• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

the struggle to study !!!

j bunny 2000

TRIBE Member
I have a huge exam tomorrow morning and can't seem to study!! I thought weldon library would help me focus on my pre exam jitters.
This is what i have accomplished so far:

- come to library find empty desk in periodicals
- get water
- study for 10-20 mins.. get up and look for friend
- check email
- try to study for another 10 mins
- get more water and check out tribe
- try to study for 10 mins
- check out concrete beach for some fresh air and socializing
- get more water and check email
- eat some sour skittles and try to study
- post this thread

i got to get out of here!!! the library is way too distracting ...any other uwo kids who have this problem??

Locke

TRIBE Member
First problem is you are trying to get studying done in the periodicals of weldon... that place is loud and full of pretty people who want to combine studying with being seen. Go to the 4th floor and find a nice cubicle. Also the taylor library (health sci.) is quiet cause of all the science geeks, they don't put up with any chitter chatter. Finding an empty rm in the SSB works well too.

It'll be over soon, until then you have to force yourself to do it.

my last year I barely studied at all for my last exam, any exam past 420 really didn't do well, exept once when I had a wicked day of clarity on 421, but I think that was a freak chance thing (or good bud).

Good luck and stick with it

L

teknikal

TRIBE Member
i'm at weldon now.. and yeah, i do have a problem with procrastinating! when i first got to school, i went over to the spoke for some food, and ended up watching the soccer game for like an hour. (note: i'm not even a soccer fan)

then i finally got myself up and came here, and what am i doing? surfing tribe. well, i am doing something that is somewhat productive; i'm on icq lite getting my friend to come here so i can photocopy two months worth of stats notes ;)

as for Taylor, it's pretty much the same! Those science geeks all chatter away, at least on the main floor at those round tables in the middle.

Wunderbar

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by j bunny 2000
I have a huge exam tomorrow morning and can't seem to study!! I thought weldon library would help me focus on my pre exam jitters.
This is what i have accomplished so far:

- come to library find empty desk in periodicals
- get water
- study for 10-20 mins.. get up and look for friend
- check email
- try to study for another 10 mins
- get more water and check out tribe
- try to study for 10 mins
- check out concrete beach for some fresh air and socializing
- get more water and check email
- eat some sour skittles and try to study
- post this thread

i got to get out of here!!! the library is way too distracting ...any other uwo kids who have this problem??

I feel your pain. I just finished 5 consecutive exams all worth 100% all on the entire year and largely determinative of the type of summer job offers I will have next year.

But it's all worth it when you start pounding the pints in celebration of being finished!!!!

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
Oh how I miss London. I used to go to the spoke to study. Beer, That NTN game thing, Pool Tables. Ahhhh the memories. And even though you dont really study, you can justify cause you are playing an eduacational game of NTN, that very often has questions pertaining to the subject you are studying.
Yeah I flunked out!:(

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

nusty

TRIBE Member
just study.

you'll find once you start, it gets you into a groove of it and it easier to resume / continue studying.

Dave<--- was procrastinating badly until about a day ago.

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
Jess it's all about the 9th floor of social science. Right by the elevators there's great couches and a sweet view.

Not to mention it's dead silent.

kprior

TRIBE Member
hey jess... this is colm, not kyle. I find whenever I study in a public place, I become more interested in whatever else is going on then my schoolie stuff. Ive just given up completely on studying. Its all about the 3 hour before stressout, cram.

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Spinsah
Jess it's all about the 9th floor of social science. Right by the elevators there's great couches and a sweet view.

Not to mention it's dead silent.
9th floor? There are 9 floors at the social sci? I don't know anything about the campus. haha

Pete

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

Skipper

TRIBE Member
FYI, the Ivey building is completely dead. Everyone was done on the 19th....the building is open (til late, then they lock it and you need an access card to get in) but everyone is GONE.

The place is like a tomb.....oh wait, it really is a tomb. *grumble*