• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The sickest winamp skins

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
ya...those are cool, if youre into giger's stuff.
but for functionality and easy use, they all suck.
we will be waiting a long time more b 4 some cool winamp skins come into play.
until then, i still use the original skin.
no tricks.
if i want tricks, i'll join the circus.

skin deep

TRIBE Member
I just want a simple skin that doesn't look like some idiot trying to re-discover his love for the alien movies through winamp skins. Just a nice, simple design, with legible fonts. I'll stick with the default 2.0 skin until something better comes out. I'm sure there's tonnes of skins that fit my description, but looking through a bunch on the winamp site, never found one that I could stick with.

Hamza

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by skin deep
I just want a simple skin that doesn't look like some idiot trying to re-discover his love for the alien movies through winamp skins.

LMAO

nonlocal

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Stan
Cool shit. Now if they could only do something for the Windows Desktop.
If you're looking for spoilers and racing stripes for your desktop checkout WindowBlinds and the other stardock software..

I like to play with the desktop sometimes but really windows is too bloated already

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
I use MMD3,... it's just so compact when you put it into the slim mode and fits nicely on the top of my screen! And you can change it to just about any color... so it'll go with any scheme.

deafplayer

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Cheap Ego
good ol' Nucleo... i've had it for a long long time and i don't think I'll ever get tired of it..
YES...... aesthetically appealing, yet clean, no superfluous bullshit...
Plus i love the look of stereo equipment from back in the day before they were all made of black plastic

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
I really liked the alpine car deck skin, but foobar eats winamp and the lama for breakfast so it doesn't matter anymore

basilisk

TRIBE Member
What I don't get is... don't you people know where the buttons are by now? What's all this talk of 'functionally useless', were you introduced to MP3s last year? Some of these aren't all that good for using, but take Doomed for example - excellent art, and it's also functional. Do you need big cartoon interfaces to remember where shit went?

If all else fails, Z X C V B!

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by basilisk
What I don't get is... don't you people know where the buttons are by now? What's all this talk of 'functionally useless', were you introduced to MP3s last year? Some of these aren't all that good for using, but take Doomed for example - excellent art, and it's also functional. Do you need big cartoon interfaces to remember where shit went?

If all else fails, Z X C V B!
True, but I like it all up in my grill. I don't need the Pause button hiding behind the angel fighting the dragon which is being eaten by the demon with the giant claw. I use Winamp in numerous situations, and none the least of which is when I'm high/drunk as fuck.

zoo

TRIBE Member
i have better things to do than memorize the exact pixel range of each button on the winamp gui, hence my need for visible buttons

deep

TRIBE Member
what's a winamp? can i have sum plz?

stirry, are you on the columns_ui train? I think there are a pile of alternative interfaces at this point for fb2k now too.

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
I remember you introducing me to the columns UI and I did play around with it a little, but I have resorted back to a basic implementation of the foobar interface and it does me fine.
I do however use the Album interface and I like the way it works.

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
i stick with the MMD3 skin for the new version of winamp
it's really the only good skin for the non classic winamp