• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The Sentinel

sweetdaddy

TRIBE Member
i was really looking forward to this, hoping it was gonna be in the realm of TRAFFIC, WALL STREET, or SYRIANA.

but it is getting slagged as crud by ROTTENTOMATOES.
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1156475-sentinel/

*andi know rottentomatoes isn't always accurate if you just check the rating...but rad someof the review outtakes. sounds brutal!

wait to rent. such a pity

jebac

TRIBE Member
mitsuko youre funny. jack bauer is ugly man... hes got a crazy sounding voice tho, i loved him in that movie, phone booth

-jebac

sk8

TRIBE Member
they filmed part of this at my park

i had to babysit the stupid film crew

i was going to put a little story about the chick in it and her diva attitude but have decided against it due to past problems with actors and this board....
;)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

mitsuko souma

TRIBE Member
Are you insane? He's sexy (especially the voice). I'm sure tons of women would agree with me.
I've been a HUGE fan ever since Lost Boys.
I tried to infiltrate the set @ Sheraton Hotel and was quickly apprehended

jebac

TRIBE Member
i guess when youre on tv and millions of people see your face every weekend night im sure you could find atleast 1000 chicks that think youre hot shit

-jebac

mitsuko souma

TRIBE Member
Yeah it must suck when you've been making movies for decades and not getting any recognition, to finally land a high profile role on monster-hit TV show and have people STILL slag you for it. meh.

sweetdaddy

TRIBE Member
even the reviews that are considered "good" (up the tomato rating) sound awful.

*these outtakes are from reviews that weren't considered bad reviews???

"the script may be manufactured, but at least the sweat stains are real"

"devolves into an implausible chase movie"

"the sentinel's brains may be mush"

"unapologetically by the numbers"

"charmless, emotionally flat, and a dull concoction"

"forgetable and implausible"

"the dialogue is so wooden"

"horrible, anti-climatic...sloppy storytelling"

"not original or daring"

p.s. not one of the good reviews actually sounds anything like a good review!!!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

jebac

TRIBE Member
im not slagging him as an actor, and ive never stated that he has no acting ability or whatever. i simply said that hes ugly, although he does have a badass voice. i dont care what jack bauer or whatever the guys real name is does. hes on tv, good for him, im not going to suck his dick because of it, and he certinaly doesnt deserve any more recognition than the man that picks up my garbage every thursday. however if hes doign something to better society then yes he deserves recognition (since we're all vain anyhow)

so yeah, i think hes ugly, u dont, beauty is in the eye of the beholder... shit i should know, some chicks think IM good looking!

-jebac

sweetdaddy

TRIBE Member
mitsuko souma said:
You guys are basing your opinions on reviews form ONE site.
Why all the hate on Sutherland?
actually rotten tomatoes is a site that accumulates a whole bunch of reviews from many sources and then gives a rating based on the percetage that were good reviews against those that were bad reviews.

so you are basing your opinion without having all the facts.

www.rottentomatoes.com

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
This looks like a TV movie that somehow made it to cinema. You'd think Keifer Sutherland would have the sense to diversify a bit.

Eva Longoria sucks.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Mrs. Brick

TRIBE Member
This looks crap.

While this movie was filming it was odd how much parts of life got intertwined into it. I worked security for a lot of the shoots they did. The stuff they filmed at sherway gardens looked like it could be cool.

But it does look crap.

p.s. Keifer is pretty cool guy.

sweetdaddy

TRIBE Member
keifer is all right.
my guess is that in signing the newest contract to do more seasons of 24, he stipulated he wanted a movie role or 2. not sure this acccurate, but i bet some digging into contracts and parent companies would find it to be true.

sweetdaddy

TRIBE Member
sweetdaddy said:
"the script may be manufactured, but at least the sweat stains are real"

"devolves into an implausible chase movie"

"the sentinel's brains may be mush"

"unapologetically by the numbers"

"charmless, emotionally flat, and a dull concoction"

"forgetable and implausible"

"the dialogue is so wooden"

"horrible, anti-climatic...sloppy storytelling"

"not original or daring"

istill can't get over how these are the good reviews from ROTTENTOMATOES.

mitsuko souma

TRIBE Member
sweetdaddy said:
my guess is that in signing the newest contract to do more seasons of 24, he stipulated he wanted a movie role or 2.
Doesn't matter what movie roles he lands, he's repeatedly stated he would drop everything for a feature 24 project

Stormshadow

TRIBE Member
I worked on some of the sets for this last summer...it was one of the bigger flicks film here in recent years (sure as fuck paid well!).
Too bad it sucks apparently.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
the average rating of 5.1 is even more telling than the 30% approval rating. jelo saw it last night and said it sucked ass.

that's enough for me to pass on it.

too bad too, because i was kinda sorta looking forward to this flick.