• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The whining/bitching/moaning thread v.2

erika

TRIBE Member
So somehow, several hours after going for this great facial treatment yesterday, part of the left side of my face is not functioning right, and this may be a virus affecting my cranio-facial nerve, relating to the cold I just had.
So my smile is off, I can't wrinkle my nose on one side, and can barely blink my eye - good thing I don't have a Valentine...
I'm still debating whether to go to that late night party or not. Probably shouldn't... Argh...

erika

TRIBE Member
Well I'm back from emergency, and yes, I have some bloody variation of Bell's Palsy. And they don't have a clue how it happens; could be related to the cold I fought down earlier in the week.

I now have tape over my left eyelid so nothing happens to the because I can't close it properly.
Have just ingested my first steroid (oh joy).
AND they have no clue how long it will last either.

To say I feel spazzy and somewhat depressed would be an understatement....

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

girlnextdoor

TRIBE Member
i am currently learning about cranial nerves. you have an issue with cranial nerve VII : ( that sucks. it's one thing to read about these things in a textbook and another to actually be affected by them.

hope you feel better soon! (my textbook says that most problems with this cranial nerve result in recovery with 100% function so that's good news)

m0ff

TRIBE Member
I now have tape over my left eyelid so nothing happens to the because I can't close it properly.
I had this happen after (and during) a migraine that put me in the hospital for 24 hours. My eye would only close about half way, combined with the narcotics they had me on, I looked like I'd been in a car accident.

I had to tape my eye shut for about 2 days. Might I suggest drawing an eyeball on your piece of tape. ;)

grumblegirl

TRIBE Member
Well I'm back from emergency, and yes, I have some bloody variation of Bell's Palsy. And they don't have a clue how it happens; could be related to the cold I fought down earlier in the week.

Super crappy! I had Bell's Palsy about 10 years ago. It really sucked.
I had to tape my eye shut for about a month or so, and I highly suggest using the eye gel at night (to keep your eye lubricated), and drops during the day. Made it feel a lot better.

Also - did you get anti-virals for it? If not, go to your family doctor tomorrow and find out if you should, because that is often a good course of treatment (it's actually the same meds as for shingles.)

Mine healed completely, thankfully. Tho I had a friend who ignored the symtops for a couple of days, and hers got bad enough that she has some permanent paralysis (not full, but still...) Good for you for going in and getting it looked at stat!!! Very important when it comes to BP.

Feel better!!

erika

TRIBE Member
^
Thanks so much for the info and support!
Nice to know that you recovered fully, though I hope I won't have to tape my eye for a month, man! (on the plus side, I will save all kinds of $$ by not going out :)).
I did get "tears" not gel (I will pick some up tomorrow); can still sort of blink, though not as much as I need to.
The doc at Emerg said they don't give anti-virals anymore because they have shown to make no difference (she did check that it wasn't herpes-related); but did give me steroids.

So I will now be hairy and aggressive, watch out! ;)

Bean

TRIBE Member
erika, i'm sending good thoughts your way for a speedy and healthy recovery!

a friend of mine developed bell's palsy about 6 weeks prior to the delivery date of her first child. it was scary and she had to tape one of her eyes closed, but, she made a complete recovery. It's been almost 7 years and she's been fine since her recovery date.

NemIsis

TRIBE Member

Hope it gets better soon erika :(. Take care of yourself.

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
I'm completely weirded out. I dated a guy last summer. OK, one date. It didn't work out. He called me a week later and I ignored the call (Well, I was busy. Thought about calling back and didn't. So yeah, I ignored it). Not the best thing and probably unfair, but it was one date and what was I going to say?

"Hmmm. Well, we have nothing in common. You started our date by showing me the knee scars from your operation (Yes, he lifted his pant legs to show me) and spent the rest of the date reading from some inspirational book, telling me how you lived your life based on it. Oh, and you don't drink, don't eat meat and don't like smokers (Hello?)."

He called me a month later telling me I must call him. (Ok dude, it's been a month and no one tells me I must do anything).
2 months later. "It's *****, This is my number, you know what to do." (I do?).
3 months later, "It's *****, call me if you wish" (Clearly I don't wish).
Christmas, "It's *****, I just want to wish you a Merry Christmas". :eek:
New Year's , same message with a request to call :O :eek:.
Tonight: Thankfully no message, but he called again!.

I have another stalker it would seem (albeit this one is just a phone stalker). What the heck is up with guys like these? What are they thinking?

Last edited:

ila

TRIBE Member
I'm completely weirded out. I dated a guy last summer. OK, one date. It didn't work out. He called me a week later and I ignored the call (Well, I was busy. Thought about calling back and didn't. So yeah, I ignored it). Not the best thing and probably unfair, but it was one date and what was I going to say?

"Hmmm. Well, we have nothing in common. You started our date by showing me the knee scars from your operation (Yes, he lifted his pant legs to show me) and spent the rest of the date reading from some inspirational book, telling me how you lived your life based on it. Oh, and you don't drink, don't eat meat and don't like smokers (Hello?)."

