• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

the short films of David Lynch

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
VERY curious is anyone has seen this??...he basically goes through his earliest visual incarnations right through to Eraserhead...it's very interesting to finally hear the voice behind some of the most haunting images ive ever seen on film/TV..."the alphabet" will give you at least a dozen nightmares!...even the way it's shot is very "lynchian"...a must for any fan, even you closeted ones;)

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

rentboy

TRIBE Member
i've always had total respect for Lynch even though his work is brutally complicated, and at times nonsensical.

However, he is on his own wave length in terms of generating atmosphere and mood... and for that i commend him.

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by rentboy
i've always had total respect for Lynch even though his work is brutally complicated, and at times nonsensical.

However, he is on his own wave length in terms of generating atmosphere and mood... and for that i commend him.

rents...see this one...NO WAY does his work now reflect his earlier stuff...mostly animated mixed with live...it's something out of a miserable child's dreams...unbearable at times!...to be honest there's a scene in the 7 minute ALPHABET that made me forget about some of the scenes in the EXCORCIST!....it's that frightening...he's a mind for the ages that's for sure

aether

TRIBE Member
i ordered this and eraserhead from the website months ago. i've watched eraserhead 3 times now (it's a fun movie just to put on for the ambient soundtrack), and it's got a really, really great interview with lynch. I haven't even opened the 'short films' package yet tho. I'm waiting until i'm in the right mood (whatever that means).

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
GET IN THE MOOD...I threw it on last night after I couldn't get to sleep...needless to say I STILL couldn't grasp going to sleep afterwards:D

unbelievable the shit he came up with for a mere 500 bucks!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders