family who was looking at doing her MA in Windsor or U of T so she could get a good job when she returned to China. She was an artist in her part time who did watercolors and portraits of her friends ( read it in the news).

Are you one of the Sun article commenters who believes this is a conspiracy from China because it took the police 11 hours to be contacted?

Show some respect for her. As others have noted, she was a student living in a student house. It's pretty obvious that she is not the type of person you're generalizing about.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Maui

TRIBE Member
:) hee, hee. Good guess I guess. (re: super freak)

She was an international student. Not some sketch bag. She is highly educated ( actual graduate) from an affluent family who was looking at doing her MA in Windsor or U of T so she could get a good job when she returned to China. She was an artist in her part time who did watercolors and portraits of her friends ( read it in the news).

Are you one of the Sun article commenters who believes this is a conspiracy from China because it took the police 11 hours to be contacted?

Show some respect for her. As others have noted, she was a student living in a student house. It's pretty obvious that she is not the type of person you're generalizing about.
Good guess indeed. Although, no need to when you could experience the real deal. ;)

I guess that's where the confusion arose, as there is a difference between student housing and a "boarding" house. I'd never heard the two used interchangingly before.

Also, I didn't realize she actually lived in the same house. It said she lived in a basement apartment. Boarding houses don't have "apartments". I had been referring to the murderer and didn't realize he was in the exact same house as her.

Although I will note you are just generalizing about her attributes as well. Not saying she is at all, but just because someone is affluent and educated doesn't mean they aren't sketchy. Quite the opposite usually, look at Stephen Harper....

peko

TRIBE Member
Good guess indeed. Although, no need to when you could experience the real deal. ;)...

Although I will note you are just generalizing about her attributes as well. Not saying she is at all, but just because someone is affluent and educated doesn't mean they aren't sketchy. Quite the opposite usually, look at Stephen Harper....
Good grief Charlie Brown!

I'm calling you a super freak because of your crazy posts in this thread and other threads. But, I think that you're joking to deflect insult.

The victim was attacked in her home! Leave her alone. She was stalked and murdered and I can't believe you're insinuating that she was sketchy!

Maui

TRIBE Member
Good grief Charlie Brown!

I'm calling you a super freak because of your crazy posts in this thread and other threads. But, I think that you're joking to deflect insult.

The victim was attacked in her home! Leave her alone. She was stalked and murdered and I can't believe you're insinuating that she was sketchy!
Insult? Nah, I don't take it as an insult cause I really am a freak.

Don't take it personally, IMO 90% of the people living in Toronto are sketchy. :p

peko

TRIBE Member
FYI: there are other message boards which are following this case and link to this thread and other threads the dude posted in. The most comprehensive is called Websleuth - Dirty Girl would find that one interesting.

Zorro is right, the guy was posting on other message boards about offensive topics which Tribe would ban you for posting about. The Sun contributor Joe W wrote an article posted on Canoe which talks about this..... It's very disturbing.

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
the sun is saying he posted on some pedo board, and that he was 'known' to police. i sincerely hope they aren't context cherry picking that the way they did with his posts here.

peko

TRIBE Member
the sun is saying he posted on some pedo board, and that he was 'known' to police. i sincerely hope they aren't context cherry picking that the way they did with his posts here.
Where did you see this in the Sun? It's on Canoe.ca too. Both are a part of the QMI Agency which that Joe (cherry picker) guy writes for. The article is confusing to read and paints a horrible picture.

It's disturbing if he was really on a pedo board.