• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

The Simpsons are getting sued.

silver1

TRIBE Member
Rio tourist office plans to sue Simpsons: paper

City tourism officials plan to sue the producers of the animated sitcom The Simpsons over its depiction of Rio de Janeiro in a recent episode, according to a report in the daily newspaper O Globo. In the episode, "Blame It On Lisa, broadcast March 31 in North America, the family travels to Rio to find a missing orphan that middle child Lisa Simpson sponsors from a distance. Brazilian critics decried the use of cliches and stereotypes in the episode, as well as the mixing of Brazilian elements with broader Latin American themes. For example, the Brazilians on the show danced conga, had Spanish accents and wore moustaches. In the episode the Simpson father, Homer, is kidnapped by a taxi driver, the family is assaulted by begging Brazilian children on a beach, and the family visits Rio slums infested by violent monkeys.

Link

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
Ahaha... I'd love to see a Brazilian official, all serious-faced trying to clear the now-common belief that the Rio slums are infested with violent monkeys.

pray for mojo...

Pete

Rosey

TRIBE Member
yeah, let's all sue the simpsons. they defamed toronto too! we need to get even with them :rolleyes:

let's none of us have a cow

redeyes

TRIBE Member
the simpsons called us a bunch of stupid hosers before. they showed a glimpse of a video game called Nuke Canada and they had some on stupid kid in barts remedial class that said: "i'm from canada so i'm a little slow, eh. it's all in good fun. those brazilians should lay off the coke and smoke some pot, eh. :D

peace

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

Jazz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by silver1
Rio tourist office plans to sue Simpsons: paper
the family visits Rio slums infested by violent monkeys.
So there aren't gangs of violent monkeys roaming around Rio? That's it, I'm cancelling my trip...

kurtz

TRIBE Member
I guess if one of those mentioned above things has happened at least once, then all slander is nullified. Talk about a case precedent law suit!! :D

Rosey

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Klubmasta Will
i would like to sue the simpsons too.

for sucking so much lately.
i liked last night's episode, but i can't remember what it was about. :D

good meeting you on the weekend, sorry we couldn't actually chat. :)

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Rosey

i liked last night's episode, but i can't remember what it was about. :D

good meeting you on the weekend, sorry we couldn't actually chat. :)
omg.. you met klubmasta will?? you mean he ACTUALLY EXISTS!!! I thought he was just a rave-legend.... folklore.... ;)

I missed simpsons last night :(

Cheers,
Dave

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
I missed simpsons last night
It was retarded.

They were basically promoting drug use.

I'm surprised they wouldn't get sued for that..

When I started watching the simpsons i was 8 or 10..

That episode reminded of something that would be on south park but at least south park is on at a later time..

vox

TRIBE Member
if the basic premise is that smoking pot makes people more mellow, then i guess i promote drug use too.

who are you? the moral majority? *puke*

nusty

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Hawk Eye
I don't think a 10 year old would read into it that much.

Every simpsons has a moral message by the end of it. thats the only way I could convince my parents to let me watch it as a kid. If they saw that episode, they would have disconected the cable!

when I was 10 (or there abouts) I used to always look for the moral at the end of the simpsons.... I think I would have found it in the middle of last nights episode.