• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

the see-through toilet

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Big Cheese

TRIBE Member
boy, you could toss off looking @ chicks walking by

giv'er with the fart spray once your done

nobody knows the dif

*heart*

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

MoFo

TRIBE Member
A Toronto artist made this a couple of years ago as an art installation to talk about issues of privacy and voyeurism.

Now it's real? Bah.

JAR

TRIBE Member
does anyone know why they call the toilet the Loo in the UK?

I just found out why this weekend...

FC St. Pauli

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by JAR
does anyone know why they call the toilet the Loo in the UK?

I just found out why this weekend...

it may come from the expression "gardez l'eau" prounounced by medieval Scottish people

France and Scotland once had a close anti-English alliance and there were a lot of French influences in Scotland - as well French was the cool language to speak in much of Europe for 100s of years

people would shout "gardez! l'eau" --> look out! water! before throwing their chamberpots out into the street

this was corrupted in Scots to "Gardy Loo!" and hence Loo = washroom, WC, water closet

this has not been proven although and the ultimate origin I believe is unknown

thank you - am I right?

JAR

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by FC St. Pauli
it may come from the expression "gardez l'eau" prounounced by medieval Scottish people

France and Scotland once had a close anti-English alliance and there were a lot of French influences in Scotland - as well French was the cool language to speak in much of Europe for 100s of years

people would shout "gardez! l'eau" --> look out! water! before throwing their chamberpots out into the street

this was corrupted in Scots to "Gardy Loo!" and hence Loo = washroom, WC, water closet

this has not been proven although and the ultimate origin I believe is unknown

thank you - am I right?

YES! My Dad was telling me the exact same story that he learned when in Scotland.

Shit, I wanted to tell it!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

why not

TRIBE Member
a toronto artist/architect adrian blackwell did an installation like this at queen and spadina a couple years back, except it was just the door that was a one-way mirror.

i wonder if the french artist knows this?

the canadian one was fun, good art.