• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The Strain TV show

alexd

Administrator
Staff member

I started watching this a few days ago reluctantly - I am not really a big fan of the horror / vampire genre - but about 3 episodes in, I was starting to like it. While it has a lot of cheezy 'going down into dark basements with a flashlight' moments, much of it seems to be shot in Toronto, and I always find it nice to see our city on TV shows, even if it is re-labelled New York City. I seem to know a lot of people in it as well! I recognize lots of the extras: I have already seen my neighbor Josh on Greenwood being killed by one of those neck sucking tongue snake things, and a woman I once dated is in the supporting cast LOL!

They even have Nazis! Covering all the bases.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
a good friend is involved and Guilermo del toro is behind it.
it's entirely shot in Toronto and it's a guilty pleasure of mind

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

praktik

TRIBE Member
Just started too!

About 5 eps in. The 3+gig 1080p files I got are just gorgeous, the palette pops nicely with a lot of inky blacks letting vibrant colours pop. Seems there's a lot of cool blue lights in maintenance hallways and rooms though..;)

Haha i love it though... Good colour language for the show certainly.

Im in for the ride and highly entertained. Crazy to see our protagonist with hair in this role!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders