1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The shoot-out.....hated it.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by B.Effy, Oct 6, 2005.

1. B.Effy

B.Effy TRIBE Member

Anyone else think it's a cheap and fromage-heavy way to end a game?

2. afterglow

afterglow TRIBE Member

sports room?

3. Snapper

Snapper TRIBE Member

Hay, I'm a Leaf fan too!

4. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

if domi socred I would have liked it

5. bushka

bushka TRIBE Member

But shoot-out's are exciting!

6. dyad

dyad TRIBE Member

Im an Ottawa fan and I hated it.

Same with the no replays on penalties.

7. Maui

Maui TRIBE Member

I love it and I think when a basketball game is tied at the end, they should settle it with a game of bump.

Maui

8. junglegirl

junglegirl TRIBE Member

no replays?

9. The Kid

The Kid TRIBE Member

Yeah I think it's gay, they should just play until someone scores in OT, fuck it.

*shrug*

whatevs... it's nice to watch hockey again!!!!

10. VinylRach

VinylRach TRIBE Promoter

ok...you COULD keep it going in OT BUT DOES ANYONE REMEMBER that playoff game like 3 years ago that went into like 5 or 6 ot's. I fucking love hockey bu tat the end of that game i wanted to gouge my eyes out

11. dicksherwood

dicksherwood TRIBE Member

Kate Moss approved!!

12. Snapper

Snapper TRIBE Member

They should bring back Mark Osborne. That guy scored on every breakaway.

13. StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin TRIBE Member

i loved it!!!!!!!!! finally hockey fans can feel the excitement soccer fans feel in the shoot out, heart racing, balls in the throat craziness and it'll just get more and more exciting as the season goes on and the games start to matter 10 times more :D

BUT i hate the fact it's three players and not five, maybe it's because i watch soccer but best outtah five is much better than just 2 out of 3

Latahz
    Louie

14. bombthreat23

bombthreat23 TRIBE Member

i don't know what is wrong with a tie? they battled to a tie, the teams were even...why is this a bad thing?
    g.

15. bushka

bushka TRIBE Member

But somebody needs to WIN! Isn't that the point?

16. dyad

dyad TRIBE Member

just on the penalties... you just see the guy go to the box now and whatever the penalty is listed underneath

I think its an attempt on the part of the co-operative media and NHL rulemakers to garner acceptance of the new rules and take the bloodthirst out of the fans of the game

but if you dont see the replays how can you argue about the call with your friends?

17. stir-fry

stir-fry TRIBE Member

Are you sure ? They replayed the Slashing penalty that Lindros received in the second period, as well as a cross-checking penalty by an Ottawa player.

18. Lurker

Lurker TRIBE Member

I guess they count a shootout win as a win in the standings, but who gets credit for the 1 goal difference? Or if you score in the shootout, does it count on your years stats?

It was alright I guess, no real complaints. I like the no two line pass rule and the behind the net goalie area for playing the puck. Both are good ideas. Also the no line change on an icing is good for keeping play going as well. No more of this dump-n-chase shit.

19. dyad

dyad TRIBE Member

It definitely happened enough for one of the group I was with to notice, and then have it happen at least a few times after that.

I suppose it could have just been a bad broadcast on the part of TSN but I prefer to call conspiracy

20. djdeposit

djdeposit TRIBE Member

should have at least been 5 chances

21. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

It was a little odd to see the game finish off that way last night...still not too sure how I feel about it. It was exciting to say the least, and given that in the last NHL campaign, there was an average of 11 ties per team, it'll definately help show the true standings by the end of the season.

We'll see how she goes...*shrug*

22. Muad'ib

Muad'ib Well-Known TRIBEr

love it.

23. dyad

dyad TRIBE Member

but its so boooooorrrring

24. B.Effy

B.Effy TRIBE Member

I guess that's my fundamental problem with it. A tie was a reflection of how the teams played as a team.

Now the deciding factor isn't the game itself, but a skill set related to playing hockey. It's like ending a tied baseball game with a home run derby.

25. Muad'ib

Muad'ib Well-Known TRIBEr

boring?!?

the alternative is to have the game end and for the commercials to start....i'll take an extra five minutes of action and a definite winner.