• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

the toothpaste n3rd |or| metrosexual thread

adorablehomeboy

TRIBE Promoter
I did a search for toothpaste. meh.

What do you brush your teeth with?

I'm looking at Colgate Total, and Crest Complete.

Colgate Total lists:

Sodium Flouride 0.243 % w/w
Triclosan 0.3% w/w

Crest Complete lists:

Sodium Flouride 0.243 % w/w
tetrasodium pyrophosphate 2.16% w/w
tetrapotassium pyrophosphate 4.42% w/w
sodium acid pyrophosphate 1.65% w/w

______

I would assume that Crest is not all together purposely trying to make themselves look better by having more listed cleaning agents, but have to report them by law, (like an MSDS type thing)

And Colgate and Crest might both have proprietary ingredients they both don't have to list.

So, since I'm not a chemi, or a dental assistant, (or a homo :) I saw the last metro thread) can someone tell me which one is better, or is there something else over the counter that is? (Not $13/tube either)

:D:D:D:D:D
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

patri©k

TRIBE Member
i usually mix fresh corn with cat turd.

chew it up real good for 10 minutes...


swish


repeat




fresh breath all day long.
 

lucky1

TRIBE Member
*runs to check*


I use crest with the scope in it (the green flavour) I tried it when It first came out and have been buying the same stuff ever since.
 

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
i love that arm and hammer shit, but i get NOTHING BUT COMPLAINTS from the other member of my household when i buy it, so i buy colgate total.
 

Phat Buddha

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by janiecakes
i love that arm and hammer shit, but i get NOTHING BUT COMPLAINTS from the other member of my household when i buy it, so i buy colgate total.
me too..... but it leaves my mouth feeling so freakin clean.... so i buy it anyways..... i figure...it's my mouth....so i'll use what i want :D
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

kat

TRIBE Member
i think we buy colgate..because its the cheapest

toothpaste doesnt really do all that much to clean your teeth; although there are some added benefits to the whitening/tartar/minty breath/blabla

its the actual motion of brushing that does the job. the toothpaste just makes it easier and "more enjoyable".
its main purpose is to encourage you to brush longer.
 

labRat

TRIBE Member
just brush at least twice a day and you'll be fine no matter what toothpaste you use.

i've noticed that not a lot of people brush before going to bed, and i think that's where the problems can occur.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

man_slut

TRIBE Member
mmmmmmmmmmm flouride...

"Some fifty years after the United States began adding fluoride to public water supplies to reduce cavities in children’s teeth, declassified government documents are shedding new light on the roots of that still controversial public health measure, revealing a surprising connection between fluoride and the dawning of the nuclear age.

Today, two thirds of U.S. public drinking water is fluoridated. Many municipalities still resist the practice, disbelieving the government’s assurances of safety .

Since the days of World War II, when this nation prevailed by building the world’s first

atomic bomb, U.S. public health leaders have maintained that low doses of fluoride are safe for people, and good for children’s teeth.

That safety verdict should now be re-examined in the light of hundreds of once-secret

World War II documents obtained by Griffiths and Bryson—including declassified papers of the Manhattan Project, the U.S. military group that built the atomic bomb.

Fluoride was the key chemical in atomic bomb production, according to the documents.

Massive quantities of fluoride—millions of tons—were essential for the manufacture of

bomb-grade uranium and plutonium for nuclear weapons throughout the Cold War. One of the most toxic chemicals known, fluoride rapidly emerged as the leading chemical health hazard of the U.S. atomic bomb program—both for workers and for nearby communities, the documents reveal.

Other revelations include:

Much of the original proof that fluoride is safe for humans in low doses was generated by A-bomb program scientists, who had been secretly ordered to provide "evidence useful in litigation" against defense contractors for fluoride injury to citizens. The first lawsuits against the U.S. A-bomb program were not over radiation, but over fluoride damage, the documents show.

Human studies were required. Bomb program researchers played a leading role in the design and implementation of the most extensive U.S. study of the health effects of fluoridating public drinking water—conducted in Newburgh, New York from 1945 to 1956. Then, in a classified operation code-named "Program F," they secretly gathered and analysed blood and tissue samples from Newburgh citizens, with the cooperation of State Health Department personnel.

The original secret version—obtained by these reporters—of a 1948 study published by Program F scientists in the Journal of the American Dental Association shows that evidence of adverse health effects from fluoride was censored by the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission (AEC) -- considered the most powerful of Cold War agencies—for reasons of national security.

The bomb program’s fluoride safety studies were conducted at the University of

Rochester, site of one of the most notorious human radiation experiments of the Cold War, in which unsuspecting hospital patients were injected with toxic doses of radioactive plutonium.

The fluoride studies were conducted with the same ethical mind-set, in which "national security" was paramount. "

http://www.apfn.org/apfn/flouride.htm
 

AshG

Member
Originally posted by man_slut
mmmmmmmmmmm flouride...

"Some fifty years after the United States began adding fluoride to public water supplies to reduce cavities in children’s teeth, declassified government documents are shedding new light on the roots of that still controversial public health measure, revealing a surprising connection between fluoride and the dawning of the nuclear age.

Today, two thirds of U.S. public drinking water is fluoridated. Many municipalities still resist the practice, disbelieving the government’s assurances of safety .

Since the days of World War II, when this nation prevailed by building the world’s first

atomic bomb, U.S. public health leaders have maintained that low doses of fluoride are safe for people, and good for children’s teeth.

That safety verdict should now be re-examined in the light of hundreds of once-secret

World War II documents obtained by Griffiths and Bryson—including declassified papers of the Manhattan Project, the U.S. military group that built the atomic bomb.

Fluoride was the key chemical in atomic bomb production, according to the documents.

Massive quantities of fluoride—millions of tons—were essential for the manufacture of

bomb-grade uranium and plutonium for nuclear weapons throughout the Cold War. One of the most toxic chemicals known, fluoride rapidly emerged as the leading chemical health hazard of the U.S. atomic bomb program—both for workers and for nearby communities, the documents reveal.

Other revelations include:

Much of the original proof that fluoride is safe for humans in low doses was generated by A-bomb program scientists, who had been secretly ordered to provide "evidence useful in litigation" against defense contractors for fluoride injury to citizens. The first lawsuits against the U.S. A-bomb program were not over radiation, but over fluoride damage, the documents show.

Human studies were required. Bomb program researchers played a leading role in the design and implementation of the most extensive U.S. study of the health effects of fluoridating public drinking water—conducted in Newburgh, New York from 1945 to 1956. Then, in a classified operation code-named "Program F," they secretly gathered and analysed blood and tissue samples from Newburgh citizens, with the cooperation of State Health Department personnel.

The original secret version—obtained by these reporters—of a 1948 study published by Program F scientists in the Journal of the American Dental Association shows that evidence of adverse health effects from fluoride was censored by the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission (AEC) -- considered the most powerful of Cold War agencies—for reasons of national security.

The bomb program’s fluoride safety studies were conducted at the University of

Rochester, site of one of the most notorious human radiation experiments of the Cold War, in which unsuspecting hospital patients were injected with toxic doses of radioactive plutonium.

The fluoride studies were conducted with the same ethical mind-set, in which "national security" was paramount. "

http://www.apfn.org/apfn/flouride.htm
then again, just look at the british.
ugh!


i kinda like colgate, but man does there cap system suck ass.
no matter how careful i am, there's always some toothpaste that gets mucked up in the cap and i can't close it properly. so then more get gunked up, and soon my bathroom becomes a gunked up wasteland of discarded toothpaste remains.

unlike crest, which has the screw-on cap, thus preventing the gunkerage from rearing its ugly head.
 

man_slut

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by AshG
then again, just look at the british.
ugh!
LOL! I see were you're coming from. There are safe and proven alternatives to flouride. The British use to have poor teeth due to a poor dental system in combination with the lack of flouride in thier water. But that is a harsh stereotype reserved for country folk brits. You will see the same kind of tooth decay amongst Canadian/ American country folk as well.

Silica and Baking Soda are great alternatives to flouride.
MUCH SAFER.
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

AshG

Member
Originally posted by man_slut
LOL! I see were you're coming from. There are safe and proven alternatives to flouride. The British use to have poor teeth due to a poor dental system in combination with the lack of flouride in thier water. But that is a harsh stereotype reserved for country folk brits. You will see the same kind of tooth decay amongst Canadian/ American country folk as well.

Silica and Baking Soda are great alternatives to flouride.
MUCH SAFER.
yes, yes.

but what about the gunkerage?!!
 
Top