• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The Walking Dead - Series

tripleup

TRIBE Member
Come on, it was a damn fine episode. Those complaining that it was far fetched really don't get how manipulative the Governor can be. Maybe an hour long episode is not enough to showcase it but I'm sure he started working his way into the minds of everyone at that camp in a similar way to how he convinced all those others to attack the prison last season.

Plus, if you think the writing is lazy, then you'd be surprised that quite a few scenes from that episode were from the comics as well. The only difference is that in the comics, he rode in on the tank with people from Woodbury.

Lobo
It's a fair criticism.

The Governor finally has his mortal enemy at swords end, and probably the deadliest member of Rick's group in Michonne and he decapitates Herschel?

The sick and brilliant man that built Woodbury.. stalked Andrea with such relentless drive he survived those walkers she trapped him with, and he's suddenly a tactical imbecile?

There were some great moments but too much was nonsense and frustrating to watch.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Rage

TRIBE Member
This has been brutal so far. A buddy who knows the comics keeps telling me that all hell is going to break loose soon and it's going to get crazy but we're now past the 4th episode and NOTHING has happened. Dunno if I got it in me to sit through another "Farm-type" season.

Rage

TRIBE Member
Utter shit. Can't remember being this disappointed in a show before. 5 episodes where absolutely nothing has happened & they're already teasing how there's only 3 episodes left. WTF? You've done ZERO with the last 5 & now you're trying to tell us to "get ready for the final 3"???

coleridge

TRIBE Member
This show is completely off the rails. Nothing makes sense anymore and the characters continue to do things that are completely illogical.

For example:

You'd think the group of people in the prison would have a meeting spot planned for if the prison was ever overrun and they had to make a hasty escape.

Everyone's wandering around like they have no idea where they are but as soon as someone wants to have their first drink Daryl takes them straight to a hidden moonshine still he knows about. But not before putting his life in jeopardy by exploring a golf club house that he had apparently never been in before.

Who would get drunk on moonshine in the middle of a forest when at any given moment a whole herd of walkers could come out of the darkness?

Why has no one in the months leading up to the prison disaster found these signs about the safe haven? All the scouting and patrolling they were doing surely would have turned these up.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Agreed with all the comments about the show going to shit. It's even worse for me as I've been playing Last of Us on Sunday nights and going back and forth during the commercials and that story is soooooooo much better.

lobo

TRIBE Member
Even the wife admitted last night that it's dragging at this point and she's usually ok with mundane shit happening in tv shows. The next 3 better be epic.

Lobo

RumRogerz

TRIBE Member
I would just stick to TellTale's The Walking Dead. It's exponentially better than what this season is throwing at us. Proper storytelling, and very, very well executed. Start with Season 1 though or you might not know what the hell is happening!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

lobo

TRIBE Member
I think it's too soon for Lucille. How about some stories of them just wandering about as a group. There was one awesome comic story about them hitting a gated community and it could be told and done in one single episode.

Lobo

maphi

TRIBE Member
you think so??? omg that would be awesome! I didn't think they'd roll that out so soon....but.. that would totally be worth the lull.

stew
Too soon? I hope they wrap this shit up really soon. Literally nothing has happened this season that is even remotely interesting. I'm pretty much done unless something insightful happens. Will we ever find out *why* this all happened? Will there ever be a cure? Will there ever be anything aside from relentless wandering and super annoying zombie attacks?

On another note, it seems in the last couple of episodes, all they have to do to avoid zombies now is to hide behind a tree. I thought this show sucked in the first season. I gave it a chance and it got better, but now it's worse than ever.

zildjian

TRIBE Member
Was wondering if the 'Gingermarine' would be a problem after he was introduced to the story but they seem to have ruled him out,

instead the boffin apparently on his way to Washington might be of interest plus he seems have a vaguely comedic quality

greginhali

TRIBE Member
Will there ever be anything aside from relentless wandering and super annoying zombie attacks?
I thought this show sucked in the first season. I gave it a chance and it got better, but now it's worse than ever.
yes. agree. reluctant watcher. big critic. just get on with it will ya?