1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

the wine appreciation thread

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by quantumize, Jun 12, 2003.

1. quantumize

quantumize TRIBE Member

this thread is about wine

white or red, or even a zinfandel
    but nothing too extravagant
    my pics are :

masi valpolicelli for red wine
    [​IMG]

and verdicchio for white[​IMG]

2. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

Yay Masi! Thanks for sharing it with me, Peppe.

3. whatsnewpussycat

whatsnewpussycat TRIBE Member

I really like Bonny Doon raspberry dessert wine. I went somewhere and they called it the Book of Love wine. How sweet.

4. chipotle

chipotle Well-Known TRIBEr

I had a massi bottle recently..not that one though. ... althought I have tried the one you have up there.

5. quantumize

quantumize TRIBE Member

i've heard the name but i have to see the bottle for it to click [i come into contact with lots of wines]

can u please post a pic of the bottle ?

6. ddiplomat

ddiplomat TRIBE Member

Black opal, any kind.. Australia

7. whatsnewpussycat

I can't post a pic of anything because I cannot work the image posting thing...but I can give you the link. Buy some and drink it for the both of us.

Cheers

http://www.popswine.com/pops/featured/6943410500.html

8. whatsnewpussycat

I wish everyone would wake up and start appreciating some wine.

9. new to t.o.

new to t.o. TRIBE Member

I'm enjoying some Lindemans now . . . I love those wonderful Australian Bin bastards(sob) . . . I love them!

10. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

HEY! The wines my coworkers got me today have a wine thermometer on it! Neato!

11. badkitty

badkitty TRIBE Member

mmm lindemans.

wolblass is a really good australian red wine.......so crrreamy

12. futronic

futronic TRIBE Member

I had a '98 Cave de Tain Hermitage Les Nobles Rives on Tuesday when out for dinner and it was awesome. I then proceeded to track down the last six bottles in the province. Mine I tell you! All mine! hahahahahahaha!

Yes, I have a problem.

-- Jay aka Fut

13. defazman

defazman TRIBE Member

I like all wines. I've had some good ones but now forget what they are. Homemade peach wine is by far my gangs favourite. Served in a sauna is even better.

14. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

I dont really like wine.
    I like those wine coolers you get at the grocery store :eek:
    and i prefer the pink (whats it called ROSE or something) wine that you can get, over white or red, YEAH IM CHEAP!!

15. wiseguy

wiseguy TRIBE Member

Chianti Ruffino has always been an affordable favorite of mine.

16. futronic

futronic TRIBE Member

wiseguy,

Yes, the Rufino Chianti is an easy quaffer, especially for $12. I'll have it with pasta or pizza or whatever.

DG,

Don't worry, you'll see the light someday. :) All it takes is one glass that really appeals to you and you'll be hooked.

-- Jay aka Fut

17. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

I doubt it, Im a beer girl, I have no class!!:D

18. lok

lok TRIBE Member

Wolfblass, Aussie. Anything they make.

Also Bin 555.

mmmmmmmm

Masi is the best wine for your buck, no question.

19. futronic

futronic TRIBE Member

So if you go out for dinner at a nice restaurant, do you just order a beer or a martini or mixed drink or something?

That may come across as a bit smarmy, but it's not meant to be. I'm honestly curious as to what people drink at dinner if it's not wine. Personally, I just don't see how someone could drink a rye and coke or cosmo or vodka/cran with a rack of lamb or a filet.

-- Jay aka Fut

20. PRIMAL

PRIMAL TRIBE Member

For white wines I'm starting to love Chablis'. I can't remember the brand name because I just know what it looks like.

21. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

water,
    and I dont go for dinner in nice restaurants!!
    ;)
    wine fucks me right up, just from one sip im feeling it, no joke, so I try to avoid it, cause im a lush.

22. Vote Quimby

Vote Quimby TRIBE Member

You and me both. Figured you'ld be all over this thread.

Right now, it's the Leasingham Bin 61 Shiraz. Goes well with bbq'd anything.

23. futronic

futronic TRIBE Member

lol. Well, if you drink it more often, you'll build up a better tolerance for it. Plus, if you drink it while having a meal, it won't hit you as hard.

VQ,

I'm now officially cut off until the July 26th release. Really. Maybe the odd bottle for something with dinner, but no more expensive wine.

BTW, did you order anything from the Classics Catalogue? I passed on half my allocation but picked up 3 '98 Allegrini Amarone, 2 '98 Veglio Barolo, and 1 '00 Fontodi Flaccianello.

I passed on the Brunello that was allocated to me as I've already got a case and a half of '97s at my place in addition to another case that will be delivered shortly.

My Visa hurts.

-- Jay aka Fut

24. Pyrovitae

Pyrovitae TRIBE Member

i hope foster's acquires southcorp:

link here

'cuz then we'd have penfolds, lindemans and rosemount. mmmm.

i love wine. i work with wine. i live wine.

25. futronic

futronic TRIBE Member

Psst ... Nat ... clean out your PMs! :)

-- Jay aka Fut