1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The truth about alcohol, fat loss and muscle growth

Discussion in 'Health Forum' started by Bacchus, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Bacchus

Bacchus TRIBE Promoter

A great read.

I've been way too hard on myself about getting crunked with friends on weekends, and this article my Martin Berkhan (a big name nutritionist) makes me feel better about it!

The truth about alcohol, fat loss and muscle growth | Intermittent fasting for fat loss, muscle gain and health

2. Aleks

Aleks TRIBE Member

great article that dispels many myths i have heard.

thanks for posting!

3. Subsonic Chronic

Subsonic Chronic TRIBE Member

Hey guys, I figured out how you can drink your face off and not get fat: you just have to totally eliminate the grains & cereals food group! (and fruit too).

4. Bacchus

Bacchus TRIBE Promoter

don't forget dairy!

but, when you get 2-3x your daily recommended every other day - does missing a day make a huge difference?

not likely.

Not sure how well you read it - as he did say 1.5xBW in KG. That's still a decent amount of carbs . Martin Berkhan is very well respected for his knowledge. I dont think this article is as much intended to give alcoholics an excuse as much as it is to give people who train an excuse.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  5. Thunder

Thunder TRIBE Member

so guess eating a large poutine at 3 in the morning then going straight to bed after drinking beer all night is still bad right? :)

6. Bacchus

Bacchus TRIBE Promoter

yes.

that's exactly what the article is saying. What you eat AFTER drinking is much more dangerous then the drinking itself.

7. voytek

voytek TRIBE Member

this. is. awesome! i'm on it.

8. Bacchus

Bacchus TRIBE Promoter

ive been devouring those vanilla turnovers.

sooo good