• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The whining/bitching/moaning thread v.2

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
This has been a really hard year and a half for me. It's been filled with confusion, heartbreak, pain, lies and deception. I have also had to come to terms with the fact that I spent five years on a path that in the end was all a big mistake (not that I didn't learn anything from it, but the experience outweighed the lesson). I should have trusted my gut instincts all along, but stupidly didn't. I don't know how to come to terms with all of it. It's been soul crushing. I've lost faith in people being good, kind and trustworthy. I feel like I've been betrayed completely and I don't know how to recover from it.

Anyone have any advice on how to pick up and get through something like this? I know i'm not being very specific about my situation, but looking for any general ideas.

I was thinking to go see a therapist and get some professional help. It's been way too overwhelming for me and have been having a great deal of trouble looking forward.

If anyone has some words of advice, it would be really appreciated.
I hear you. I'm going through the same thing.. I'm trying to surround myself with positive/supportive people and remove the toxic people. I have a lot of "Frienemies" and i don't really trust a lot of people anymore. I used to hang out with a dysfunctional group. They would be smiles to your face, but then to everyone else would bitch about you. I've always questioned my friendship with them..

Friday i ended up having a panic attack as well. I've only had 3 in my life.. It's really frustrating. I get stressed out really easily. If people cause me to stress out then I will avoid situations and just block them out of my life except if i'm forced into a sitatuion that I do not feel comfortable in, i will start having anxiety which happened friday and it escalated. Now i'm really freaking embarrassed. :(

I have a friend who has been trying to get me to see a therapist for almost a month.

I need to start getting control of my life and starting living/being happy again.

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
Thanks so much guys, i've been in such a bad way, your advice and kind words mean so much to me.

I booked an appointment to speak to someone, i'm not coping well at all. I think this is the worst thing i've ever had to deal with in my life. I can't remember ever feeling this bad before. Let's hope it can give me some tools to cope with all this.

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
Hey, you know what's just awesome?? Is knowing that for the rest of your life this thing that someone did is never going to leave you ever. It is literally my worst fucking nightmare come true. And now it's going to haunt me until i fucking die.

Hopefully that comes sooner than later.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

DataLadybug

TRIBE Member
Hey, you know what's just awesome?? Is knowing that for the rest of your life this thing that someone did is never going to leave you ever. It is literally my worst fucking nightmare come true. And now it's going to haunt me until i fucking die.

Hopefully that comes sooner than later.
BB, doesn't sound like you're in a very good place right now and a little overwhelmed. :( I'm sorry and I hope you're feeling a bit better...

Were you able to talk to someone...professionally? I don't really know what the issue is, but if it's something you can't reconcile yourself, it can't hurt to talk to someone outside of the challenge you're facing.

Last edited:

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
Thanks DataLadybug, that's really nice of you to say. I did end up speaking to someone professionally, but have only had one session so far. Another one on its way in a couple weeks. Things have been completely overwhelming, i don't know how to handle it all. Hopefully having some more sessions will help (and maybe a getaway).

Also, just wanted to say sorry to everyone for complaining so much on the board lately. How does that Fiona Apple song go? "I'm so tired of cryin', you'd think i was a siren". I'm sure it's been annoying to hear. I'm trying my best to pick up and not let this huge thing push me down but i keep falling. This is something that I will never be able to run away from and it's just making it that much harder to deal with.

Anyway, thanks for being so nice to me.

mitsuko souma

TRIBE Member
My boyfriend is a fucking doucebag and what was i thinking getting involved with a child. i thought i was gonna have the 1st normal christmas in years and now its all gone to shit

Penny Lane

TRIBE Member
Happy 42nd Anniversary today to my aunt and uncle.
My aunt passed away Sunday the 19th of a massive heart attack at my home. We were all making our Xmas plans, and now spent the rest of the week making funeral plans.

The funeral, wake and reception are all over, but what do we do now? My uncle has lost his childhood sweetheart - they've been together over 50 years. Devastating.

And this is the 2nd person I've had to perform CPR on in the last 14 months and neither survived. I guess it is true what my instructor said, only about 10% of those found unresponsive and not breathing are revived even with CPR. (now that I think of it, that guy was a jerk).

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
I'm so sorry too, Penny Lane, I can't imagine what you and your family are facing right now. And your poor uncle, losing his partner of 50 years...that's more than devastating. :( Keep the family close together and lean on each other as much as you guys can.

My sincere condolences to you and your family.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
PL - wow. sucks! At least you know you did everything you could and used CPR. A lot of people would panic or not want to "be involved"

Penny Lane

TRIBE Member
Thank you everyone.
This Christmas was hard. Very hard.
It sucks trying to celebrate with a heavy heart.

2011 has been the single worst year of my life to date. I wish it would fuck off and end already.
Edit: the birth of my second son was the highlight. He definitely made the dark spots more bearable.

IgStar

TRIBE Member
the family beside me just lost their 24yr old son 2 months ago...drug related.
then the old gramma passed ON xmas day.

then I watch the news last night to see my old boss drunk drove and killed an 11yr old on Thursday night.

wtf.

prayers are with everyone :(

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
ew so annoying. i just went to shoppers with my mum. I went thru the cash first-- 70 bones later. then my mum goes thru, and the chicks like "are you senior". it was facking seniors day, so if I'd put mine thru with my mum I would have got the discount. bah humbug.

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
I'm sick and might have to miss practice tomorrow. this sucks! My stupid cold ruined my freaking weekend! My friend is here from Wndsor as well and i wanted to see her! We've had plans for a few weeks! ARGH!

I even eat super healthy, eating oranges every day and drinking V8 and then i started getting a sore throat Thursday and WHAM.. full blown cold :(

IgStar

TRIBE Member
I am having the WORST case of adult acne ever. like WTF?? every morning I wake up with a brand new shiny big red ass zit somewhere...like huge. and they fucking hurt.
I've tried so many facial cleansers :(

anyone have any recommendations? I think I need to see a dermatologist. I also suffer from psoriasis on my hands and feet now, again, something that just started a year ago out of the blue at 34. :(
I have worse skin now at 35 then I ever did in my teens.

keline

TRIBE Member
I went to a dermatologist for the same reason, I always had a little acne but it got worse when I turned 30. The dermatologist told me that she sees a lot of new female patients in their 30s coming to her for the same reason. And apparently she's been seeing more of it over the past few years.
I had it mostly around my jawline, and I never used to get acne there. It's a different kind of acne too, the pimples are more persistent and don't fade as quickly.
The thing that has worked the best for me is the Tanda light. I posted about it a few months ago in the impressed/not impressed thread. This thing has made a big difference in my skin.
I also use Benazclin cream on my face a few nights each week. :)

lucky1

TRIBE Member
i had skin issues. two doctors told me it was Rosacea, I used the rosacea treatments for a few years, it helped a bit, but I had still alot of redness, spots, and dry flaky skin. I went to the Toronto Acne clinic, and the doctor agreed I had some Rosacea, but also this rash called Subhorric Dermatitis, and prescribed a compound cream that cleared it up more of less. (it is one of those things that waxes and wanes) Tends to flair up after I've been on other medications. From the Rosacea I have broken vessels on my cheeks.

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
Motherfucker. When is life going to make sense again. I've hit my limit of covered therapy and now have to wait 6 weeks or so to get to see her again for 4 sessions and then repeat. Not sure how I'm going to cope with that.