1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The USA's march to war with North Korea

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by alexd, Sep 23, 2017.

1. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

okay. Just tired of everytime I log onto this board it's a giant Trump shitshow. or some seriously paranoid bull.

I'm trying to at least be real. fuck that noise.

2. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

What if Trump is failing and doing shitty, so every day it's more fail because he is actually failing?

3. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

I'm quite perplexed with trump.

Kim's going to detonate an H Bomb in the Ocean.

and we're just spectators...

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  4. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

Scary to see Trump has everything to gain. wild and you can write essays on this.

5. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

Trump is , by far, the most serious threat to this planet we live on right now. If you're tired of it, leave this board. We're all very tuned into his every step, and it's all very frightening.

6. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

It is.. But the fact you all make it apparent 24/7 isn't making it better...

serious I wake up every fucking day. CNN or who cares can't leave it alone.

7. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

you get to choose which threads you click on here. no one's making you click. do you see where i'm going with this ?

8. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

there will be NO Trump in the 80's thread....do you see where i'm going with this ?

9. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

10. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

wait we're bleeding threads. ugh. keep on nuclear warfare topic.

11. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

12. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

no sorry don't see where you're going. 80's threads and nukes?

13. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

This entire message board has become a political hotspot.

14. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

you just posted a link to Obamacare in the North Korea thread. Do i need to spell it out to you anymore ?

15. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

thanks tribe police.

16. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

stop being a dick.
    it's not a policing issue...it's a stop someone from being a dick issue.
    really...what the fuck is wrong with you ?

17. Puma

Puma TRIBE Member

NK has been threatening the world every single day for the last 50 years without fail. They have been given 50 years of leniency and diplomacy, however they will not stop getting Nukez since that is the only way they can insure their survival. Nukez and rocketry is almost 100 years old technology now and not as hard to make as it once was like everything else. Ya'll just have not payed attention till today. The only reason right now this NK thing is popular is because it can reflect negatively on the current president and it is popular now to get all afraid and paranoid and bash the prez. Other wise no one cares and NK will not do anything other then keep flapping their mouths since that is the only way they can stay in the news. I mean look at the leader of NK sometimes he can't even keep a straight face when talking crap anymore the whole ting is a comedy show. This is for their own internal propaganda since the people are starving and would revolt otherwise if their anger was not directed at a common enemy.

18. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Puma - Trump's making it a big deal his own self. His tweets, his statements, his policy course.

He's picked the course and either is lying or dumb enough to believe it will work, cause everyone else knows it means Lil Kim 'll just hold on to his shit even tighter

19. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

My expectation is his administration actually believes their comic book view of the world and that by demonstrating sufficient "strength" and "resolve", other nations will do as they say.

My vote is on incompetence. After the last 15 years of fuck ups in foreign policy why would we expect an even worse collection of idiots to do any better??

Trump doesn't really know how the world actually works, so how could he influence it to do what he wants?

20. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Here's the man himself making it worse his own self, cause he's incompetent and ill informed:

Trump, the Anti-Restraint President
    Posted on September 22, 2017, 6:03 PM Daniel Larison
    [​IMG]

Trump’s irresponsible North Korea rhetoric was reportedly something he added in on his own in defiance of the advice he received from his aides:

Senior aides to President Trump repeatedly warned him not to deliver a personal attack on North Korea’s leader at the United Nations this week, saying insulting the young despot in such a prominent venue could irreparably escalate tensions and shut off any chance for negotiations to defuse the nuclear crisis.​

Trump’s derisive description of Kim Jong Un as “Rocket Man on a suicide mission” and his threat to “totally destroy” North Korea were not in a speech draft that several senior officials reviewed and vetted Monday, the day before Trump gave his first address to the U.N. General Assembly, two U.S. officials said.​

Nothing about this is surprising, but it is worth saying a few things about it. This is hardly the first time that Trump has been specifically advised against doing something before he turns around and does it anyway, but it may be one of the more significant episodes since he took office. It is another story that confirms that when Trump is left to his own devices he consistently makes bad decisions and is incapable of controlling his impulses. That leaves us with the worst of both worlds: Trump doesn’t have the knowledge or conviction to resist genuinely bad advice, but also lacks the judgment and good sense to heed smart counsel. He can be talked into continuing and escalating the war in Afghanistan or perpetuating an atrocious policy of backing the Saudis in Yemen, but it isn’t possible to restrain him from making ill-advised threats and personal insults against other states and leaders. On the rare occasions when he doesn’t overrule his advisers and Cabinet members, he resents them for not giving him a way to get what he wants, and from then on he is even less inclined to listen to the people that advised caution. It’s not just that Trump isn’t and never was an advocate for restraint in any sense of the word, but he is the living embodiment of its opposite in both his temperament and his policy preferences. That bodes ill for the fate of U.S. commitments under the nuclear deal and for the conduct of U.S. foreign policy as a whole.

21. wickedken

wickedken TRIBE Member

That also bodes ill for any adversary and ally. I can't think of any other time when there's been such a peaceful regime change.

22. A little creepier than usual.

23. Bernnie Federko

Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

24. Bernnie Federko

25. Bernnie Federko

Kim Jong-un says he’s ready to talk more with Trump, but warns U.S. not to test North Korea

During his televised New Year’s speech, North Korean Leader Kim Jong-un said he’s ready to meet with U.S. President Donald Trump at any time to produce an outcome “welcomed by the international community.” Kim also warned Washingtonnot to test North Koreans’ patience with sanctions and pressure. He said the North will be forced to take a different path if the United States “continues to break its promises and misjudges the patience of our people by unilaterally demanding certain things and pushes ahead with sanctions and pressure.”