• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The whining/bitching/moaning thread v.2

Skipper

TRIBE Member
I really wouldn't call her posts inflammatory. Critical, sure, but if you post those details about your life on the net, you are opening yourself up commentary and it's not always going to be positive. I don't think she was being rude at all or purposely insulting.

This forum offers a lot of sympathy and it's appreciated by everyone who needs it, but that's not what it's here for.

This is where I say "that's just how I see it."

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
I hate Reading Week. What's the point of it? We don't get one in the fall term... and I'd certainly rather finish this term a week early, than have a week off in the middle.
It really screws you up... takes you out of your groove. Argh.

sarafina

TRIBE Member
Well after a week of being on a high b/c of my potential trip, I am crashing today.
So stressed about money and pissed at my school for losing both my proposal for ethics review and my osap forms.
Just dealt with rogers for about an hour trying to figure out why i haven't gotten a bill, and now owe them 230$ for 3 months + late fees.
Right now I HATE HATE HATE only talking to/communicating with my boyfriend once a week. I really need a hug and a shoulder.
*cry*

^NuERA^

TRIBE Member
sarafina said:
Well after a week of being on a high b/c of my potential trip, I am crashing today.
So stressed about money and pissed at my school for losing both my proposal for ethics review and my osap forms.
Just dealt with rogers for about an hour trying to figure out why i haven't gotten a bill, and now owe them 230$ for 3 months + late fees.
Right now I HATE HATE HATE only talking to/communicating with my boyfriend once a week. I really need a hug and a shoulder.
*cry*
:(

I hope you find your way to Europe! A little time away seems to be just what you need.

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
Do you have a copy of the review? Keep thinking about your trip. Things will work out I'm sure sarafina. Deep breaths!

Mich, take the time to catch up! If you try to keep to your regular schedule, albeit no classes, and study in the time when you would be going to classes, it should help you keep up.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
NemIsis said:
Mich, take the time to catch up! If you try to keep to your regular schedule, albeit no classes, and study in the time when you would be going to classes, it should help you keep up.
Very hard to do. Because everything/one else in my life knows that I'm on reading week.. and it's when I finally get stuff done in other areas: seeing a good friend or two, nonprofit work, working everyday at my job, cleaning the apmt, cooking giant batches of food to last me forever... etc.

I think it's just silly to have a reading week in the first place. My feelings are compounded by the fact that writing midterm exams immediately after reading week is horrible... hell, even sitting in class today was torture! :p

skyparty

TRIBE Member
Skipper said:
Critical, sure, but if you post those details about your life on the net, you are opening yourself up commentary and it's not always going to be positive. I don't think she was being rude at all or purposely insulting.

you are right, and i didn't find her insulting or rude at all.

i appreciate everyone's view points, because like you said-
i posted my life on the internet.

i just wanted booboo to understand that i'm not some bum ;)

ANTI WHINE!

I HAVE ANOTHER JOB INTERVEW COMING UP! just got the call today! WOO!

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
Michlerish said:
Very hard to do. Because everything/one else in my life knows that I'm on reading week..
And they all call you with exciting events/times? I know what that is like :p
Be strong!

dr. claw

Skipper said:
I really wouldn't call her posts inflammatory. Critical, sure, but if you post those details about your life on the net, you are opening yourself up commentary and it's not always going to be positive. I don't think she was being rude at all or purposely insulting.

This forum offers a lot of sympathy and it's appreciated by everyone who needs it, but that's not what it's here for.

Fair enough. I thought he/she/it was trolling and I expressed it by "telling it like it is", but I'm likely wrong.

sarafina

TRIBE Member
ok i sent off that resume and cover letter i was working on. i really hope i hear back from them soon!
now i'm trying to figure out if i want to do kickboxing, power yoga, or more relaxing yoga to de-stress. i think it will be a long power yoga session

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

rubytuesday

TRIBE Member
Michlerish said:
I hate Reading Week. What's the point of it? We don't get one in the fall term... and I'd certainly rather finish this term a week early, than have a week off in the middle.
It really screws you up... takes you out of your groove. Argh.
I am loving it. No (well less) student emails and no interruptions, which means I can focus on work ALL day. I'm not good at getting work done in the midst of a packed schedule and lots of background noise so this is blissful.

Aaaand I'm such a geek because I'm doing nothing but working all week. :eek:

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
NemIsis said:
And they all call you with exciting events/times? I know what that is like :p
Be strong!

haha, not really... but I know what you mean!
For me, it's more like "I haven't seen or talked to you in weeks/months... want to get together and drink some wine?"
That's it. Just a fun night with wine at home, or a dinner out :)

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
rubytuesday said:
I am loving it. No (well less) student emails and no interruptions, which means I can focus on work ALL day. I'm not good at getting work done in the midst of a packed schedule and lots of background noise so this is blissful.

