• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The secret to msn at work!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Bass-Invader
im surprised vbull doesn't have an option for that.
It does with threads.. but you gotta scroll all the way down.. and click on 'show printable version'.. but that's waay too cumbersome as you gotta do it for each thread and it doesn't stay for forum browsing

Syntax, what's lynx?

Syntax Error

Well-Known TRIBEr
lynx is a text only browser. most linux and unix distros have it. i think it's also available for windows if you're that type of person.

Syntax Error

Well-Known TRIBEr
you get used to it. it works fine except for javascript. plus anyone looking at your screen won't have a clue what you're doing.

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Ok I used it and I can see it as being useful for some applications.. but not tribe.. jeez.. I felt like I was playing LORD again.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Jeremy Jive

TRIBE Member
The real secret is having the management thinking it is a great tool for interoffice communication.

jeremy -then you msn away all day- jive

~NoCo~

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by pr0nstar

I'll stick with my Tribe/ICQ2Go.

pr0nstar :D
Does ICQ2Go work the same as regular ICQ....
we used to be able to use ICQ or messenger or anything then recently they decide they didn't want that anymore and now they are monitoring the computers to make sure no one uses them....

the way they monitor it is they check to see if the ports are open that messenging systems use....i think they use a specific port that they can detect if its in use or not....
does ICQ2Go use the same kind of port??

S.

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
No, ICQ2Go works over http on port 80.

So they can't block it, unless they block all websites ;)

But they can block the icq.com in the firewall. And they haven't here.

I'm a Network Admin, but damn HQ takes care of the firewall :p

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by OTIS
It does with threads.. but you gotta scroll all the way down.. and click on 'show printable version'.. but that's waay too cumbersome as you gotta do it for each thread and it doesn't stay for forum browsing

Syntax, what's lynx?
ohh okay. i figured vbull would include some functionality, like AvantGO which would dump the board into complete plain text for use with cell phones and pdas and stuff.

a feature that barely any of us would use, but I can see use for it in such a full featured software.

I don't know of any board software that actually does this though, maybe phpbb.

~NoCo~

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by pr0nstar
No, ICQ2Go works over http on port 80.

So they can't block it, unless they block all websites ;)

But they can block the icq.com in the firewall. And they haven't here.

I'm a Network Admin, but damn HQ takes care of the firewall :p

hmm, i wasn't really asking if they could block it or not (cause they dont block anything here) but more so if they could detect it as a messenging system running instead of a website?

S.