• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The Video Game News

praktik

TRIBE Member
Games making me happy right now.

Overwatch - Fuck this game was goddamn fun as shit, and absolutely kills it for my PvP needs.

Ori and the Blind Forest - 2D Sidescroller, so much fun, beautifully crafted, amazing music score, so worth it.

Dishonored - Decided to finally give this a shot, and man it does not disappoint !

Doom - might get it when its price drops on steam, friend was playing and i was spectating and it was pretty fucking awesome , made me want to jump in. I might pay full price, but ill wait till all my travelling over the next few weeks is done.
Dishonoured was just wicked game design - I ended up losing steam about 3/4 of the way through but you know, i TOTALLY respected the integrity of that game in every element!

Im a bit of a sucker for stealth games too.

Shit we get a new deus ex this year right??

praktik

TRIBE Member
Then the 3DFX came out, and blew everything out of the water.

486DX4100 AMD baby!
One of best cards I ever had was the Voodoo 5:

Its been a really great run lately for Nvidia but I count the Voodoo 5 as one of the top cards I ever owned - in the saintly company of the ATI 9800 Pro and the Nvidia GTX 580. The Voodoo 5 is what hooked me on antialiasing and running Unreal Tournament and other games at 4xAA was a treat!

These pascal cards look like the bidness

JamesM

TRIBE Member
I had the original voodoo. It was epic playing quake at the time in pure 30fps and opacity and all the neat stuff that the card could do, was a game changer for sure!

I sort of cooled off, stopped playing games but then got into nvidia after that.

I remember you had to have the pass through cable from your VGA. Geniuses.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
One of best cards I ever had was the Voodoo 5:

Its been a really great run lately for Nvidia but I count the Voodoo 5 as one of the top cards I ever owned - in the saintly company of the ATI 9800 Pro and the Nvidia GTX 580. The Voodoo 5 is what hooked me on antialiasing and running Unreal Tournament and other games at 4xAA was a treat!

These pascal cards look like the bidness
Yeah that's pretty nifty. Wasn't that the last card they brought out before they sold everything to NVIDIA.

Cool shit though we were all there to see it happen!

praktik

TRIBE Member
New Civ is out

Looks wicked

Im just not sure I can sacrifice the Fifa time, everyone seems to have adapted to the new engine faster than me. May be the first civ product I hold out a while for!

gaming life has changed

BF1 is really lots of fun. It's got more similarities to Star Wars: Battlefront in the sense that the weapon customization is pretty shallow and the same game modes (CTF, Domination/Conquest, TDM), but War Pigeon is hilariously frustrating.

I just got Titanfall 2 installed on the PS4, gonna play it in a bit.

I read somewhere that the new COD is 120 gigs! I really hope that's bullshit, or that's going to have to be one seriously packed game. Even with the remastered original COD being included. That's fucking crazy that they're 120 gigs combined.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Hearing REALLY great things about Civ 6.

But i still have no idea when I'll feel like playing it.

Buddy says its really a great revolutionary change to a system which has been kind of similar since Civ IV

JamesM

TRIBE Member
I tried it out for a few minutes the other day. looks good.

I can't really tell you much more about how it behaves yet. I sort of glossed over Civ 5.