• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

the wine appreciation thread

quantumize

TRIBE Member
this thread is about wine

white or red, or even a zinfandel
but nothing too extravagant
my pics are :

masi valpolicelli for red wine

and verdicchio for white

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
I had a massi bottle recently..not that one though. ... althought I have tried the one you have up there.

quantumize

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by whatsnewpussycat
I really like Bonny Doon raspberry dessert wine. I went somewhere and they called it the Book of Love wine. How sweet.
i've heard the name but i have to see the bottle for it to click [i come into contact with lots of wines]

can u please post a pic of the bottle ?

futronic

TRIBE Member
I had a '98 Cave de Tain Hermitage Les Nobles Rives on Tuesday when out for dinner and it was awesome. I then proceeded to track down the last six bottles in the province. Mine I tell you! All mine! hahahahahahaha!

Yes, I have a problem.

-- Jay aka Fut

defazman

TRIBE Member
I like all wines. I've had some good ones but now forget what they are. Homemade peach wine is by far my gangs favourite. Served in a sauna is even better.

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
I dont really like wine.
I like those wine coolers you get at the grocery store :eek:
and i prefer the pink (whats it called ROSE or something) wine that you can get, over white or red, YEAH IM CHEAP!!

futronic

TRIBE Member
wiseguy,

Yes, the Rufino Chianti is an easy quaffer, especially for $12. I'll have it with pasta or pizza or whatever.

DG,

Don't worry, you'll see the light someday. :) All it takes is one glass that really appeals to you and you'll be hooked.

-- Jay aka Fut

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by futronic
DG,

Don't worry, you'll see the light someday. :) All it takes is one glass that really appeals to you and you'll be hooked.

-- Jay aka Fut
I doubt it, Im a beer girl, I have no class!!:D

lok

TRIBE Member
Wolfblass, Aussie. Anything they make.

Also Bin 555.

mmmmmmmm

Masi is the best wine for your buck, no question.

futronic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Dirty Girl
I doubt it, Im a beer girl, I have no class!!:D
So if you go out for dinner at a nice restaurant, do you just order a beer or a martini or mixed drink or something?

That may come across as a bit smarmy, but it's not meant to be. I'm honestly curious as to what people drink at dinner if it's not wine. Personally, I just don't see how someone could drink a rye and coke or cosmo or vodka/cran with a rack of lamb or a filet.

-- Jay aka Fut

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
For white wines I'm starting to love Chablis'. I can't remember the brand name because I just know what it looks like.

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
So if you go out for dinner at a nice restaurant, do you just order a beer or a martini or mixed drink or something?

-- Jay aka Fut
water,
and I dont go for dinner in nice restaurants!!
;)
wine fucks me right up, just from one sip im feeling it, no joke, so I try to avoid it, cause im a lush.

Vote Quimby

TRIBE Member

Yes, I have a problem.

-- Jay aka Fut
You and me both. Figured you'ld be all over this thread.

Right now, it's the Leasingham Bin 61 Shiraz. Goes well with bbq'd anything.

futronic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Dirty Girl
water,
and I dont go for dinner in nice restaurants!!
;)
wine fucks me right up, just from one sip im feeling it, no joke, so I try to avoid it, cause im a lush.
lol. Well, if you drink it more often, you'll build up a better tolerance for it. Plus, if you drink it while having a meal, it won't hit you as hard.

You and me both. Figured you'ld be all over this thread.

Right now, it's the Leasingham Bin 61 Shiraz. Goes well with bbq'd anything.
VQ,

I'm now officially cut off until the July 26th release. Really. Maybe the odd bottle for something with dinner, but no more expensive wine.

BTW, did you order anything from the Classics Catalogue? I passed on half my allocation but picked up 3 '98 Allegrini Amarone, 2 '98 Veglio Barolo, and 1 '00 Fontodi Flaccianello.

I passed on the Brunello that was allocated to me as I've already got a case and a half of '97s at my place in addition to another case that will be delivered shortly.

My Visa hurts.

-- Jay aka Fut