• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The Under Rated Producer Thread

!Myagi!

TRIBE Member
that seems a little excessive...

its a pity this thread has taken a turn for the vindictive...

For the record, I think everyone does have the right to their own opinion, but if you want to count for everything, you cant ALWAYS share it in the most direct manner.

Producers are under appreciated...this isn't a vie on my part for increasing the number of pats-on-the-back we producers get or anything like that, but its true. The fact is, a DJ who doesn't produce, no matter HOW good he is, serves a different function for the music commiunity then a producer. Im not trying to draw a difference between DJs and "real musicians"....that argument is played out and i dont agree with it, but there is a distinction that needs to be made, especially because dance music culture favors the non-DJ'ing producer least in its hierarchy, a situation that, frankly, i have always found appaling.

Heres a simple fact: if you see someones name on a record and never on flyers, i guarantee that the thanks or credit they got for that track could be measured on one hand. In this industry, the musician HAS to take to the decks if she/he wants any real tangible gratification for the work they are doing, so it makes it kind of annoying when one of the non-producing (read "a non-risk, often ego boosting enterprise of sound collage") DJs has the audacity to call their tracks crap.

For all you NON producers out there - do you REALLY think you are taking a chance by buying and playing a track that hasn't been caned by every top name in the uk? Do you really think you are creating "your own sound"? If you do, wait till the next time someone refers to it as crap...at the very least you can wallow in the knowlege that none of the music is actually yours.

Give some credit to the people who take real risks (im not talking about myself here, i dj too), people who, in the face of increasing standardization of sound have decided to keep pluggin away at their own vibe (here im talking VERY specifically about simon). Even if you don't like it, give them the credit they deserve for doing something that takes balls....and bear in mind that to some producers, pig headed DJ's are just jukeboxes that talk, albiet with very little important to say sometimes.

(getting off the soapbox)

I hope i havent offended anyone who shouldnt be rightfully offended. If i did, then you have a gulity conscience already....deal with it :D

Stop Bill C-10

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
this thread is too funny.

my advice to all out there is to avoid politics and beef in our lil scene like the plague. toronto is such a coked up gossipy bitchfest already, we don't need that shit in the breaks scene.

i think that the only way to settle this once and for all is a wild weedwhacker duel at midnight in a pit of jello... if papa p wins, bobby has to listen to his demotape over and over, and if bobby wins papa p will be forced to listen to simon paul vs czech vs demon killa on 8 decks for 2 weeks straight...

gentlemen... start your weedwhackers!

!Myagi!

TRIBE Member
i agree dylan, but at the same time, if someone shoots their mouth off its sometimes worthwhile to put them in their place

Papa_P1

TRIBE Member
That doesn't sound too good to me.I suggest that the loser buys beers.
And for UB,i just stated my opinion,silence fool,fukk,i tell my best friends that same shit.(you are welcome to bash my opinions anytime,i would really appreciate you not bringing my mom into it,but you can say whatever,it IS a freee world)
I wil say,this ,though.This is the most passionate thread i have read in here in a very long time.
Life is nothing without passion.
Merry Christmas to everybody in this room,i will shut up.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Uncle Bobby

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Papa_P1
That doesn't sound too good to me.I suggest that the loser buys beers.
And for UB,i just stated my opinion,silence fool,fukk,i tell my best friends that same shit.(you are welcome to bash my opinions anytime,i would really appreciate you not bringing my mom into it,but you can say whatever,it IS a freee world)
I wil say,this ,though.This is the most passionate thread i have read in here in a very long time.
Life is nothing without passion.
Merry Christmas to everybody in this room,i will shut up.

I am not you best friend, I'm not telling you not to say certian things to me but when you're dealing with people who aren't your best friends, you should watch your mouth.
You don't like me bashing your mom? AWWWW, I'm so sorry, are you going to cry? Now I feel bad! It's not like I was saying your mom is fat, something I would have no idea about. Traditionally it is your mother or father who would teach a young child about the use of social etiquette, you must not have been paying attention, how would you like me to blame?? Society? The Breaks Community, Simon Paul.
I am not passionate about you or breaks producers, I am a champion of good and was not going to let your evil forces get away with this, In my life I reserve my passion for BB.
However, Merry Christmas.:)

UB.

!Myagi!

TRIBE Member
yes.My place is purgatory,and i will shoot off my mouth whenever i please.

at which point i will tell you you're wrong, as i please. dont worry about it though.....if thats how you feel, fine, i just feel the need to rebutt what you say. hope you understand...its nothing personal, just political

king of Funk

TRIBE Member
I love Big booties

"Ya gotta love the booty, respect the booty
Slap the booty of every big assed cutie
let see ya shake that rump like ya always knew me
and when the Jam's all done gotta come back to me"

Shout out to all big Bottom girls.

poker face

TRIBE Member
This thread is too funny...

Someone totally hypes their friend up and =everyone is killing themselves... Good ole tribe :D

Dave Dub is a super nice guy, but I do not think his production is underrated..

Personally the breaks I have been feeling these days is the stuff from the uk that Steve Lavelle, and Hybrid have been peeling out. Then again I am not a breaks expert so I am going to walk out of here silently.

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
I think it's really noteworthy that Dave Dub has nothing to do with this slander. He's a great guy with nothing but luv 4 all so it would be really sad to see his name get dragged through the mud for this.

Ace cat makin wicked tunes...

Props Dave!

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
Ooh oOh, here's an official message from Dave Dub himself:

"I just want to go on record that I think Simon Paul is one of the best Canadian breaks producers (if not the best); and as far as big-beat-ish, FUNK style breaks go, he is one of the top producer's in the WORLD...As for who is the most underated producer, that title would have to go to ILS...he's my favourite producer but I NEVER hear his shit anywhere and rarely see him charted!!! Whats up with that?!?!"

I dunno Dave... what IS up with that...

MartyMcFly

TRIBE Promoter
My favorite canadian track right now
happens to be by Dave dub
"warning..this is a warning "
its older but its the one I spin most when I travel..
Its sooOooOoO mixable.. with any style.

Let's bring back p.l.u.r. for 2003...
its not really dead its just been misplaced.

dawndalon

TRIBE Promoter
Hey,i was'nt about to go droppin' names,but since you wanna hear,here goes;
Anything by Simon Paul-this guy is just pure shit
for one! Simon has done nothing but try to produce and support everyting that the breaks crowd was back in the day! Dude, I'd Ilike to know why u dont want to produce, or are u one of those people afraid of being a person made fun of ( perhaps u have no idea what ur doing,..... and maybe that would explain why I havent seen ur name on a flyer in the past 3 years!) And now, u've screwed urself sucka!!!! Simon would never in his right mind diss someone for trying to better the breaks scene.....u obviously dont know him! Now, out of this whole post, U have done nothing but made it that much harder for "dave dub" to promote himself....as u are now a nobody!

Sincerly....Dee and Rob
ps smartin up! U would of never said something about one person that is tryin to make this country heard in the breaks scene! amen!

kelliiiii

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by DJ Madhatter

please elaborate.

trap - set and sprung. Nice to see that someone has superceded for the title of #1 shit disturber (see page 1 - papa didn't want to mention names at all)

Peace