• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The soup that cured at Harvest Festival 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangiers

TRIBE Member
simply awesome.

more later.

need sleep.

ps. if it wasnt for the free soup I would be in an ambulance right now.

pps. cant wait for the canoe trip.

cheers

deimos

TRIBE Member
Great party, fun times. Seemed fewer ppl than last year but that could have been the layout. The psy trance tent rocked!

I am currently emptying my brain cavity with the use of a melonballer...

The drinking restrictions were no big deal, and I saw no RIDE program. Lots of fun, looking forward to '07!

krosum

TRIBE Member
kaniz said:
I arrived.
I left.

Inbetween was a blur.

Is this typical for a harvesters 1st time? :)
very much so... yes :)

the main reason i had to stay behind this year is because i knew that i wouldn't have time to recover

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

DoubleDown

TRIBE Member
Point form as it comes to me.

Techno Tent Made Of Hay > Techno In The Dusty Barn

Guthrie lit it up and dropped some sickness. Seriously dirty tech. And the sound in the Tent was killer.

They had lasers when they lit the fire..... frekin lasers!

Mat Lunnen is currently functioning on 1 testicle.

The Pyrimid was full of robots.

kyfe 0 - Plank of Wood 1

Allison bought a new hat! (and is a big cuddle puddle)

I wiped out on a 2 foot tall tent... 2 feet tall! I mean wtf is that.... how could I have possibly seen it? It was Papa Smurf's tent!

Agent Smith will shit on your doorstep when asked.

well that just about sums it up!

I had a fucking blast (probably my best time at harvest yet... 3rd time was a charm!).... now I'm going to sleep.... at last..... umph!

Last edited:

zoo

TRIBE Member
I had a great time overall, met lots of tribers I hadn't met before, wandered alot (like everyone else) stumbling into whoever, basically the usual outdoor party thing. The circus was interesting too, but I'm not sure if I'd pay to go see their show.

The soup was thick but good, the corn was lukewarm but still good; the bathroom situation was great and I enjoyed the fact that it didn't smell; I liked the handwash stations (when they worked); the fireworks were great; the fire was awesome; the night got very cold; the cold didn't last all night.

I did feel the lack of public boozing affected the party for the worse actually. I never though I'd miss the general over-use of alcohol over drugs, but yeah, I did miss it. Most people that really wanted to drink did, but it was still different. I guess Jake was right in his posts a few days ago. I've never been to a party (including past Harvests, OM, whatever etc) where my group has been asked by so many strangers what type of drugs we're on, and why we were even at the Harvest Festival if we weren't going to go balls-out with substances. It sort of left me feeling like I was out of place even.

The music was good. In the tent Ian played beautifully to the crowd with dancefloor rockers, Mike Gibbs played a fun prime time tech/house set (a little overkill on the EQ), and Adam Marshall layed down some of my favourite types of non-minimal avant-tech primetime type stuff. I barely experienced any of Noah's set but I heard it went over well, and from what little I saw of Eric Downer it seemed he was just as into it as the packed dancefloor.

The Pyramid had some great moments as well, from Rollin' Cash's bass heavy dub/hop set to the serene sounds of Yoshie & Chi (and whoever was singing on vocals shortly after the Didgeridoo, which may have also been the same Yoshi & Chi set). The late night downtempo was fun to relax to, but the comatosed cuddle puddle it became around sunrise was a bit too much to handle.

The Psytrance stage was always busy, but that's no surprise. What I found interesting was that most of the In:Tent/Om/Re:Union attendees that I recognized (not the organizers) were hanging around the Psytrance tent, or outside the Pyramid, and almost never the Techno stage. Just an observation!

My favourite moment of the night was at 6am, hearing Boards of Canada's "Dayvan Cowboy" (with full length intro), staring at the dwindling coals of what was left of the fire, turning around to see a friend has just walked up, and getting a call from my girlfriend who was on her way from our tent after having just woken up from a nap. It's hard to beat that.

Thanks to everyone I hung out with at various points in the night --- you guys really made the night for me. This second Harvest Festival in four years was probably also my last, but who knows.

Pics coming later.

green_souljah

TRIBE Member
Had a great time this year, being my first Harvest at that location. I thought the party was very smoothly organized, right from the entrance onwards.

It wasn't like the "Hellllllllllllllllo" drunk shenanigens harvest festivals in Bond Head that I remember, I think the lack of booze was noticeable. Even still I had no problem getting completely blasted out of my head with Vodka and Bull du Red, causing me to have an argument with my chair earlier than I hoped which inevitablly led to bed.

