• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

"... the return to good Old House Music. Amen for that!"

T_Dot_House

TRIBE Member
Last week DJ Sneak posted this:
"I believe today it's the beginning of the END of an existing Era in Dance Music and the beginning of a NEW Era but really the return to good Old House Music. Amen for that!"

All the signs are here that House is back and it's going to be stronger than before I believe.

That club/rebrand of Ryze as Nest (don't love the name) is really coming out of the gates with some talent in their opening weeks. I went there for the first time under Nest last weekend for Miguel Migs. The vibe in there reminded me of the good ole days. Maybe event reminiscent of Industry, not that anything could replicate Industry. Really felt like the Toronto I used to love and enjoy.

With DJ's being booked lately and upcoming here in Toronto from Danny Tenaglia, Roger Sanchez, Karizma, Kenny Dope, Terrence Parker, DJ Dan, Louie Vega and our pride stages bringing in Heather, Collette, Sandy Rivera, Ralphi Rosario, David Morales & Hector Romero, hard to argue with Sneaks comment.

Funny how things going in cycles. I'm sure the kids will learn to appreciate where their music came from with these names from the past, coming back to perform once again.

Summer 2015 is going to be a blast! :)

diablo

TRIBE Member
As much as I (and many others, no doubt) would like a return of various aspects of 90s and early-2000s house music in this city, I don't see it happening for the simple reason that the main nightlife demographic (early to mid-20s) are largely into different stuff.

Any revival will be small-scale, and probably mostly among the over-30 crowd.

djsubrock

TRIBE Promoter
As much as I (and many others, no doubt) would like a return of various aspects of 90s and early-2000s house music in this city, I don't see it happening for the simple reason that the main nightlife demographic (early to mid-20s) are largely into different stuff.

Any revival will be small-scale, and probably mostly among the over-30 crowd.
true.
alot of them are into mindless edm, whatever embrace is doing or top 40. i think i have just covered most of the nitelife market.