1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The Yemeni Way ?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by ndrwrld, Apr 9, 2010.

1. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

12 year old girl forced into marriage with a man twice her age, dies from internal bleeding, consummating marriage.

Another 12-year-old Yemeni girl forced into marriage died during childbirth. Her baby also died.

:mad:
    Yemeni child bride dies of internal bleeding - CNN.com

2. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

"It's their culture."

3. basilisk

basilisk TRIBE Member

Do they have any oil? When is the invasion?

4. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

or their state of development. We used to marry young too. Once we had roads and education and evolving standards of human rights - and less of an economic incentive to do so we dropped the practise apart from a few polygamist holdouts.

5. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

"It's their culture."

6. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Some oil, but they have terra-ists!

7. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

All stories about Yemen must be read aloud as if your cheeks were full of khat.

8. saskboy

saskboy TRIBE Member

Why should I give a fuck?

It's thousands of miles away and on the other side of an ocean. There's nothing you nor I can do about it. So why bother?

9. erika

erika TRIBE Member

^
    hmm
    so what are your criteria for caring?
    same country? same continent? 100 mile radius?

10. saskboy

saskboy TRIBE Member

I base it on my ability to alter or make the situation better.

11. NemIsis

NemIsis TRIBE Member

In other words, and according to its meaning in the western world, "See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil".

12. Deus

Deus TRIBE Member

Why must you force your western intellectual ideas about marriage, liberty, and human rights on everyone? Who says our ideas about these things are more evolved or that they are progressing or evolving towards some ideal state?

Now that taking their land is ghetto, intellectual colonialism is all the rage.

13. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

14. erika

erika TRIBE Member

I hope you're being funny.
    Because this: "A 12-year-old Yemeni bride died of internal bleeding following intercourse" is just awful regardless of cultural circumstance; 12 years old is just too young, period.

15. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

nothing screams madness more than forcing a 12 year old girl into a marriage with a man ( who has several wives ) she's probably never met ( who then rapes her ) where she dies.
    sounds like Manslaughter to me.