Psy trance was pumping, as always, I swear you just lose yourself in that music, which is what this old fart needed. I gave the house stage a chance a few times and everytime it was vocal stuff which just doesn't do it for me.

Dome was cool. Didn't find the corn or soup unfortunately. No little thugs to be seen. Port a potties were in beautiful shape, no garbage left around. Decor was wicked, especially loved the Pink Floyd-the division bell theme, that was sweet as hell.

Some very talented people selling stuff there. The guy with the spray can art was friggin wicked, and the couple selling the psychedelic paintings just before the camping area (Marnie if I remember correctly...) were also very talented. The spray can pic is going to be framed and put up in the hallway of our house, and the painting in the bedroom. Very cool stuff, and neat that I can tell the story behind it to anyone who enquires.

I also did something I have never done before in my 8+ years of going to outdoor events. I woke up this morning, sat around my tent while the rest of my crew was still out, and just relaxed. Zero sketch factor. Usually (WEMF in particular) I don't even want to see the land of sketched out zombies that come out when the sun comes up,I just pack my tent up and get the hell out of there.

The only thing I didn't like was the lack of the open wandering beer, as harvest was always the closest thing to an alcohol fuelled EDM event.

Great times, back in 07 for sure.

zoo

TRIBE Member
Yeah, I saw the sketch out in full force. It wasn't as bad as it could've been, but it was undeniably there :p

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
oh my.
i sat back and giggled - we were just ridiculous! WEEEEEEE!
LOVE IT!

had fun... BUt... i needed house, i wanted a floor i could dance on... baby girl just isn't fit to get quite THAT dirty -- shrooms open your eyes and i could've gone without seeing the shit and puke in the portajohns. mmm!MM!

certain bleeps and bloops made me smile. the drummers during the fire lighting were amazing. i caught on video when Scott seared himself with the fireworks - rock ON. no seating around the fire made me sad - it was fucking cold. i don't like being cold.

grump.
i need a good night's sleep - better and happier review later (LilMissSunshine gave me yummy pasta salad and Mrs. Pink is entertainment for hours, especially when he just kind of sits there. I have the image of Agent Smith with 4 Hubba Bubba's in his mouth seared into my brain. Tobywan is the king of cool. But not as cool as Hali. I was happy to see Hali.)

A huge chunk of my crew was MIA - not the same. Better review later.
GREAT decor this year. Mega-props.

sugar

TRIBE Member
I am sunburnt and tired, but content. I don't think this gal can handle another Harvest, so it was nice to have this one be such a great ending to what I always refer to as 'the best party of the year'. Will attempt to post a full review tomorrow. In the meantime, if anyone posts pics of me that were taken after 11pm, they will face a penalty of death.

DoubleDown

TRIBE Member
sugar said:
In the meantime, if anyone posts pics of me that were taken after 11pm, they will face a penalty of death.
I will tempt that fate with the pictures that were taken on the air mattress in the back of my car

Tarte

TRIBE Member
Harvest disappoints this year

Although we were once again impressed with the smooth operation and beautiful venue, we were all undeniably disappointed by a couple of things.

As veterans of many Harvest Festivals this year's proved a wee bit disjointed in that the music lacked overall cohesion. To begin with, the Tech tent - always something we look forward to with great antipation, aside from Tim Patrick the rest of the night was full of music that just didn't seem to take us anywhere, anytime soon. Over and over again, we journey'd back and forth hoping for those wicked consistant beats only to leave in frustration time and time again.

We beg of you - put some seating inside the dance tents! Often, people just want to sit and absorb the ambiance however, having to leave the tents to grab a seat left us cold, damp and chilled - a definate downside to any 'trip'.

The psy-trance tent lacked any excitement as well (except for the BLA dj's set in the morning) - the music was generic and unimaginative and eventually the combination forced us to our various cars to listen to our own cd's. Many of us left the festival feeling happy to see so many friends and gather together under the stars but, we truly hope that next year's festival will bring back the tight and beautifully construted DJ sets of previous years.:confused:

task

TRIBE Promoter
THANK YOU HARVEST FESTIVAL!!
simply amazing!!
from the organization to the participation, i feel blessed by the incredible experience and filled with respect towards the attention that was in every detail..
caught kidd, marshall, downer, and hal, who all dropped stellar sets. there is nothing comparable to just letting it rip raw outdoors..
the field, the sky, the fire, the sound, the people, the love from Justin, Lana, Jamie, David, Irving, Fox and Montana.. this magical feeling..

DoubleDown

TRIBE Member
Tarte said:
the Tech tent - always something we look forward to with great antipation, aside from Tim Patrick the rest of the night was full of music that just didn't seem to take us anywhere, anytime soon. Over and over again, we journey'd back and forth hoping for those wicked consistant beats only to leave in frustration time and time again.
Funny... I think this years Tech room/tent/barn was the best I have encountered yet. For both vibe and track selection.

seeker

TRIBE Member
it's unfortunate that you folks didn't enjoy this year's Festival as much as year's past. I had a great time, though. Totally what I was waiting for all year, in terms of parties.

I'm a little incoherent right now, so I'll post more tomorrow.

Happy Harvest! :)

zoo

TRIBE Member
There was a circus!

Rollin' Cash got busted trying to steal this turntable.

Lots of dancers outside the Pyramid all night.

Me and two friends (literally) cold chillin'.

At one point a volcano erupted!

Pagans dancing around the fire.

More pagans.

The painting guy, who I hear was charging $20 per picture but raised the price to $30 when demand grew (dirty capitalists!).

The fire burned until I went to bed around 6am! I didn't expect anybody still up at that point to be coherent enough to actually keep it going, but I was wrong.

The miscellaneous art was pretty fun.

zoo

TRIBE Member
Gratuitous landscape / pyramid shot.

More fire.

Ich und meine mannschaft

Hay guys!

More moons means more iron.

Walk of shame.

What the heck?

Me and the two first-timers I brought. Both had a reasonably good time, but the booze ban was a buzzkill since we kept on getting busted (for the record we used nalgenes, red bull cans, and pop bottles ... i think we just had targets on our backs or something).

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

madnezz

TRIBE Member
Well, that was a great time! Awesome seeing everyone (nice to meet a few new people too), and dancing it up in the techno tent! Mike Gibbs killed.

The soup was good, but it could have used more SALT.

I got stung by a wasp on the way out of the party near the smoothie area! My hand still hurts.

Was anyone else at the falls for the parking fiasco? Not one, but THREE cars went into the ditch trying to reverse out of that narrow gravel road. It was downright hilarious, even though it delayed our return home by an hour or so.

Pics to come tomorrow.

ps- If anyone has found a silver LG phone that's probably out of batteries, please send me a note at tmadnezz at hotmail. com. I lost it right when we arrived, sadly.

Tangiers

TRIBE Member
task said:
simply amazing!!
from the organization to the participation, i feel blessed by the incredible experience and filled with respect towards the attention that was in every detail..
caught kidd, marshall, downer, and hal, who all dropped stellar sets. there is nothing comparable to just letting it rip raw outdoors..
the field, the sky, the fire, the sound, the people, the love from Justin, Lana, Jamie, David, Irving, Fox and Montana.. this magical feeling..

that about sums it up for me....Wally, I was looking for you everywhere....The painting looks wicked in my apartment....thank you Marney....was hippy flippin by 11....then it went hardcore till 6....too bad Melanie has a boyfriend....Jason & Kurtis were the real EMS team....power napping for 2 hours....starting work by 10....whew

nb. have coffee and hot chocolate next time. It got cold.

baconpan

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
mostly everything has been said and I wont go into a big review. My friends and I had a BLAST and dont have any complaints worth mentioning. It was great to be a part of the volunteer crew and see everything come together, so I would like to thank everyone at the farm I have met over the last couple weeks. I will see you all again monday and tuesday for cleanup :)

I would like to add that I enjoyed *most* of the music (except for the vocal heavy stuff in the techo tent) and it was hard to stay in one spot. The DJ's booked for this event were ALL top notch. I would definitly have to say that the last 4 hours or so of the techno tent was a serious ass kicking. Does anyone know if all the DJ's got to play their assigned timeslots? I would really like to track down some mixes from these cats. Was I hearing alot of electro in the last couple hours? Im sorry, im not up on all the house/electro stuff (YET) :)

..and nice to meet you kaniz (i think the only person from tribe I met), and I am sure we will run into each other again!

Jay

P.S - The soup was just right, last year had a little to much salt :)

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
not sure whether i want to puke, cry, laugh or sleep.
i can't believe i'm at work at 8am on Monday morning post-harvest: WHEN WILL I LEARN???

Status
Not open for further replies.