• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

the talking heads talk: the debate thread

Gunark

TRIBE Member
On another note, Layton, in my eyes, has been a terrible disappointment.

He can't seem to understand that Canadians already hate the Liberals. There's no need to constantly trash them. What Canadians want is a viable alternative, and this election was the NDP's opportunity--and probably the only opportunity they will get to for a long, long time--to show that they are that alternative. Instead Layton took on a weirdly aloof tone, and used the majority of his time to tell Canadians what a terrible party the Liberals are. Good job Jack! Oh you're so Trudeauesque! :rolleyes:

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
how can paul martin say he is against prvate health care when he himself goes to a private clinic and so do many of his party members??

mikeinflames

TRIBE Member
Layton is the only one who's not doing any mudslinging
he's sticking to his guns and explaining his parties platform and doing a great job
he's also the most well spoken of the 4

i hate how Harper sits there and goes on and on about how the Liberals are trying to soil the Conservatives name when in fact Harper is always the first one to accuse other parties (namely the Liberals) and try to discredit another parties name
on top of that Harper just flat out described a two tier health care system
he also admitted the Conservatives have recieved campaign money from Conrad Black
how the hell could anyone even consider to vote for these guys

Martin is just a lost cause
he shouldn't even be there
the only thing he's offering is the same old Liberal government that we've had for the past 4 years

and the Bloc shouldn't be there
Green Party have more representatives than the Bloc in more ridings
if the Green Party isn't there then the Bloc shouldn't be either

~atp~

TRIBE Member
Really? Layton is just parroting and constantly attacking the Liberals. It's really fucking boring.

This debate is stupid. Just like any debate in politics.

Harper: "he attacked my patriotism"...WTF WTF WTF.

Vincent Vega

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by basketballjones
how can paul martin say he is against prvate health care when he himself goes to a private clinic and so do many of his party members??
Which private clinic does he go to? What about his party members? Which party members?

And for what sorts of medical treatment?

mikeinflames

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ~atp~
Really? Layton is just parroting and constantly attacking the Liberals. It's really fucking boring.

This debate is stupid. Just like any debate in politics.

Harper: "he attacked my patriotism"...WTF WTF WTF.
he isn't so much attacking them as he is simply showing by example how the Liberals have fucked up

Harper is flat out attacking the Liberals and you can tell from how Martin has responded to it ("no intellectual debate")

~atp~

TRIBE Member
Layton: "Well, it's election time again, so the Liberals have to start talking about social services again..." hahaha, this is such high-quality entertainment. It's like Jerry Springer without the tits.

~atp~

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mikeinflames
he isn't so much attacking them as he is simply showing by example how the Liberals have fucked up

No he isn't. He's just making blanket statements about the Liberals and all the bad things they've done to our country. It's hilarious. All of these guys are jokers.

Lurker

TRIBE Member
Duceppe's emPHAsis is pretty funny.

They're all twats.

My g/f and I are drinking a shot (of white wine...we suck :p) whenever these assholes say "Quebec" "defecit" "scandal" and "culture of entitlement".

We can't really keep up with Duceppe, but it is making things a bit more interesting.

I'm kinda liking Duceppe, mostly because he's seemed to steer away from as much of the personal attack shit that the other assholes have been involved in.

Harper always busts out that used car salesman smile when he's about to pitch his point. makes me want to punch my TV.

Layton is speaking like Bush Jr. in 3 word sentence fragments. Give you viewers some fucking credit! They can listed to a full fucking sentence you twat!

Martin is getting too huffy and talking too much with his hands.

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
on top of that Harper just flat out described a two tier health care system
he also admitted the Conservatives have recieved campaign money from Conrad Black
Which debate are you watching?

Harper said he supports the Canada Health Act and the universal public health care system in Canada.

He also said he did not receive contributions from Conrad Black.

Smiley Jo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Lurker
Give you viewers some fucking credit! They can listed to a full fucking sentence you twat!
Drunkard! LOL

Well I've learned one thing so far... the word of the day is "Quebecer".

SJ

Lurker

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Smiley Jo
Drunkard! LOL

Well I've learned one thing so far... the word of the day is "Quebecer".

SJ
lol

yeah, but it's a fun game. Although, 1 bottle of wine was gone in about 45 mins of debate which is plenty for a work night.

Is it spelled QuebecKer like it sounds? Or Quebecer? Quebec'er?

mikeinflames

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by AdRiaN
Which debate are you watching?

Harper said he supports the Canada Health Act and the universal public health care system in Canada.

He also said he did not receive contributions from Conrad Black.
about an hour ago Harper admitted that he had recieved contributions from Conrad Black

and the Conservatives are all about a two tier healthcare system
about an a half hour ago Harper went into it
read the parties platform as well
they want healthcare for those who can afford it

randyval

TRIBE Member
harper looks like he has a stick up his ass, he's nervous and babbles a lot.
so far he has not spoken coherently or even answered a question properly.

Hypnotoad

TRIBE Member
No matter how lame this debate is, it's still sooooo much better than the presidential debates have been in ages.

I almost thought Martin was going to deck Duceppe when Duceppe said Quebecers were different from other Canadians.

gasper

TRIBE Member
about an hour ago Harper admitted that he had recieved contributions from Conrad Black
ummmm, on my TV he clearly stated that he did NOT

mikeinflames

TRIBE Member
Martin is really starting to get pissed that the other leaders are sidestepping the issues to take shots at the Liberal party

i'd love to see him just go
"Fuck this I'm out!"
and walk away

gasper

TRIBE Member
Best line so far....

When Duccepe described Martin as a NDP'er during campaigning and a PC'er in practice.