He called me a month later telling me I must call him. (Ok dude, it's been a month and no one tells me I must do anything).
2 months later. "It's *****, This is my number, you know what to do." (I do?).
3 months later, "It's *****, call me if you wish" (Clearly I don't wish).
Christmas, "It's *****, I just want to wish you a Merry Christmas". :eek:
New Year's , same message with a request to call :O :eek:.
Tonight: Thankfully no message, but he called again!.

I have another stalker it would seem (albeit this one is just a phone stalker). What the heck is up with guys like these? What are they thinking?
record the messages, document everything (if it keeps happening) and take it to the cops. they'll call him and tell him to stop. if he doesn't stop after that they'll escalate things.

:)

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
record the messages, document everything (if it keeps happening) and take it to the cops. they'll call him and tell him to stop. if he doesn't stop after that they'll escalate things.

:)
I think first she should talk to him. Doesn't sound like she has from her post.

Nemesis, i'd call him up and make it very clear that you're not interested in him and that he needs to stop calling you altogether. If it persists beyond that THEN i'd go with what ila said.

ila

TRIBE Member
I think first she should talk to him. Doesn't sound like she has from her post.
she told him she didn't want to see him, and he persisted in calling. she has ignored his calls for 6 months and yet he still calls. this shows he's not right in the head.

the cops like it when you have no contact as any contact at all can be perceived on the part of the harasser as encouragement.

trust me, I've been there :) the first thing the cops say is not to contact the guy.

ila

TRIBE Member
*edit*

she never told him not to call her, but any reasonable person would assume from her response which was to ignore him, that she didn't want him calling. 6 months later and this should be blatantly obvious to him.

seeing as he's mental though, if it persists, she should have the cops tell him to stop.

contacting the guy yourself, who has shown himself to be not quite right in the head, could only complicate things and will probably encourage him.

erika

TRIBE Member
^
though, in the spirit of "never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity", maybe he's pining big time, so calls every once in a while with hope. I had a guy who did that: I would get a call every six months or so "hi, it's xxx, just calling to say I was thinking of you and I hope everything is well".

You can keep ignoring it, or call him and specifically ask him not to call you anymore, and tell him that it makes you feel uncomfortable. If he persists, then go the Ila route.

On re-reading what you wrote, just keep ignoring them.

L'ilMisSunshine

TRIBE Member
I think it's going way too far to go to the police! Or assume he's a stalker. If he was calling you every week then maybe but not 6 calls total in as many months. I'd answer the phone (or email him) and be calm & firm and tell him that you're not interested in seeing or talking to him.

I had a stalker once - a guy I had one date with too. He called me several times a week and there was always a night or two where he'd call several times within a couple hours almost always leaving the same message, "hey, it's me, call me back". Or when drunk he'd go on longer with, "hey I miss you, call me" type stuff. For like 2 months. Creeeeepy, especially as I lived alone. I had some friends over one night and had my guy friend answer the stalker's call and tell this guy to stop calling me, that it was harassment. He left me a couple more messages later that week, all hurt, saying that all I had to do was tell him that I had a new boyfriend. Oh ok! He also came into the restaurant where I waitressed a couple times - sat down and ate with his friend - and that really unnerved me.

I think he was fucked up and obsessive ... but he never threatened me or said anything weird. Kinda like this guy for you grumblegirl. But of course you should trust your instincts.

Last edited:

ila

TRIBE Member
I just think it's never too soon to involve the police if you have a creepy feeling about someone.

I'm hyper aware to this subject though because I had a stalker in uni, and had him charged and locked up for a bit.

It escalated over the period of a year to where he was making tapes of me and doing god knows what with them and following me around campus and scaring the living shit out of me.

Everyone told me just to tell him to go away, or to ignore him and he'd get the point. The professor of the class he shared with me told me that this guy - who I'd had no previous interaction with prior to this class- was only writing me love notes because he was lonely and I should tear them up and forget about them. My mom told me he singled me out because I was so pretty (so it was my fault) and that I should take it as a compliment.

Anyway, everyone had dumbfuck advice because they were afraid to rock the boat. The guy never got the point and I wound up carrying pepper spray with me everywhere for a year, afraid he'd be around every corner despite the restraining order I had against him.

It turned out he wasn't even a student at the university, but was sitting in on my class because he'd followed me to it. So brilliant. Totally scary.

Fin!

L'ilMisSunshine

TRIBE Member
Damn ila! Sorry to hear that, it must've been awful. Not to be dramatic (and I'm sure this has more than crossed your mind) but that guy was only a step or two away from rape/murder from the sounds of it.

I wonder what makes these guys tick? How is an obsession like that more desirable than having a real girlfriend?

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
Only Cylons have the transporting technology to make such a feat, as the exchange of bodily fluids on that date, possible.

Damn skin jobs.

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
ila, that sounds crazy! Thank you for your advice and thanks to everyone else as well. :)

I'm going to leave it for now. If he calls back again I think I will pick up the call and tell him to stop. I'll record the time of the call etc., The good thing is he has no idea where I live, although I do know where he lives as I picked him up for the date. I don't understand the obsessiveness and pining after one date, but am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt at this juncture. However, if he doesn't stop after that I will call the police and give them the info.