• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The Social becomes Dog & Bear on Queen street

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
Shame! I liked this venue, didn't even know it got shut down.
It's become a British style pub - I'm not sure how they call themselves that when there's no yorkshire pudding? pfft.

Reading the reviews on yelp - looks like we're not missing out on much.

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
Liked it so much a year went by without you noticing it was gone?
Yup just goes to show how often I attend events in Toronto now, plus too many broken glasses. Rather travel out of town like NYC or Montreal - go a party out there, way better vibes and people.

LOL I think it was kenny glasgow was spinning when the sound system blew out, it was definitely A.D.D. event.

Last edited:

coleridge

TRIBE Member
LOL I think it was kenny glasgow was spinning when the sound system blew out, it was definitely A.D.D. event.
That sound system blew out on the first night and they never fixed it. Some of the worst sound I've ever heard for bar/club w/ dancefloor.

They seem to have the same approach with The Hoxton, terrible sound in there too.

erika

TRIBE Member
This was Richard's plan when he closed it down. You have to give him this, he's smart: he knew the area was going to see this huge surge in condo dwellers, so he planned for that market.

videotronic

TRIBE Member
Tonight's top story: local man predicts gentrification of trendy area. Also at 11, sun rises in east, sets in west; leafs don't make playoffs