1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The Video Game News

Discussion in 'Technology' started by d.code, Feb 4, 2009.

1. d.code

d.code TRIBE Member

Ok kids! I dont play as many games as I used to- but video game news is addicting. I keep on that shit like my country depended on it.

So here is a thread for all those random tidbits of collected news!

Ill start us off.

EA IS IN THE RED

Im proud of those boys. They took a failing company, jammed a good CEO in the head chair, and then WHAM- good new IP's and pretty decent games started flowing out of them.

Shitty!

Some good news from them though- DEAP SPACE is getting the Wii treatment. Along with DEAD RISING: Chop til you Drop this makes me happy as I only have a Wii and access to a PS3 at work (which ive been happy playing warhawk on for awhile now).

2. elektrofunk

elektrofunk TRIBE Member

looks like you can quash the rumours of Red Dead, being the infamous PS3 exclusive franchise rockstar is "working" on. Release date annouced for multiplatform.

EA announces Mass Effect 2 as "multiplatform" q4 2009 (crosses fingers hoping they mean PS3 in that). But if not I'll get the 360 version.

3. d.code

d.code TRIBE Member

I finally got around to playing Mass Effect on the PC and was pretty impressed with it. Game has great design and story and looks really nice.

Mass Effect 2 makes me happy.

4. Flashy_McFlash

Flashy_McFlash Well-Known TRIBEr

5. elektrofunk

elektrofunk TRIBE Member

Crytek buys Free Radical.

So there is hope of a Star Wars battlefront 3, and....a Haze 2 :rolleyes:

6. Rajio

Rajio Well-Known TRIBEr

Yesterday Ubisoft skipped right over Toronto to open up shop in vancouver :(

7. Colm

Colm TRIBE Member

Ubisofts uber-cryptic game 'I Am Alive' is delayed.

And the new Elder Scrolls is apparently set to come out in 2010 - calendar year, not fiscal. Woo!

Re: SW Battlefront 3. Free Radical only sold parts of the games - they kept the coolest new stuff like being able to land your x-wing/tie fighter in real time to swap between ground and air battles. I don't think we'll be seeing it for some time.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  8. rod_g

rod_g TRIBE Member

Rumour is Bioshock 2 release date is July 09. Hopefully it's not a stinky SQL

9. Colm

Colm TRIBE Member

betcha it is! The guys who made the first one aren't working on the second - thems who made the ps3 port are.

I like Bioshock and all, but a sequel? Where/what are they going to do with the story?

10. d.code

d.code TRIBE Member

If im not mistaking- the writers who did the first bio shock laid out a TEN game script.

The next bio shock is apparently going to be jumping around between prequal/sequal turf.

11. Flashy_McFlash

12. silver1

silver1 TRIBE Member

In other news, the Nintendo Wii still prints money

[​IMG]

13. Colm

Colm TRIBE Member

coz PT Barnum once said...

bros before hoes

14. Colm

Colm TRIBE Member

Another Burnout patch released:

I'm continually impressed by the amount of post-release care Criterion has put into Burnout Paradise. This latest update seems to pave the way for the implementation of the upcoming expansions:

15. Flashy_McFlash

Restart!!!! Finally!

And being able to actually see at night is a nice bonus, heh.

God, I love this game. It's rapidly turning into one of my all-time favourites.

16. d.code

d.code TRIBE Member

17. d.code

d.code TRIBE Member

Killzone 2 demo bitches!

1st impression: awesome.

18. Flashy_McFlash

Wasn't that Burnout update supposed to be up today? I got the Party Pack, but no sign of the free update (on PS3 anyway).

19. Colm

Colm TRIBE Member

I guess it wasn't a free update after all. tbh, I wasn't that impressed with the Party Pack. $10 for some pretty run of the mill changes is weak, even after all the free DLC they've provided. I'll pay for the new islands and cars, but not for minor changes to the way the races work.

20. Flashy_McFlash

So wait, does the party pack update include restart and the graphics/handling tweaks?

I didn't actually play Burnout this morning, only set it up to update. It was a pretty freaking small update for $10 though.

21. d.code

d.code TRIBE Member

done the killzone 2 demo a few times now. Its a pretty rad game.
    The controls are chunky but very appropriate. Aiming and such is easy- but you really feel like you are soldier strapped up with tons of gear. The graphics in this game are fucking breath taking. Possibly the best graphics I have seen in a long long time. Tis a shame i wont have access to this PS3 for much longer.

22. rod_g

rod_g TRIBE Member

I'd download the KZ2 overseas demo but I'm too lazy to create a dupe acct

23. Colm

Colm TRIBE Member

I was amazed it actually delivered. I think I was, along with lots of other people, half expecting another Haze/Lair/Too Human debacle.

24. Flashy_McFlash

Ok, I just got excited about this new Wolverine game (based on the movie)

25. Colm

Colm TRIBE Member

The violence in the upcoming Watchmen games looks as brutal as Wolverine, although with less gore.

EA refuses to clarify what Mass Effect 2's 'multi-format' release means (I think it means PC/360 or that the legal ownership of the Mass Effect license is a bit nebulous).

Burnout's getting the po'po!