• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The sleeper has awakened!!!

swilly

TRIBE Member
today i remembered what is important in life and what is not. I feel like i have awoken from a bad dream.

I hope one day all of you, realize the farce that is high materialism. For some reason i forgot what i had learned but i promise to never forget, now that i remember!!!

swilly

swilly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by deep
got jacked by whoever was selling those shoes off ebay huh
Nope had a good conversation with an old friend and she reminded me of what is really important in life. Also the problems of high materialism and media indoctrination which i had become somewhat caught up in.

Its hard not too though

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

jamieson

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by swilly
the problems of high materialism and media indoctrination which i had become somewhat caught up in.
Bigger, better, more, the next. The more you have, the more you want. It's never enough. Some people will never fully understand.

When I think back on a lot of the material things I really wanted and convinced myself I needed - it never really made me happy 6 months down the road, if I'd derived happiness from it at all (especially eBay purchases hehe.)

I'd rather focus my time on the intangible.

It's sort of funny though watching people wrapped up in the circle the media or their friends are feeding them.

SuperKennyK

TRIBE Member
I could not agree more. I used to be materialistic. Wanting the best car, the newest gadgets. Now I could not care at all. My last girlfriend steered me in the right direction and I am very thankfull for that.

Money can not buy happiness. Materialism sucks, it's what is wrong with the world.

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by SuperKennyK
Money can not buy happiness.
The turth is that money can buy temporary happiness. If you have enough money, you can keep the happiness going. But you are only fooling yourself if you do, and are not appreciating what really matters in life.

Cheers ... Ian :)

SuperKennyK

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Soundstream
The turth is that money can buy temporary happiness. If you have enough money, you can keep the happiness going. But you are only fooling yourself if you do, and are not appreciating what really matters in life.

Cheers ... Ian :)

Are you reffering to narcotics and their super-happy-fun-time feeling?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

SuperKennyK

TRIBE Member
Money can reduce some of those stresses in life, such as student loan payments, credit cards, etc... ...bills, bills, bills...

However, even if I did not have that stress in my life, I don't think it would make a difference if I was happy or not.

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by Soundstream
The truth is that money can buy temporary happiness. If you have enough money, you can keep the happiness going. But you are only fooling yourself if you do, and are not appreciating what really matters in life.
Much like certain drugs, however, a tolerance is built up, so you have to spend more and more to get less and less high.

But at least then you can be unhappy in comfort ;)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

seeker

TRIBE Member
where's Muad'dib? he should be pissing on this thread.

Bring me the weirding module!

<hushed whispers from those around> jebus, ain't he weird enough already? </hushed whispers from those around>

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
That's the CN tower in the background, and the catbus in the foreground. I almost wrote foreskin. That would have been funny.

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Imagine if you write asstray instead of ashtray, and it was right after I wrote foreskin instead of foreground.

I would still be laughing and stuff.

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by PosTMOd
Imagine if you write asstray instead of ashtray, and it was right after I wrote foreskin instead of foreground.

I would still be laughing and stuff.

now that made me laugh. not out loud though :D

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by Skipper
Sure, but having no money will fetch you some serious unhappiness too.
Uh huh.

All the goodygoody transcendental "I am above all that" sentiments in the world will not change the fact that homelessness and real poverty lurk around the corner, down the street. It's nice to not talk about that, to instead talk about the truly original, unique and complex idea of "Money not buying happiness" while still going to work, having some sort of income, and paying rent, because we see the homeless too often to not realize that the potential for that to happen to us does exist.