• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The Unofficial Rock n Roll Room

maddog

TRIBE Member
A place to discuss Classic, Newer stuff whatever.................... just no new metal bullshit:p

So I wanna know the best rock show u saw last year?

Best Rock show I saw in 2003 was Queens of The Stone Age at voodoo fest in New Orleans, it was their last date after touring for the last couple years non stop!!! They were outta their fucking minds!!!!

roojew

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Moez

TRIBE Member
Best Rock show I ever saw???

The Who

OH DEAR GOD was it ever goooood!!!!

:D

and if Metallica counts, then add them too. They were a very close second, but nobody beats Townshend. NOBODY!

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
Last rock show I saw was RATM at Maple Leaf Gardens. I got drunk, the show was pretty good, but I was in my ravey-gravey phase and wondered why all these hooligans were trying to hurt each other (moshing) in the name of musical appreciation.

The best rock show? I've seen Tool a couple of times, and they always threw down. Pantera were always awesome, and who can forget Malhavoc...

Incidentally, I listened to Tool 'Aenema' the other day and thought what a wicked album. Then I realized it came out in 1996 and I'm getting real old real fast. :eek:

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Soundstream
Nickelback really know how to rock-out.

Cheers ... Ian :)

I saw them at horseshoe on their last day before leaving for the states, and I have to admit that I liked them a lot.

maddog

TRIBE Member
I heard Jack White's finnished with the White Stripes and is moving on to play with a full band.............anyone know if this is true>?

roojew

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
GREAT idea!...I know there's lots of serious and casual rock followers in here...let's lobby for a room and not just a HUGE thread about it(hopefully the thread WILL get big so we can lobby)

best show last year for me was the YYY's at opera house simply for getting me really excited to be at a rock show!...the energy on stage was something to witnessed!:) ...everyone in the joint(including myself in a twisted sort of way) wanted to BE Karen O....just totally losing it on stage, not to mention the fact that I shared it with good people;)

LE TIGRE also was great at the pheonix even though I completely lost the peeps I came with the deafening crwod...the openers surprised me with their improvised antics:)

yeah...I love talking rock stuff..whether it velvet underground or the stills...it's all wonderful shit and it's getting better year by year(IMHO)

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
The best concert I saw this past year was NoUseForAName - more punk but loved the concert - have been waiting to see them for so long...

maddog

TRIBE Member
lol right on , why not? their is a forum for housey trancey tribal techy music they call "Progressive"

roojew

p.s Joy Divison Rule!!!!!!

bitchass

TRIBE Member
red hot chili peppers! it was easily the best large concert i've ever been to - they'd never been to calgary before so it was sold out and the crowd was REALLY into it! sure, it was kind of cheesy and a big singalong at times but it was the last date on their tour with mike watt and they did a really nice seemingly-impromptu encore that just fucking rocked

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by maddog
lol right on , why not? their is a forum for housey trancey tribal techy music they call "Progressive"

roojew

p.s Joy Divison Rule!!!!!!

rock,movies,sex...these are forums we NEED!

P.S. joy division does indeed RULE...so does new order though

what if new order never happened??...good "what the fuck if" question:D

maddog

TRIBE Member
I had to have the interpol album on vinyl it was so good!!!!

missed them live though:mad: i heard nobody in the crowd moved a muscle, im sure the band rocked though.......

Speaking of "progressive" and the rapture , The song Sister Saviour was remixed into a Proggy electro number that kills!!!!
Im pretty sure it was Tiefschwarz that remixed it

roojew

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
I had to have the interpol album on vinyl it was so good!!!!

missed them live though:mad: i heard nobody in the crowd moved a muscle, im sure the band rocked though.......

Speaking of "progressive" and the rapture , The song Sister Saviour was remixed into a Proggy electro number that kills!!!!
Im pretty sure it was Tiefschwarz that remixed it

roojew

I honestly think they didn't move a muscle because their brain so LOCKED on the music..they are THAT kind of band for me personally, can't wait for LP number 2

Caz

TRIBE Member
A place to discuss Classic, Newer stuff whatever.................... just no new metal bullshit:p

roojew

your creditbility went down the toilet with the first line

lol jokes man:p

but dissing one style and praising others is no way to start off a thread

maddog

TRIBE Member
lol myself i like all kinds from top 40 to indy whatever uknow? but from browsing around the rooms at tribe over the last couple years ive only heard nu metal bashing so i thought id make a little joke:)

roojew