1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The white stuff in Oreo Cookies

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by alexd, May 4, 2010.

1. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

All those people in the OREO TV campaign breaking them apart and excitedly eating the white stuff don't seem to realize that it is just Crisco and sugar whipped together. Or maybe they do.

2. Bacchus

Bacchus TRIBE Promoter

Started singing this as soon as i read the title

3. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

4. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

it looks more like lard and sugar in that pic

5. kirstenmeows

kirstenmeows TRIBE Member

Hey, sometimes that goopy icing stuff is all you really want. The corner pieces of commercial/and or grocery store birthday/whatever event cake always go first.

Yes, normally I am a purist and will bake my own cakes and cookies, but hey, when it's free and has the goopy icing stuff, I want it!

6. Penny Lane

Penny Lane TRIBE Member

I hate the icing in Oreos. I usually scrape it out.

7. cosmosuave

cosmosuave TRIBE Member

That's what my dad would say well whipped lard... Never liked Oreo's only the biscuit part I'd throw that white shit away...

8. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

hate oreos, barf.

9. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

but...you said you like double-stuffed

10. [SQUARE]

[SQUARE] TRIBE Member

I'm more about the cookie than the cream.

11. Dialog

Dialog TRIBE Member

Yeah but imho they've also really cheapened out on the cookie part in recent years--they taste really chemical to me now. There are cookies that are just the oreo-style biscuit at a larger size (no sandwich) by a different manufacturer and those tasted more like I remember.

Used to love 'em, now I avoid

12. gl*tch

gl*tch TRIBE Member

i like to eat a bag of 'em now and then, but ya, the flavour has changed.

13. EffinHard

EffinHard TRIBE Member

one thing i noticed here in the states is that everything EVERYTHING now has corn syrup and high-frusctose corn syrup as its first ingredients.

Hershey CHocolate bars, oreos, whatever...
    the taste is noticeable.

14. Vote_4_Pedro

Vote_4_Pedro TRIBE Member

Anything with high-fructose corn syrup as the first ingredient should not be going in your belly... you'd be better off health wise eating spoons of sugar!