• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The "Where can I buy -?-" Thread

sk8

TRIBE Member
LOL - yeah the one near my work is open 24 hours so I go on my drive in the morning - wayyyyy less crazy. Went this morning for some movies and didn't even wait in line.

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
what about one of those party stores that sold all the halloween stuff, that is now selling the christmas stuff???
or maybe even the dollar store?

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
I need some cardigan/open-front sweaters in various colours. My office is always freezing and I need to layer. I already have a few jackets, but I need loose and open sweater-type things...

I think there are a couple random stores in College Park I can try, maybe Winners? I went to Old Navy today, but their stuff is such crap quality. Ideas?

Metal Morphosis

TRIBE Member
might be tough this time of year maz since they're moving spring stuff in.
i found a couple of those open cardis at Mango and Mexx
Gap usually has them too non?

peko

TRIBE Member
I need some cardigan/open-front sweaters in various colours. My office is always freezing and I need to layer. I already have a few jackets, but I need loose and open sweater-type things...

I think there are a couple random stores in College Park I can try, maybe Winners? I went to Old Navy today, but their stuff is such crap quality. Ideas?

The Gap has some longish open front sweaters on sale from the first phase of their spring line - they tried to sell me a dark navy one at the Young/ Eglington store. This style was long enough to cover your bum and was a thin cotton blend knit. You'll have to search through their sale section.

The Gap has tons of sweaters and cardigans in their spring lines (on sale or some newer ones regular price). But, you get 30% off everything online today and lots of promo prices in-store.

I had luck with H&M maternity when I was pregnant with OC, but now sure what their maternity line is like right now (located at EC, basement level, small section with baby clothes at the back of the store).

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
I had luck with H&M maternity when I was pregnant with OC, but now sure what their maternity line is like right now (located at EC, basement level, small section with baby clothes at the back of the store).
Ya, I guess I'll hit the mall again next week and try a couple stores.

peko

TRIBE Member
Ya, I guess I'll hit the mall again next week and try a couple stores.
I'll get the style number and price of the Gap cardigan for you because I'll be in the neighbourhood.... And, I love shopping. :p

OMG! I'm on hold with TousRUs to find out about the crib I want. Online delivery is $200, yet delivery from the store is $25-32, talk about fleecing online shoppers. I hate ToysRUs and I'm having a Groundhog Day experience. :p

erika

TRIBE Member

Zara is generally good for things like that.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
I was at old navy yesterday (yes I know you mentioned you are not into them) but they had a tonne of longer cardis with three buttons or so, More of their "boyfriend style".

Do you have any pashmina's? I always keep one at my desk and wrap up in it if the ac is too much in the summer

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
Where's a good place for buying Hello Kitty stuff? especially anything makeup/beauty related.
Dont say chinatown, a little more specific.

I thought there used to be a store in chinatown on the east side of the spadina that sold all that kind of stuff, when you came off the sidewalk you had to go down stairs to get to it. but ive been up and down the street and cant find it anywhere.

kirstenmeows

TRIBE Member
Easy peasy. Dragon City Mall @ Spadina & Dundas, Chinatown Centre (in front of the Super 8 Motel) @ Spadina & Sullivan (I think), and L & M Trading Company @ Queen just west of Spadina should satisfy your Hello Kitty needs. You can also try the Outer Layer @ Queen just east of Bathurst (I think there's one on Bloor too). There's always Official Home of Hello Kitty and Friends - Sanrio.com if you're not in a huge hurry :D.

peko

TRIBE Member
There's a few cute shops in Koreatown on the North side of Bloor between Spadina and Christie which have Hello Kitty stuff. I can't remember the exact side streets they're closest.

peko

TRIBE Member
Little Burgundy shoe stores also carry Hello Kitty by Sanrio (but not make-up/ beauty related).

Edit: I love Outer Layer on Bloor Street (just a block or two west of Spadina)!

Last edited:

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
awesome thanks guys.
I know outer layer on queen, ive been meaning to go there anyway cause they used to sell dirty girl soap and stuff so I wanted to see if they still have it. thanks for reminding me.
I went in the one on bloor not too long ago, I dont remember seeing hello kitty stuff but I was looking for it at the time. i dont remember seeing dirty girl stuff either.

kirstenmeows

TRIBE Member
I too used to buy the Dirty Girl bath stuff. It smelled so good (water lilies!), and yes,I always found it at the Outer Layer on Queen. Well worth the trip and not far from the other places I mentioned. :)

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
they do not sell dirty girl nor hello kitty stuff (well a bowl and cup) at outer layer on queen.
but i found some stuff in other places so all is right with the world

erika

TRIBE Member
I too used to buy the Dirty Girl bath stuff. It smelled so good (water lilies!), and yes,I always found it at the Outer Layer on Queen. Well worth the trip and not far from the other places I mentioned. :)
There's also one between Spadina and Bathurst on Bloor, north side.

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
Nail Polish.
A large selection (preferably cheaper prices, but thats not mandatory).
lots of different kinds and types of stuff, like for people that actually know how to do nails and are into that kind of shit.

bueller ?????????????????

chooch

TRIBE Member
Nail Polish.
A large selection (preferably cheaper prices, but thats not mandatory).
lots of different kinds and types of stuff, like for people that actually know how to do nails and are into that kind of shit.

bueller ?????????????????
first off, are you looking for cheap and trendy? are you looking for environmental friendly?

If you want cheap and trendy and not bad, try Forever 21. They usually run about 3.99 a pop.

If you are looking for pretty good selection of colours, OPI and Essie are good wearing and go for around 8.99-12.99 depending on where you get them.

If you are looking for no chems in your polish, here is a list Non-Toxic Nail Polish | Care2 Healthy Living

Good way to make your mani last is to get a decent base coat (I use revlon) and a top coat (I use Essie).