• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The "Where can I buy -?-" Thread

cosmiK-Cat

TRIBE Member
Anyone know where I can get the stretchy long t-shirts that were out about 2 years ago? There were some on the dead racks last summer..wish I picked up more.

They go good with my low riders, which I wear b/c I have a short waist- except with regular shirts you have belly hang.

That & they are great for layering with snowboarding- no butt gaping when you gotta bend over:D

thanksyew

ila

TRIBE Member
Have you checked places like Garage, Urban Behaviour, Thrifty's, Hollister and Old Navy?

I'd poke around where teenagers shop for t-shirts and the like :)

JESuX

TRIBE Member
ohyes. they're there in moundfulls... urban behaviour, garage, and urban planet are your best shots - most $8-$12 each.

i've recently just discovered the benefit of layering all of my "just too short" cute tops that were "in" a couple years ago, but now suddenly "out" as shirt hemlines have dropped.

they've breathed new life into shirts i thought were done! yeay. :)

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
thank GOD for dropped hemlines, huh? As a tall girl I was getting fucking sick of shirts that just came to the top of my pants and I'd have to be careful about bending over or lifting my arms. And god forbid they shrink in the wash.

I'm so stocking up before this style is over ;)

kate

TRIBE Member
YES! On the long shirt topic, I am in the market for some long-legnth beaters (ribbed tank tops). I got some great ones that are called LA Brand or something like that 2 years ago, but my BF has taken them for his own a few times (despite me saying I CAN'T GET THEM ANYMORE AND THEY ARE MY FAVS) and now they have pit stains.

I don't want racerback, I just want wide-strapped, white and black long legnth tank tops.

HELP MEEEEEE

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
Michlerish said:
thank GOD for dropped hemlines, huh? As a tall girl I was getting fucking sick of shirts that just came to the top of my pants and I'd have to be careful about bending over or lifting my arms. And god forbid they shrink in the wash.

yeah, for sure. factor in being short waisted to the tallness factor and t-shirts used to look ridiculous on me a few years ago. i hope the long shirt thing is here to stay!

i need to check out these places y'all have recommended to stock up.

cosmiK-Cat

TRIBE Member
excellent- so they are still in fashion for this spring!
(not being a mall trawler anymore I am out of the loop)

-J

PS-Kate- buy some fruit of the looms for your boyfriend. Then steal them back. :D

trickynicky

TRIBE Member
kate said:
YES! On the long shirt topic, I am in the market for some long-legnth beaters (ribbed tank tops). I got some great ones that are called LA Brand or something like that 2 years ago, but my BF has taken them for his own a few times (despite me saying I CAN'T GET THEM ANYMORE AND THEY ARE MY FAVS) and now they have pit stains.

I don't want racerback, I just want wide-strapped, white and black long legnth tank tops.

HELP MEEEEEE
go to american apparel
check out the 2x1 Rib U Neck

I just bought 3 of them - they have a nice big U shaped neckline and they are really long. they were on sale if you bougtht 2 last time i was in

peko

TRIBE Member
Long teeshirts -----> boathouse = melissa 2 / $25 (maybe 3 / $35*) (no white teeshirts for 2/25, but I can't remember 100%). And, I think a % of melissa product sales go to some kind of charity, or something - see tag.

Or, a teeshirt shop on Queen near LaCache & Fashion Crimes sells tons of tanks in different styles for cheap - 3 / $20 or cheaper. Long teeshirts 4/ $20 or 2/$25. And, they have a shop on Yonge, north of Eglinton, between Lululemon & West49 - with some same deals.

* NOT 100% of 3/$35 for long teeshirt, but lots of other shirts and stuff were. :)

sk8

TRIBE Member
kate said:

HELP MEEEEEE

OLD NAVY

they had tons of plain long beater type tanks. I'm wearing one right now in turquoise.

i bought a bunch for the exact reason Jesux said - layering my now too short things over them.

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
Michlerish said:

long torso's unite.

Bean

TRIBE Member
peko said:
Or, a teeshirt shop on Queen near LaCache & Fashion Crimes sells tons of tanks in different styles for cheap - 3 / $20 or cheaper. Long teeshirts 4/ $20 or 2/$25. And, they have a shop on Yonge, north of Eglinton, between Lululemon & West49 - with some same deals.
i think you are talking about chocky's and they are a great source for basics - socks, underwear, longjohns, t-shirts, etc and they are cheap!

peko

TRIBE Member
Thanks Bean - I never knew the name of those stores. So, jg likes Chorky's too. :)

3 :D :D :D for Chorkys.

Cut-Rate Clothing - teeshirt/trankpant kinda shop - Bloor West (at Beresford), andYonge (at Keewatin) - opposite side of Yonge then Chorky's & closer to Eglington). Teeshirts are like 2/$25 or combo deals with cotton sweats, skirts and stuff. I got my long u-neck tanks there. Made in Canada and 100% cotton.

WINNERS - youth xxl or 16, saw lots of great teeshirts at Bay/Bloor.

cosmiK-Cat

TRIBE Member
peko said:
Thanks Bean - I never knew the name of those stores. So, jg likes Chorky's too. :)

3 :D :D :D for Chorkys.

Cut-Rate Clothing - teeshirt/trankpant kinda shop - Bloor West (at Beresford), andYonge (at Keewatin) - opposite side of Yonge then Chorky's & closer to Eglington). Teeshirts are like 2/$25 or combo deals with cotton sweats, skirts and stuff. I got my long u-neck tanks there. Made in Canada and 100% cotton.

WINNERS - youth xxl or 16, saw lots of great teeshirts at Bay/Bloor.
yeah been to cut rate- did they just get a new shipment in of long tanks? Cuz I've been in there twice this year & never seen such things..

Are the Mink mile winners tees long?

peko

TRIBE Member
cosmiK-Cat said:
yeah been to cut rate- did they just get a new shipment in of long tanks? Cuz I've been in there twice this year & never seen such things..

Are the Mink mile winners tees long?
no, I haven't been in that store since last summer - just lising stores I've scored teeshirts & tanks at.

Bean

TRIBE Member
one more i forgot!

i've lucked out at winners (~$14 / shirt) over the last 2 years with the brand called "engine no. 9" (engine9clothing.com) . . . i'm not sure where else they retail. they're canadian too.

sarafina

TRIBE Member
salon selectives?
they had this gel-mousse foaming stuff that was great for low-maintenance scrunching.
now they don't carry it anymore at zellers or shoppers.

ScottBentley

TRIBE Member
Hello Ladies. Does anyone know where you can get slip covers for a couch? They used to carry them at Ikea, but no longer.

the gatekeeper

TRIBE Member
My mom got some at Sears a couple of years ago. There or the Bay might have something. Homesense might be worth a try too if you're near one. There's also a store that specializes in custom slipcovers called Potatoskins http://www.potatoskins.com/ but they're pricey. Not sure how much you want to invest in one but they're made to measure and have lots of fabric choices.