1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

the Soccer News/Transfers thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by -Mercury-, Jun 23, 2003.

1. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

Yeah, there's three special cards you can play. Triple captain, all out attack where you can field like a majority of strikers, and bench boost, where all your subs contribute to your points as well. You can use them only once a season each of them.

There's also a transfer wildcard, which will allow you to basically swap your entire team out for free.

Every week you can make like 1 or two free transfers, like if people get injured, or they just plain suck, being out of favour.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  2. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

Wow my lady played with her corporate team today in a charity event. It was a huge tournament. Danny Dichio was on her team, which the tournament was full of footballers you had to draft.

Among a long list, you got Caldwell, DeRosario, Dunfield, Forrest, and even Gary Leeman, and Ric Natress?

She set up two goals, and in the semi was pretty colorful apparently with 4 yellows dished out. She came hope beaming, and with her swag which included an authentic TFC jersey she was wearing.

Dunfield ruined the semi with a last gasp side volley to defeat them 2-1.

Sooo Jealous!

You come home and say you were bouncing a pass with Dichio and he's crossing to score goals and you are all running to each other, is pretty much amazing.

3. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

awesome - 60 points last week - glad my bet on lUkaku was paying off but I think i was neglecting to assign my Vice Captain and so lost out on maybe making some extra points off him.

Not so for next week, where Everton will be playing some chumps. Assuming Lukaku stays hot I am making him my captain and I'll be vice-ing Ibra

Thanks for the tips guys!

4. futronic

futronic TRIBE Member

You only get double points for your vice captain if the player you selected as your captain doesn't play at all in the gameweek.

-- Jay aka Fut

5. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

ah interesting ok!

6. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

I fucking pooched my triple captain. Argh! bloody Firmino didn't play, and Wijnaldum was my vice. Fuuuuck.

7. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Hot on your heels JamesM - my plan is to overtake you next week!

8. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Are you Awesometown in the league Jay?

9. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

Prolly got me. You're doing well.

10. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

So far!

Beginners luck maybe, we'll see if I can go the distance!

11. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

Looks good. I can't believe I squandered my triple captain.

12. futronic

futronic TRIBE Member

Yes indeed. A little disappointed I changed my captain to Ibra from Sanchez three minutes before the deadline. That's the game, though.

-- Jay aka Fut

13. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

damn, trading away Blind was stupid

14. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

15. futronic

futronic TRIBE Member

It happens. I dumped Hazard and Ibra for Firmino and Aguero. The latter turned out but the former not so much. I had Coutinho in his place for the longest time and then I changed my mind.

Still had a great week, but those extra point would have probably lifted me into the top 2500. Early days though. Early days.

-- Jay aka Fut

16. futronic

futronic TRIBE Member

Praktik: you need to make some transfers, dude. You've got some injuries to deal with. Now that there's an international break, however, I'd wait until closer to the next round of games on the 15th.

-- Jay aka Fut

praktik likes this.
  17. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

Can you believe that Arsenal goal? The ball was going clear high of the net just to have his team mate handball it in the net. Shocking.

#handballhenry #handofgod.

18. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

Shouldn't have stood. Amazing gift. Looks like the refs are under instructions.

19. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

great win by TFC.

20. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

guess we all have similar teams - great week for the whole group lol

21. futronic

futronic TRIBE Member

Makes up for a couple bad weeks for me. Back inside the top 7000 overall. Need to have a good follow-up this weekend to keep the momentum going before the international break.

-- Jay aka Fut

22. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

Liverpool game is such a drag right now. Just passing around midfield all day is lame. No efforts. Put Sturridge on, no one's interested.

23. The Kid

The Kid TRIBE Member

Every time you comment I'm reminded how dumb you are... second half was nuts, just unlucky. No positives from a clean sheet? Sheesh.

24. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

Thanks for reminding me to set my picks!

praktik likes this.
  25. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Keeping ahead of you by a handful of points, feets don't fail me now!!

JamesM likes this.