• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The "Where can I buy -?-" Thread

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
I have too. Plus I have a sparrow necklace from Zippan designs...I got it at the One of Kind Craft show last year, but Zippan designs is available at Fresh Collective on Queen W.

:)sarah

Jenniflex

TRIBE Member
Thanks ladies,
I tried Fresh Collective and Outer Layer (queen st location) this morning with no luck :(
I do have a Trove in my neighborhood maybe I will give it a try tomorrow.

Persephone

TRIBE Member
ladies, help!

I'm looking for funky/stylish or funny aprons. Need one as a birthday gift THIS WEEKEND and I've exhausted most of my local (Hamilton) options. Any suggestions?

Please do not suggest Etsy...they have adorable aprons, but there's no way I can get the apron before the party. I need to go to a store that has aprons in stock.

Merci!

jocelyn dee

TRIBE Promoter
ladies, help!

I'm looking for funky/stylish or funny aprons. Need one as a birthday gift THIS WEEKEND and I've exhausted most of my local (Hamilton) options. Any suggestions?

Please do not suggest Etsy...they have adorable aprons, but there's no way I can get the apron before the party. I need to go to a store that has aprons in stock.

Merci!
If you are in Toronto, check out La Di Da boutique on (on Danforth, just east of Broadview). They have all kinds of gift things including funky aprons.

Persephone

TRIBE Member
^ Thanks. I ended up just buying her something online and printing out the image for her card. But I definitely want to check out that boutique, I just don't get to that east-side of Toronto very often.

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
hey gals,
so I love this style of shoe:

Tried googling Canvas Shoe and the only brand I come up with is Tom's. Does anyone know any other brand making this style of shoe? I have super narrow feet and I worry they won't be as comfortable as they look. :\

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
lol - seems Sketchers totally copied by creating a Bob's brand.
+1 for originality there, Sketchers. (cheaper though -- although on many levels, probably).

cabbagetowngirl

TRIBE Member
hey gals,
so I love this style of shoe:

Tried googling Canvas Shoe and the only brand I come up with is Tom's. Does anyone know any other brand making this style of shoe? I have super narrow feet and I worry they won't be as comfortable as they look. :\
I have very narrow feet as well. I was skeptical about Tom's until I bought a pair. They are super comfy! So much that I actually bought another pair in a different color.

peko

TRIBE Member

bettEC

TRIBE Member
Mariaaaaa!

I own both a pair of Tom's (same as in your pic but true grey) and a wedge pair of Bob's and they are both great. For the record my Bob's came with a giant Bob's LABEL on the back of them which came off quite easily with a stitch ripper.

What size are you? I actually bought the Tom's a bit too small (the salesperson encouraged me to go tight as they stretch) but I still can't wear them, they're too small. I'll dig them up and check the size if you're in my size range....

Go to Get Outside and Locale at E.Centre.

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
dude i'm a size 10, but thanks for the offer!!!

i saw them on sale at SoftMoc, so I may go back after work if I manage to get out, or maybe on the weekend.

my next attempt will be to find a nice pair of boat shoes...

the main problem is that i walk a LOT. to and from work/daycare/home every day. I can't have shoes that fall apart after a month. I have enough "work only" shoes.

I may have to spend the big bucks for some nice Ecco shoes or something with support. Although I think I know of a podiatrist (sp?) that does shoes that would be covered by my work-plan... need to look into that!

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
^ wow those are lovely, if I had seen this two weeks ago, I'd bought a pair.

re: Toms - I bought a pair and love them, my only problem is mine became quite smelly. I will probably go buy another pair.

Metal Morphosis

TRIBE Member
^ wow those are lovely, if I had seen this two weeks ago, I'd bought a pair.
i ended up finding them online at Karmaloop.
i wore them to my wedding... sort of, it was really rainy so i wore converse for most of the wedding / photos b/c we were in the forest and i didn't want to trash them lol.

i'm looking to buy fake snow - like to put in a snow globe. deserres has none.
any ideas?

Metal Morphosis

TRIBE Member
i thought of michael's earlier today but they're aren't any near me - it sucks! i love that place.
and i'm not touching Walmart until well after the holidays lol