• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The unofficial Mike Weir appreciation thread

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
Go Mikey Go.

You are the man! Kudos to the short left hander golfer from Bright's Grove Ontario who is kicking ass once again :D

(i hope I don't jinx him with this thread though)

kennyboy

TRIBE Member
Mike Weir is everything that a professional athlete should be.

Very humble, very appreciative of what he has, and very grounded. Lives in Utah for Christ sakes.

Having played with and against him when I was a junior golfer, I can honestly say he hasn't changed a bit. No ego on that boy. He is a class act, through and through.

kennyboy

TRIBE Member
I find it amazing that Weir worships hockey players, and they worship him. A great deal of mutual respect going on there.

I hope he smokes the field today. I for one will be watching.

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kennyboy
I find it amazing that Weir worships hockey players, and they worship him. A great deal of mutual respect going on there.
he used to be one and was just too small to go on into the advanced levels, no?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
*Update*

From the tsn website:

PACIFIC PALISADES, California - Mike Weir is 1-under through six holes in the final round of the Nissan Open with a six-stroke lead as he looks to clinch his second straight victory at the event.

Stuart Appleby, Shigeki Maruyama, and Jeff Maggert sit tied at second through six holes.

The native of Bright's Grove, Ontario, hasn't won a tournament in the United States when leading after three rounds.

It's time to leave this net cafe and go watch Weir kick some ass.

Go Mikey Go!!!

kennyboy

TRIBE Member
Hockey is, and will always be his first love. I'm sure he would trade it all to play 1 game in the NHL.

Unless you have met him, you can't believe how humble he is. The fact that he's a tiny guy probably contributes to this. I hope he continues his winning ways and puts Phil to shame, as much as I like him. There will be 1 lefty in the record books, and I hope it's Weir.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
The win was nice but while I was watching it...I got a $75 parking ticket outside of my girlfriend's house.

*whon whon*

Preroller

TRIBE Member
Weir was in Sarnia when i went to school there, playing on the Canadian tour and kicking everyones ass!

I have always liked Wiersy, he has a great demeanor. He really is a class act. I hope he can win another major this year, that would be great to see.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Preroller

TRIBE Member
BTW, he looks so small out there, esp with his big puffy pirate longsleeve undershit that he had on yesterday. is he the man in black or what?!

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
From not qualifying for the PGA tour 4 years ago (was it 3 maybe?), to where he is right now is absolutely incredible. He is definately one of the most improved players I have ever seen. Too bad he's Mormon though ;)

Also a big shot-out to Big John Daley!
This guy won the hearts of PGA fans world-wide when he won the 1991 Pga Tour Championship as a 4th alternative. I don't think there's a more likeable guy in golf! That putt he made on the 18th last night was golden!