• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The 'Staying in and Hiding from the Cold on Saturday Night' Thread

Temper Tantrum

TRIBE Member
junglegirl said:
allieeeeeeee its cold but thats the fun of winter dear :p
We have very different ideas of fun ;)

(the cold is only acceptable if i'm out doing fun winter-y things like snowshoeing or skiing)

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

grumblegirl

TRIBE Member
I *wish* I could stay in tonight - I'm pooped from shopping all day with my dear m0ff. :)

But alas, I must attend a b-day party. Should be pretty chill and fun, but I still would rather just take a bath and go to bed. :eek:

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
I hate the cold but it's a friend's bday tonight and a whole group of us are going over to his place to watch "Deep Water" on a massive sceen (bunch of pathetic sailors dreaming of one day sailing around the world solo. lol). There will be copious amount of food and drink :p . So, if I must brave the cold, I will (sigh).

emigre

TRIBE Member
I live in an ex-warehouse with drafty single-pane windows, so I sacrificed warmth for an awesome space back when I signed this lease in the spring. I stand by my decision!

peko

TRIBE Member
MissBlu said:
oh em gee.
that is not cold, sorry folks!

i was expecting at least -14.
global announced 'a cold alert' and they're trying to bring in all the homeless people to shelters from the cold - Winnipeg is -22C with a windchill of -34, so we're not as chilly, but the temperature is going to drop tonight (with a crazy windchill).

peko

TRIBE Member
tonight: -20 (might feel colder then that) with windchill - city weather girl is on now - flurries tomorrow (trace amounts).

grumblegirl

TRIBE Member
emigre said:
I'm absolutely frigid right now, so please remind me why I'm planning a trip to Ottawa again? :p
1. Cuz you're jonesing for a taste of the awesomeness that is me.
2. Cuz Ottawa is only 4 degrees colder than Toronto most of the time, and yet the people here have no problem dressing for the cold and looking decidedly uncool, making the cold much less awful, really.
3. Beavertails.
4. Cuz my apartment is NOT a loft, and is toasty warm.

And finally,

5. Cuz you're a dumbass and you never plan a trip here in the summer or fall. :D

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
peko said:
global announced 'a cold alert' and they're trying to bring in all the homeless people to shelters from the cold - Winnipeg is -22C with a windchill of -34, so we're not as chilly, but the temperature is going to drop tonight (with a crazy windchill).
this is why i scoff at everyone here who is all "boo hoo it's too cold tonight". i lived through that for 8 years! :p

unless you need to plug your car into a block heater, it's not too cold. ;)

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
junglegirl said:
i know! well maybe with the wind chill its colder
it's -10 out

the high is -4 :p

It's freaking cold out! it's the wind!
i have my arm warmers on bc im wearing a tshirt out
and leggings..

Im going for some cuban food then a club..so yeah im not staying in
although I wish i was..my nights been planned for a few weeks now.