• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The Tank Man: Tiananman Square Doc.

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
it really doesn't get much more powerful than this:

but who was the tank man? what was it all about? what has happened since then?

check out this wicked bbc doc to learn more. i know i JUUUST posted a doc, but this one is totally worth posting as well. it really is a powerful piece, and it is very well produced/researched. check it out here:

http://conspiracycentral.net:6969/torrents/fd8855b7bdf643bb936d4516af3f04614b998b53.torrent

In the aftermath of the brutal Tiananmen Square massacre in 1989, newspapers and TV programmes around the world displayed the image of this lone figure in a white shirt, carrying nothing more dangerous than his shopping bags, holding up a column of Chinese tanks. But no one's really sure who he is. Indeed, Time Magazine also had to call him "the unknown rebel".

This fascinating programme explains the events leading up to the Tank Man's solitary protest, presents the terrible reality of the massacre at Tiananmen square, and explores the Tank Man's continuing influence and significance, and the ongoing mystery about who he actually was.

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
I think your conspiracies are a conspiracy to overshadow other lesser conspiracies you might be orchestrating.

Whoa... my consciousness just imploded

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
it's a BBC doc.

get over it.

that was the best torrent i could find. the rip is clean as a whistle and there are tons of seeders.

Last edited:

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
seventeen years after the Tiananmen Square protests and subsequent massacre, the bus in
that photo was lovingly restored and is now serving duty for state executions.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
AdRiaN said:
You should have probably posted the following link instead. :p

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/tankman/view/
yea, but then you can't download it at high quality and watch at your leisure/share with friends.

i stand by my posting.

those who think this is an opportunity to big themselves up by making light of the situation and cracking witty pop culture message board jokes are not the people i was trying to reach with my post.

...people take being made fun of on tribe so seriously. not me. i honestly don't give a fuck what the conformotrons think and post because i know it reaches large numbers of people. i get PMs all the time thanking me for my docs, but it's never people who post in the threads. anyone who thinks tank girl < tank man is clearly an idiot so why would i care?

Last edited:

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
wow guy you sound miserable and defensive today. maybe you're the one who needs to get over something?

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
my last post should read anyone who thinks "tank girl >tank man" whoops ;)

Thumpr said:
wow guy you sound miserable and defensive today. maybe you're the one who needs to get over something?
actually i'm not. people have decided that they know who i am, what i feel, and what i care about LOOONG ago and will adjust their perceptions accordingly. anyone who knows me personally will know that i am actually a very lighthearted person, and that i am always happy about something. i retort in these threads because i enjoy causing shit on the internet in my spare time, and because i simply cannot believe the ignorance/disrespect of most comfortable first-worlders. what i don't do is let it get to me.

nothing anyone in this thread can ever say/do will ever measure up to tank man. he is untouchable.

:D

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
Resolver said:
Great Video Footage! I didn't know that the civilian climbed the tank and started shouting and banging at the tank driver!

"Power to the people
Power to the people right on."
--JL--
see, there we go.

it's already worth my time.

<3

dylan

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Thanks for the heads up. Though I had to go to torrentspy for the link as the one you posted seems to require registration.

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
phat cuntdoctor may be chalked full of conspiracy theories but he's solid cat.. even if he is also a vegetarian :p

by the way dylan.. robb played me the track you guys made.. dope! :eek:

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
hee hee, thanks ev. yea i can't wait til that one comes out. it's my favourite of my recent breaks tunes. lots more in the pipes though, just gotta play the waiting game is all... *cue jeopardy music

OTIS said:
Thanks for the heads up. Though I had to go to torrentspy for the link as the one you posted seems to require registration.
sorry mate!

here's another torrent: http://isohunt.com/dl.php?id=10663694

wuha

JAR

TRIBE Member
I love the fact that I'm viewing this thread in an office less than 10km from Tian'anmen Square! Unfortunately I'll have to wait til I get my computer fixed before I can d/l this.

nice post!