• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The Tribe Photo Assignment Thread!

Spacepilot

TRIBE Member
With a seemingly growing number of photographers on the board, I think it would be tremendously fun if we had an 'old fashion weekly/bi-weekly/monthly photo assignment where we could all share our creative interpretation on a given theme/subject. It would be a place for us n00bs and "pros" alike to get some feedback and to showcase some of our work.

Any takers? Yay or Nay?

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
As long as it doesn't have to deal with Toronto buildings/places I'm up for it.

Don't think I can afford to get there every week or so just to take a picture.

:D

I like this idea.

Post-Process Photoshopping allowed?

Spacepilot

TRIBE Member
Eclectic said:
As long as it doesn't have to deal with Toronto buildings/places I'm up for it.

Don't think I can afford to get there every week or so just to take a picture.

:D

I like this idea.

Post-Process Photoshopping allowed?

I don't think we need to be geo-specific with our themes. Also, I'd be into post processing, but perhaps we should take a vote..

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
A friend of mine at NOW does this on Flickr and it seems to have a great response.

If its a monthly project, I'd be in. Most folks aren't photographers professionally so they might not have the time to run out every week or two weeks. Post processing is an area I'm lacking in but am willing to learn and get tips, so yay.

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Aerius Zension said:
If its a monthly project, I'd be in. Most folks aren't photographers professionally so they might not have the time to run out every week or two weeks. Post processing is an area I'm lacking in but am willing to learn and get tips, so yay.

Monthly seems a bit too long though.

Weekly would be good.

Gives everyone Saturday/Sunday to go out and get everything done though.

:)

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
I'm in.

I think post-processing is a must. In my opinion any way you want to interpret the concept is good, no reason to stifle the creative process. Some people are much better at the photography part, others the chopping, but in the end the image is all that matters.

my vote is for monthly....so you have time to think about it and produce it, I don't have tons of time to devote to it, but a month is plenty of time for lots of people to participate and showcase the work.

lots of design sites do this concept by simply providing a word, and people interpret that word however they like.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
TaCk OnE? said:
lots of design sites do this concept by simply providing a word, and people interpret that word however they like.

That's a cool idea...A word or phrase, like explodingdog but with photos.

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
sounds like a good idea since everyone with a camera thinks they're a pro photographer these days.

thom100

TRIBE Member
acheron said:
given that there are plenty of pros out there who act and shoot like amateurs...

84794196_1ffc979d41.jpg

dey toook our jabbbs!

FC St. Pauli

TRIBE Member
A Cheating Wife

Do the "staged photos with creepy plot" thing like this Russian online group.

“A Cheating Wife: You need to make a photo of a man, “a lover”, hanging outside the real window. The window should be not lower than a 3rd store of a multi-stored building. “A husband” should lean out from another window with a gun, aiming at “the lover”. From yet another window “the cheating wife” should look out in despair.”

http://englishrussia.com/?p=1691