• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The Way We Were: Old Skool pics V.2.9

Rocky

TRIBE Member
Speaking of highschool - I found these in some of my boxes at my mom's place when I was home this Christmas:

Grade 7

Grade 14

Poot

TRIBE Member
ah - the HSR id card. I've got a few of those kicking around here... I need to get a scanner at some point in my life.

(and then I can prove the "awkward stage" :p)

Resolver

TRIBE Member
@ Exhibition Stadium back in '85 maybe??

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

& Here's 1 with my sister's dog Charlotte back in '97 I believe.

[/IMG]

R.I.P. Charlotte

Poot

TRIBE Member
I may have posted some of these last year (??), before my other photo account got wiped out -- sorry for any re-posts:

From 1999:

Italy (Abruzzo):

1999 - The suburban oasis that is Steeltown, with my "little" brother:

And previously posted in the Weird Parent thread:

(It appears Hallowe'en didn't merit a generous budget in my home...)

Poot

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kmac
^^^^

Awww, love it.

I think one year I had the exact same costume as you, Poot.

haha -- "Bargain Cowgirl Pirate Gypsy" -- complete with HOMEMADE eye patch??? lol. None of this pre-fab Hallowe'en costume bullshit for us, kmac!!!

HaliBubba

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Poot
I may have posted some of these last year (??), before my other photo account got wiped out -- sorry for any re-posts:

1999 - The suburban oasis that is Steeltown, with my "little" brother:

i like your brother's socks :)

Poot

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by HaliBubba
i like your brother's socks :)
Sadly, the socks would be a vast improvement over the current state of affairs.

His ankle/calf is now covered in an enormous "Brothers and Ballers" tattoo. Goes nicely with the corn rows. Gadzooks.

futronic

TRIBE Member

From 1999:

Italy (Abruzzo):

Where in Abruzzo were you? I visited family in Rocca S. Giovanni, and made trips to Pescara, Lanciano, and Fossacesia also.

-- Jay aka Fut

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member

From 1999:

Italy (Abruzzo):

hey look it's my favourite cousin of Jess' again! :)

Poot

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by futronic
Where in Abruzzo were you? I visited family in Rocca S. Giovanni, and made trips to Pescara, Lanciano, and Fossacesia also.

-- Jay aka Fut

We were all over. I spent most of my time in my dad's village, Gagliano, and also in my cousins' village, Aielli. I think the pic above may be from Avezzano... but I'm not sure... all those castles start to look the same!! ;)

Also went to Pescara (<3 !!!!!) and Sulmona... along with a few other teeny towns also.

I really need to go back. Soon.

*sigh*

Poot

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Boss Hog
hey look it's my favourite cousin of Jess' again! :)
I *know* these are re-posts, but just for Boss Hog ;) :

I really need to get the rest of those pics scanned... there's some incredible ones of the castles & country side. It's like a fairy-tale land there.

HaliBubba

TRIBE Promoter

I really need to get the rest of those pics scanned... there's some incredible ones of the castles & country side. It's like a fairy-tale land there. [/B]
BEAUTIFUL..... ummm.. scenery :) Only been to Italy once but sooo loved it. I need to get my ass back to europe again... *sigh*

Poot

TRIBE Member
:eek: thx.

All photo-whoring aside, I do have some really gorgeous Italy pictures at home.

The castle behind my dad's home (now his uncle's home) is used as a summer vacation property by Sophia Lauren. We were lucky enough to get inside and take some pictures (a family member does some work on the property). I really should track those down and scan them.

The Abruzzo National Park pics I have, also, are incredible... as are the other dozens and dozens of photos I have snapped of the small towns & surrounding landscapes.

I just need to get organized and get those photos scanned... finally.

Last edited: