1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

"The Real Toronto"

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by TRO, Oct 18, 2005.

1. TRO

TRO TRIBE Member

some kid made a DVD on Toronto Gang life...

cp24 has video clips of it and The globe has more of an in-depth look at it

pretty chilling if you ask me

2. kmac

kmac TRIBE Member

Read the Globe story on the weekend and I'm not surprised and am aware this stuff goes on, although I think part of it is bravado and acting hard for the camera. I would be interested in seeing it in its entirety.

3. Buddy Holly

Buddy Holly TRIBE Member

Original gangsta
    Losers with guns. Looking for some recognition.
    Sad story

4. Bumbaclat

Bumbaclat TRIBE Member

that's a very glib way of downplaying what went on this summer.

well they got it, how many movies have been made about you?

5. Buddy Holly

Buddy Holly TRIBE Member

It's reality. People live shitty lives like them. Killing hurting and doing it because they think it will gain them respect and fear in the world. All it does is label them as dirty scum.
    Gangs are a retarded part of society. All a result of poverty, bad homes etc. making money off the video, good for them. I won't watch it. It will probably be only stolen by other gangstars. You think they're going to pay for it???

6. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

I saw a clip and some of these guys actually had their faces on the camera.

I guess these guys have more guns than brains.

7. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

Actually, they are not making money off it, the guy who made it, a 22 year old russian immigrant named madd russian, is, or, whoeever he sold the rights to is. Truth is, how a skinny white 22 year old russian was able to get this deep into the gangs of TO is beyond me.

8. Buddy Holly

Buddy Holly TRIBE Member

Probably worked his way up the ranking system. Killed to be noticed.

9. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

Ok youre now being retarded. Yes, a RUSSIAN immigrant suddenly started to kill his black gangsta brethren, and made a dvd of all of them, released it to the public, still hasn't been caught.

Who pulled the Gap Merino wool sweater over your eyes? City Pulse? The SUN?

10. Buddy Holly

Buddy Holly TRIBE Member

It was a joke you tit!

11. bombthreat23

bombthreat23 TRIBE Member

SO EMBARSSING...how does anyone think this is cool? so funny, they think they look tough. SO embarassing. when they grow up and see this video (if they don't shoot themselves all up first) they will not belive how stupid they looked.

12. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

I love tits.

(hahahhahaha yes, now I realize it was tongue in cheek... oops!)

13. Stormshadow

Stormshadow TRIBE Member

Have you actually seen the video?

14. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

I am downloading Blockumentary right now.

15. kmac

kmac TRIBE Member

That was my first thought when reading the Globe piece.

16. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

He's the Madd Russian, yo.

17. Subsonic Chronic

Subsonic Chronic TRIBE Member

Judging solely from the Globe article (and I can't pass full judgment unless I saw the DVD), this just sounds like a vehicle for some gang-bangers to give themselves some street cred.

18. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

read the article(s).

19. rubytuesday

rubytuesday TRIBE Member

Don't underestimate unassuming russian guys. I was stuck waiting for the yonge bus at 2am caribana weekend and this funny russian guy pretending to be a tourist (he told me after) managed to take pics with every single big pimpin group of partiers and every hot chick without getting his ass kicked. He had guys getting out of their cars to pose with him and was macking their girls at the same time. He just worked his appeal as a clueless tourist with mad respect.

20. catilyst

catilyst TRIBE Member

Maybe that was him! In the article in the star it hinted that the 'gangsters' took to him because he being from Russia made him an outsider. I think the last line in the article said something to the effect that they didn't see him as a regular white dude.

21. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

Why do people always think gangster's are a certain type of black person?

I've seen Russian, latin, Chinese, Viet, white, brown, yellow, female, Indian, Jamaican, Somali...

22. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

23. Rude1_247

Rude1_247 TRIBE Member

The video is a bit of an exaggeration, but that doesn't take away from the fact that the attidude and behaviour displayed in the video DOES exist in this city. Just not to extent that the video would have you beleive.

24. Krzysiu

Krzysiu TRIBE Member

wouldn't it be great if every member of a gang was one of the different ethinicities Sunny listed... we would call ourselves the rainbow gang and we spread the world of tolerance with mighty beatdowns. Our tag would be Mongomery Moose from the Get-along-gang.

25. CO2

CO2 TRIBE Member

Every major city in every culture has this type of "gang" activity going on in their cities. Its part of life in the big city, and does little to represent "the reality" of that particular city because it just simply is a reality of EVERY major city, and compared to other cities of the same size or smaller, we have it pretty tame. (Anyone ever been to Cleveland?)

Dont get wrapped up in the hype the media loves to stir up..and take it for what its really worth. Obviously you cant just ignore the fact that it exists, but calling it out as "the real toronto" is more than just a little exageration.