• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The Video Game News

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
all good there may be some black friday deals on it if you are interested....also there is companion app that you can get credits in for the game if you are bored

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
I think I saw a card in my bundle that gives me 2-3 months free of Plus access. Haven't activated it yet.

You got 2k16? Amazon.ca has a black friday sale for $30 all in. Also picked up an extra controller for $40.

greginhali

TRIBE Member
Hey Pete, you might want to consider investing in a larger hard drive for your PS4 - the 500 gigs that come with it go quick, especially with some of the more popular titles.
i just got one, hesitant to pull the trigger on the digital downloads of drake uncharted and god of war....only cause of harddrive space.

Is it true the external space goes quick? between the games and saves?

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
I think I saw a card in my bundle that gives me 2-3 months free of Plus access. Haven't activated it yet.

You got 2k16? Amazon.ca has a black friday sale for $30 all in. Also picked up an extra controller for $40.
I have 2K16 it is one of my favorite games to play besides Street Fighter....I haven't even come close to using all the space on my PS4 and I have had it about for about 5-6 months

I have about 5 games loaded on my system the rest are on discs and I have loads of space left

Last edited:
i just got one, hesitant to pull the trigger on the digital downloads of drake uncharted and god of war....only cause of harddrive space.

Is it true the external space goes quick? between the games and saves?
It can go pretty quickly - some games like COD and Battlefield are like 50 gigs. Most games that I've picked up are 20 gigs on average.

The other thing is, the hard drive can be pretty slow - I got a 1TB SSD and it's now mad quick to load up games and boot up. Put on just about all the games I like on there and there's still about 350 gigs remaining.

I will likely upgrade again to a 2TB next year, if hard drive prices come down.

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
Unless you are buying all your games digitally I do not see the need for a hard drive upgrade to be honest but that is just me, I trade in games to get some value back so I do not buy many digital full games

I go with physical media - just in case.

I'm old school that way.

And I'm liking what they've done with Rainbow Six - no regenerating health, close combat with destructible environments. Some would argue it's a smaller version of Battlefield's CQC gameplay, but I dig the dynamic more.

Reading reviews of Just Cause 3 seem pretty disappointing - long load times, framerate issues and other system problems are putting a damper on what could be a fun game.

Unless they put out a really solid patch, I think I'll be skipping this one. Shame too, as Just Cause 2 was freaking hilarious and an insane amount of fun (even Just Cause was fun too).

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
I go with physical media - just in case.

I'm old school that way.

And I'm liking what they've done with Rainbow Six - no regenerating health, close combat with destructible environments. Some would argue it's a smaller version of Battlefield's CQC gameplay, but I dig the dynamic more.
too many games on the go I dropped this pre order but very interested to give it a go later if I can get it a cheaper price

My next purchases:

The Division
Street Fighter V - ordered a fight stick that should be here in a couple of weeks, ready to go when SF hits in Feb (?)
Not really much else has my attention, except maybe Broforce.

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
My next purchases:

The Division
Street Fighter V - ordered a fight stick that should be here in a couple of weeks, ready to go when SF hits in Feb (?)
Not really much else has my attention, except maybe Broforce.

what stick did you order? there was a sale on Amazon for the just released Mad Catz TE2 sticks still may be there, not sure which one you purchased but this one may be better and it ships feb...I already have a stick that I modded and still bought this lol

I'm on the fence for the Division, CAN'T WAIT FOR SFV been playing IV a lot.

no other games here either until the new year for me.

Capcom Cup was last night the last big tourney for SF IV it was incredible there is videos up on youtube if it interests anyone.

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
I pre-ordered Street Fighter V and I can't wait. A fight stick is tempting but they look pretty expensive.
they are a little expensive you are looking at spending anywhere from 180-350 +tax depending on the stick but worth it if you don't want to get bodied every time you jump online not that the stick makes you better but it makes it easier for sure

A&C Games on spadina and college may have used ones not sure but they have parts

also the last SFV Beta is out from Dec 18th - 21st so keep a look out.

if you have any fight stick questions fire away I have done a bit a research and also ripped my last one open and changed the parts

I pre-ordered Street Fighter V and I can't wait. A fight stick is tempting but they look pretty expensive.
Hori has some pretty good fight sticks that won't break the bank, but I doubt that they're anywhere as durable as the Mad Catz offerings.

The one I ordered is a small one, and only costs about $40 USD.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014KXMEW4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

here's another model:

http://www.amazon.com/HORI-Real-Arcade-Pro-PlayStation-4/dp/B00SULMRI4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449537559&sr=8-1&keywords=hori+fight+stick

Last edited:

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
Hori has some pretty good fight sticks that won't break the bank, but I doubt that they're anywhere as durable as the Mad Catz offerings.

The one I ordered is a small one, and only costs about $40 USD.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014KXMEW4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

here's another model:

Amazon.com: HORI Real Arcade Pro 4 Kai for PlayStation 3/4: Video Games
The smaller one will move around a lot on you because it is so light.

The other HORI RAP 4 I have that and it is good but I didn't like the buttons or stick on it so I swapped them all out for Sanwa parts much better feel I found, only complaint again is that it is light as a feather a moves around a bunch

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
I'll offer it here before I put it up elsewhere. I bought 2 $50 Playstation Store download codes for $80. I only need one, if anybody here wants the other one for $40 let me know. You can use the code towards anything in the store(PS Plus membership, games, movies, etc.)