1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

the Soccer News/Transfers thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by -Mercury-, Jun 23, 2003.

1. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Nooooooo!

You bastard!

One point ahead!

JamesM likes this.
  2. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

HAHA yeah, I saw that. Didn't want to bring it up !

praktik likes this.
  3. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

Totally exited for tonight, we have our footy playoffs. We ran the table 7 wins, one draw. Now we have to do the ceremonial fixtures to figure out the champs.

#footballmode

JamesM finished 3rd with 8 goals on the season.

4. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

Pressure is on to put a bunch in the back of the net tonight.

5. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

we won 5 or 6 to one tonight. The lady scored a really cheeky goal. behind the heel goal like Sturridge. Off to the final.

6. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

behind the heel! amazing goal.

7. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

holy fucking hell we won the final.

This team brought champagne to the match they were that confident, and ended up drinking it the wrong way at the end of the match.

We were watching the match before going down 3 nil in the first 5 minutes before we started playing our game, then 4-3 wiped that smirk across all their faces.

Well we ran the table, and the playoffs. What were they expecting?

8. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Loved the use of my triple captain on Lukaku, tripled his two points that week and he scores week before and after lol

Woulda been smart to leave it for kane last week right??

9. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Getting really annoyed by the captain chip.

I'm putting it on the wrong one each week.

Probably captained Lukaku more than any other this year and of course the day I captain Kane Lukaku bags 4

Lol

10. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

My squad isn't performing well. :(

I think I need to swap out the entire team. I have Arsenal as my backend, and they consistently are allowing goals.

Some Tottenham guys who usually do well.

My Liverpool guys are sucking.... Grrr

11. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

Liverpool have gone into a complete tailspin so far this calendar year, with their only victory coming against Plymouth Argyle.

Even one of my good friends who's a die hard supporter has admitted they may have been punching above their weight during the beginning of the season, and may now be showing their true colours. Even their best starting 11 might not be quite good enough for a top 4 finish this year.

They are in desperate need of both a world class centre back, and goalkeeper.

12. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Ya Everton seems to have done the better of the two this season - on the pitch and in aquisitions.

looking forward to seeing how schneiderlin works out with them

13. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

I think everyone missed the Barca comeback.

Debatable. Suarez! But you can't help but admire the effort. Neymar.

Curler.

14. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Schweinsteiger in MLS!

thinks about Chicago fire dates in Toronto...

15. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Yeah bwooooy, Schweinsteiger MLS card out today in Fifa 17!

16. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

SO i guess thats it for the league!

Fun times - so much bad luck on placing of my chips, will be more careful next year for sure.

Happy with my results to land in the middle of the pack!

17. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

Yeeh Praktik you did well on the fantasy. Can't wait till next year. I fell short.

18. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

had super shitty luck in the last few months - NEXT YEAR! ;)

19. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

Hey did you guys get your teams in?

20. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

1 week late again!! After promising last year to not make that mistake again!

I'll start racking up the points next game week. Such a clusterfuck at work last two weeks, totally fucked me for remembering to get this in!!

JamesM likes this.
  21. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

Hope you got in there. I'm happy today. Mane.

22. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

Wow Liverpool just embarrassed Arsenal. Completely masterclass.

23. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

I don't think it was overwhelming as to how good Liverpool played, but more of a reflection as to how poorly Arsenal's starting 11 played.

Mind you, along with Salah, and going after Lemar from AS Monaco, as well as Coutinho returning to the fold, they have a very lethal attack.

I know it's early, but you can't deny Man U's dominance so far. They are scary good.

24. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Its gonna be an interesting season! Fellaini's goal shouldn't have counted but they had the game locked up anyway.

Everton is looking sharp and so is liverpool - looking forward to a hot rivalry between them this year

25. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

Been F5ing the transfer window all day.

Christ what a lot of drama.