• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The whining/bitching/moaning thread v.2

Skipper

TRIBE Member
I'm going on the assumption that the other one fell into the internet ether last night when the server stuff happened.

- I had a coughing fit that almost turned into a panic attack last night
- my pants are too tight
- my umbrella is all turned inside out
- work is really sucking right now because there's a lot of it and I'm totally not interested
 

IgStar

TRIBE Member
so that's why my post count seems less...cuz I SWEAR I had more posts 2 days ago...

anyways! sweet...we're back in whining mode :)

found out my grandfather is quite ill and may not make it much longer...I have no money to fly home.
 

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
aw Ig!! :(

i left my umbrella at Hali's yesterday because Dave told me to because we were gonna get in a cab anyway. i just opened the patio door to see what the weather was like before heading off to work and it's raining/snowing HARD.

BOO DAVED. can i blame him? yes, yes i can.

AND I DON'T WANNA GO TO WORK!!

i think we should all throw a mini-temper-tantrum right now. close your office door and just jump up and down and scream silently with your fists clenched. i'm gonna do that in my living room and then put my coat on, take one of my shitty stand-by umbrellas and see how little work i can get by doing today. aye aye.

yay Friday!!
 

Skipper

TRIBE Member
^^ I'm sorry to hear that Iggy. :(

Killa, yes, I finished my anti biotics on Monday, and then on Wednesday I was starting to feel a bit better. Sleeping through the night and everything. I hadn't had one of these really bad coughing fits since Saturday, then one came last night.
 

IgStar

TRIBE Member
yeah. that means both of the grandparents I was closest to, I will have missed their funerals.

like, it wasn't shitty enough my grams had to pass away last year this time on my fucking honeymoon!

can someone move Canada a bit closer to Switzerland?
:(
 

Gfunkdiva

TRIBE Member
:(

My ex is moving out for good this weekend. I'm not sure whether this should be posted here or in the other forum. Crazy times.
 

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Skipper said:
^^ I'm sorry to hear that Iggy. :(

Killa, yes, I finished my anti biotics on Monday, and then on Wednesday I was starting to feel a bit better. Sleeping through the night and everything. I hadn't had one of these really bad coughing fits since Saturday, then one came last night.
Do you still feel like you are sick?
 

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Gfunkdiva said:
:(

My ex is moving out for good this weekend. I'm not sure whether this should be posted here or in the other forum. Crazy times.
!!!

KL: I feel just sort of under the weather, like I have all along. A bit more tired than normal but that could be the weather too.
 
Last edited:

Fairie

TRIBE Member
Skipper - you might want to go back to the doctor and get on a different type of antibiotics. I had the exact same thing happen after the first round of pills - felt a bit better for a few days, then all of the sudden I started to get way worse. The doctor put me on more drugs (against my better judgement) and I finally got better. Don't fool around with it.

As for me...I am sitting at home still trying to figure out why I would take a vacation day to get a wisdom tooth pulled. I am in so much pain it's stupid. Three advil and a 222 later, the pain is just down to a dull roar. I am NOT pleasant to be around right now.
 

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Fairie said:
. The doctor put me on more drugs (against my better judgement) and I finally got better. Don't fool around with it.
Why was it against your better judgement if you got better? :confused:
I'm going for a chest x-ray this afternoon, and I guess tomorrow I'll go see the same doc again.
 

Fairie

TRIBE Member
I just didn't want to take two rounds of antibiotics in such a short period of time. I had a five day version and then started a ten day version all within six weeks. I thought it would be too hard on my body.

But as my doctor said, it's way harder on the body to stay THAT sick for so long. And of course, once I was half way through the second set and was feeling better than I had in over a month, I was very happy I listened to her.
 

mayab

TRIBE Member
I'm supposed to go to a spinning class at lunch time but the weather is so gross out there. I don't want to be soaking wet before I even start sweating at the gym:mad:
 

Bean

TRIBE Member
Fairie said:
.

As for me...I am sitting at home still trying to figure out why I would take a vacation day to get a wisdom tooth pulled. I am in so much pain it's stupid. Three advil and a 222 later, the pain is just down to a dull roar. I am NOT pleasant to be around right now.
your dentist didn't give you any T3s or stronger stuff? :-/

sooo crappy that you had to use a vacation day for that (I used sick days a few years ago for that). can you see if you can use a sick day instead of a vac day? (fingers crossed!)

hope you are feeling well soon, sara!
 

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
My aunt called and then asked me to speak to my grandmother, but my grandmother is half deaf and she couldn't hear me at all. It made me cry and sad about that and made me realize that her age is getting up there. :(
Distance fucking sucks.
 

Poot

TRIBE Member
oh god - I've had a reaction to something, and am covered in an itchy red, bumpy rash. It looks nasty and feels even worse.

The heat/sun seems to irritate it even more.

So I guess I will be spending the rest of my honeymoon in my suite, counting down the days until I can see my doctor at home.

I want to cry.
 

mayab

TRIBE Member
Have you taken an anti-histamine tablet yet Poot? They work for all kinds of allergic reactions. It is worth a try until you get to see a Doctor.

Feel better soon!
 

lucky1

TRIBE Member
yes take an antihistamine and the hives should go away..

reactine / claritan / allegra.. any of the non-drowsy ones are ok ... and they last 24+ hours (don't take benedril it only last 4-6 hours and you feel like a zombie)

I dealt with chronic hives for 3+ years until i figured out i was allergic to eggs..... i feel you pain!

heat does make them worse.. take a coolish shower to help calm your skin down.. don't take advil or aspirin, or motrin.. they make them worse.. also strawberrys and i think citrus are a big triggers for a lot of people. (i'm trying to remember what the doctor told me)
 
Last edited:

smokeyeyes

TRIBE Member
IgStar said:
yeah. that means both of the grandparents I was closest to, I will have missed their funerals.

like, it wasn't shitty enough my grams had to pass away last year this time on my fucking honeymoon!

can someone move Canada a bit closer to Switzerland?
:(
this is the hardest part about living overseas.

I'm so sorry :(
 

smokeyeyes

TRIBE Member
Poot said:
oh god - I've had a reaction to something, and am covered in an itchy red, bumpy rash. It looks nasty and feels even worse.

The heat/sun seems to irritate it even more.

So I guess I will be spending the rest of my honeymoon in my suite, counting down the days until I can see my doctor at home.

I want to cry.
oh nos! that sucks :(

small bumps? itch even more when exposed to heat?

if so... it actually sounds like heat rash.

(how's that for a 10 cent internet diagnosis)
 

Poot

TRIBE Member
It's localized in a few spots... may be heat rash. I've tried a topical cream, to no avail. Am sucking it up and paying to see the doctor here shortly.

We've cancelled our hot springs/volcano tour, and I'm not doing the spa here either, since that too is guaranteed to just irritate this further.

I did have a few virgin strawberry margheritas yesterday and today... wonder if that contributed.

(Michael has forbidden me from drinking all day... bottles to stay corked until late-afternoon. Something about becoming surly and glaring at Americans. :p )
 
Top