Aaaand I'm such a geek because I'm doing nothing but working all week. :eek:
Well I loved it while it was happening... but not now (mine was last week)! :p

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
Michlerish said:
haha, not really... but I know what you mean!
For me, it's more like "I haven't seen or talked to you in weeks/months... want to get together and drink some wine?"
That's it. Just a fun night with wine at home, or a dinner out :)
I think you and I are in the same boat. That's the most fun for me these days. Last Friday my best girlfriend and I whipped up some pasta, chatted about our lives, and watched cheesy flics with hunky men (all with liberal doses of wine :) ). So much fun.

It's gotten so that I prefer these nights to going out. :eek:

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
I have a new whine:

I had no idea my evening class today was cancelled. So I've been waiting around in scarborough since 5pm for nothing! :(

ila

TRIBE Member
dr. claw said:
Fair enough. I thought he/she/it was trolling and I expressed it by "telling it like it is", but I'm likely wrong.
I have the feeling that the chick/dude is voicing what a lot of lurkers think when they read shit in this forum.

Pyrovitae

TRIBE Member
Skipper said:

poor choice of words - ok, 'critical'.

fair enough, i can appreciate your perspective. as i said, i just hate that expression. in my (subjective) experience the people who use it do so in order to be critical, like 'hey, i'm going to tell you something negative in a tactless way, but that's cool, 'cuz i like to keep it real like that, and i'm just telling it the way i see it.' sure, a lot of people here emotionally expose themselves in this forum and on this board but being brutally honest or coming across as overally critical is no substitute for trying to say something in a somewhat considerate way, especially when people don't know you.

and that's not 'the way i see it', that's just my perspective, which is obviously only one amongst many.

Pyrovitae

TRIBE Member
...and i kinda feel i'm in the minority, because aside from this forum, i rarely post on here anymore (and even then i don't post much.) a lot of people now provide scathing, sarcastic responses, especially in the gen forum whereas i think that an online argument doesn't need to degenerate into insults. c'est la vie.

Last edited:

IgStar

TRIBE Member
I'm pissed the cheapest price I can find for a flight home in May is 1400chf.
1400!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHF. like, fuck.
it's gonna cost us pretty much 3000chf just for the flight, what about fucking spending $$$?? Hey Zeus.

I'm also feeling pretty bummed lately that:
a. I can't seem to get this german, maybe languages just aren't my thang? I dunno....I should be alot more fluent by now but...ugh.
b. since I still am NOT fluent, I am still not working. Sure, the cleaning thing gets me out of the apt. and does make some extra cash...I didn't move here thinking I would be a fucking cleaning lady.
c. my PC is in the shop now for a month, using a visiting friends laptop...bummer.
d. we may possibly be moving to a way smaller place and I am not ready to leave Zurich.

thank god the weather has been, well....almost creepily too nice. (19 here today) I never saw snow ONCE this winter which probably means this summer is going to be a fucking scorcher here.

my self esteem is at an all time low.

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
sarafina said:
yes! I actually got a 600$ bursary this year, first time I've ever applied for one. So now I just owe 1200 tuition lol.

anyway, I'm finally at the point where if I don't get an actual job that I want, I will have to apply to random crappy places to try to find something part-time for now.
ugh this frustrates me about the GTA, findin a decent job sucks. i actually like being in the GTA. grrrrr. i might have to go back to service industry again. /sigh
I HATE TEMP AGENCIES WITH A PASSION!

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
Michlerish said:
I have a new whine:

I had no idea my evening class today was cancelled. So I've been waiting around in scarborough since 5pm for nothing! :(
I hate that!

when i used to go to school in the city and lived at home..i travelled the 6:53am go train to find out my class was freaking cancelled and hten i just went home..so annoyed!

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
ravinjunkie said:
ugh this frustrates me about the GTA, findin a decent job sucks. i actually like being in the GTA. grrrrr. i might have to go back to service industry again. /sigh
I HATE TEMP AGENCIES WITH A PASSION!
Keithbagg group are really good fyi.

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
Pyrovitae said:
...and i kinda feel i'm in the minority, because aside from this forum, i rarely post on here anymore (and even then i don't post much.) a lot of people now provide scathing, sarcastic responses, especially in the gen forum whereas i think that an online argument doesn't need to degenerate into insults. c'est la vie.
A lot of ppl on this board know each other in person. I just find its weird how they can be so rude to each other bc it's over the computer and so therefore it's 'not real' but they hang out in person..unless you can tell it's obviously a joke..that's different. I just find a lot of ppl use this to take out their anger/stress and instead of just writing it in a blog, they attack others so they can get a reaction bc it makes them feel better. It's really Juvenile.

p.s i dont know if you remember me..but i have a picture of you and I from Hulla 1999. I should scan it and post it :D

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders