• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

the songs of the wmc that you heard everywhere...

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
cedric gervais vs second sun "another one bites the dust"
cecric gervais "spirit in my life"
sander klienenberg "this is: miami"
outwork feat mr gee "electro"
laidback luke "then"

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

tobywan

TRIBE Member
the egg - walking away (tocadisco edit)

freeform five - no more conversations

til west - same man (heard this waaaaaaaay back in the fall..predicted it'd be huge;))

mark knight - insatiable

hrmmm...what else, what else...

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
tobywan said:
I really dig this track, but never heard it anywhere...could've been mainly due to the events I attended, *shrug*
Sander Kleinberg dropped it at the beginning of his set at space friday and David Waxman dropped it at opium garnden sat night...

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Sorry...kinda off topic...but the Opium Garden's dance floor absolutely kicks ass.

Do they still have the light up floor and the massive smoke/fog machine?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
Eclectic said:
Sorry...kinda off topic...but the Opium Garden's dance floor absolutely kicks ass.

Do they still have the light up floor and the massive smoke/fog machine?
we were in the outside part...haven't noticed the light up floor or big smoke machine...maybe that is inisde?

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Nope, outside.

Main stage.

That sucks if they removed it....it was seriously the coolest dance floor I've seen.

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
Eclectic said:
Nope, outside.

Main stage.

That sucks if they removed it....it was seriously the coolest dance floor I've seen.
weird I have been there like 10 times over the last 7 or so years and never remember that at all...

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
Eclectic said:
Nope, outside.

Main stage.

yup you got this place mixed up with another just checked with my buddy who spins there all the time, was no big light up dance floor there... what could you be thinking of?

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Well last time I was there was 2002 and I saw DJ Icey and Sander Kleinberg and they had it.

Seriously....glass bricks on the floor with lights under it and the smoke machines they had filled the dancefloor so you couldn't see a thing, not even your own hand. Just vague shapes of people dancing right beside you.....then they could clear out all the smoke within 2 seconds to show everyone around you.

Fucking wikkid.

I'll find my pictures when I get home and see if we're thinking about the same place.

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
Eclectic said:
Well last time I was there was 2002 and I saw DJ Icey and Sander Kleinberg and they had it.

Seriously....glass bricks on the floor with lights under it and the smoke machines they had filled the dancefloor so you couldn't see a thing, not even your own hand. Just vague shapes of people dancing right beside you.....then they could clear out all the smoke within 2 seconds to show everyone around you.

Fucking wikkid.

I'll find my pictures when I get home and see if we're thinking about the same place.
was this outside? and the dj booth is in like a tiki hut type thing? maybe the lights were set up for the one time event type deal...

groovespinna

TRIBE Member
so this isn't supposed to be a showcase for newer material?
Im stupid. I know nothing about wmc. but alot of the songs in here have been toronto club staples since early last year.

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
bombthreat23 said:
was this outside? and the dj booth is in like a tiki hut type thing? maybe the lights were set up for the one time event type deal...
Yeah, the open air stage. I used Pagoda to describe it before.

No roof on the dancefloor and they had to delay the start of the show because of a light drizzle.

Maybe it was a one time thing....

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
groovespinna said:
Im stupid. I know nothing about wmc. but alot of the songs in here have been toronto club staples since early last year.
it isn't a showcase at all for new material... there is new material dropped, and passed around like laidback luke "then" which is going to be MASSIVE...but it is just like any other dj set anywhere else, they are rocking the floor...these are just some of the tunes I heard everywhere, some new...some old...the big thing to come out of the conference was that ELECTRO is MASSSIVE...everyone seemed to be playing it.

coleridge

TRIBE Member
groovespinna said:
As I was saying in another thread, it's impossible for record lables/producers to hold onto tracks to debut them at WMC now. Stuff gets leaked on the internet now. Labels are better off releasing tracks as soon as possible after they are finished.

I think this is why we aren't seeing as much upfront new material at WMC anymore.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
coleridge said:
As I was saying in another thread, it's impossible for record lables/producers to hold onto tracks to debut them at WMC now. Stuff gets leaked on the internet now. Labels are better off releasing tracks as soon as possible after they are finished.

I think this is why we aren't seeing as much upfront new material at WMC anymore.
you are right now that i think about it.. this was my 7th year going and i do remember much more new stuff back in the day...

coleridge

TRIBE Member
Yeah WMC used to be crazy for new tracks.

I can remember a friend calling me from the dance floor in March 99 (I think) freaking out over Pete Heller's Big Love.

This year it seems there's no hype over anything.

stanimal

TRIBE Member
Incidentally, Sander was playing this new remix in Miami:

Pete Heller - Big Love (Steven Lee and Trent Cantrelle Re-Rub)

Skipper

TRIBE Member
coleridge said:
Yeah WMC used to be crazy for new tracks.

I can remember a friend calling me from the dance floor in March 99 (I think) freaking out over Pete Heller's Big Love.

This year it seems there's no hype over anything.
Cant people just not leak the track to ANYONE until, say, January or February before the conference?

ie - don't finish the track until a month or two before?

tobywan

TRIBE Member
Funny enough, I didn't hear this track at all...though it's been around in the UK for about a month, and I know Roger will drop it fo sho tonight @ TIL...

Bob Sinclar - World, Hold On (Children of the Sky)