• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

'The Real Ghunt'

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
i tried to hear the shit dude, but it wouldnt work.... ( 10 pm ) ?!?!?!

it just wouldnt let me in...
frown.gif

i am though listening to your archive as we speak...
wink.gif

keep up the good work boi's !

peace,

Doug.

Gunark

TRIBE Member
Okay what the hell is a ghunt? I looked it up and it's not a word. Not even in german.

The closest I can find is "gaunt". And that means "excessively thin and angular" or "barren, desolate".

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
Heh! Tobias Schmidt... I likee.

When are you and KF spinning out next? I have never caught a set by the Dukes yet, and must say you're on my must-see list.. esp if KF has his Whitesnake shirt on.

BBB.

Nice mix.. too bad about the poor quality sound, though.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Adam Duke

TRIBE Member
Yeah - we're gonna fix that problem. It's bugging the hell outta us!

As for our next gig date, Dec.1 we play at Area 51 & Dec.15 i believe we're playing at IT nightclub....

no parties at the playboy mansion yet....

...give us more time.

@m.

Adam Duke

TRIBE Member
...more ghunty freshness is on the way this week as kf and i have accumulated some new material, scavenged from the bins of downtown record brothels...

6-8pm Saturday night on www.twelveinch.com
Maybe i'll get kf to explain what a 'ghunt' is this week...

Be aware also that Twelveinch.com is having it's offical station opening bash on Nov.30 at our studio location: Electric Orange on King St E, right across from George Brown College (near Jarvis). Lots of djs who host shows will be providing some tunes and perhaps even a nude mazola wreslting match or two.

THE REAL GHUNT. with The Dukes

Adam Duke

TRIBE Member
biggrin.gif

i get a kick outta dropping that stuff on unsuspecting crowds...did I tell ya that I played it at a friends wedding this summer? Him and his wife thought it was a riot, though i'm not sure how the Italian grandparents felt about it....

@m.

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
Haha, now that I just broke up with my gf of 3 years over the phone in 3 seconds, this doens't seem as fukking importantly funny as it did at the time, but here goes..

I was at work listening to the dukes latest set while I placed a dry goods order (I'm a chef), and I was put on hold to "Don't Go Breakin My Heart" (Capt&Tennile?) and it synched up perfectly with what was going on in your set from Sat... ahhh.. beautiful abstract moments like that make me think that life really IS still worth living.

BBB.

Fukk.

Adam Duke

TRIBE Member
err,...not to be misunderstood, i'm sorry about your break up, man. We'll talk more over tequila sometime soon.

@m.

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
Yeah, no problems.. I'm actually in relatively good spirits about it, as I realize it probably should have happened over a year ago. My only priority right now is making sure we don't end up hating each other, because regardless, she is a fantastic person.

..now, don't get me wrong, if the bitch is leaving me for someone else (especially if it's who I think it is), I ain't gonna be seeing her much in a friendly way, but shit happens.

The only problem being that we live together. Yuk.

BBB.

..anyone got an apartment for rent in two months? Or now?

..a cardboard box with a power bar and a phone jack?

Adam Duke

TRIBE Member
We slapped our heads around a bit this week and decided that it was time to shed our viginal Ghunt image. This week (Dec. 1st), the lovely, voluptuous, irreplaceable tommysmalls will be tickling your buttocks with his techno stylings.

Let's all give a big, reach-around of applause for him, shall we?

Hoo-rah!

Saturdays. 6-8pm. www.twelveinch.com

'THE REAL GHUNT'

w/ The Dukes

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
Hoo-ray !!

gimme a T
gimme a O
gimme a M
gimme a M
gimme a Y

whatcha got ? TOMMY !!

whats he gonna do?

show em, show em , show em what he's got!!

aight...aight... rip it up like you do best Smalls..

ill try to tune in , or listen to the archive dude!

biggrin.gif

peace.

patri©k

TRIBE Member
that congo track was nice !

...... how about playing something that will tear into my soul and make me want to rip my skin off.

fattyp©2001 <------ likes is fucking hard.

patri©k

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fattyp:
that congo track was nice !

...... how about playing something that will tear into my soul and make me want to rip my skin off.

fattyp©2001 &lt;------ likes is fucking hard.
</font>

Kay.... I'm dumb. Second last track... HEELLLLOOOOOOOOO !

never mind. I'm stupid.

fattyp©2001

tommysmalls

TRIBE Member
sorry fattyp, i didn't really bring the "skin tearing" material tonight ... i been in a really chill mood

...here's what i played (the last 45 minutes):

safety session - maru part 1 - drumcode
channel one - inside out - kompute
adam beyer - compressed - drumcode
recycled loops - six is nine - primevil
ben sims - the dubs - hardgroove
percy x - gain - soma
marco carola - fokus - zenit
cherry bomb - bursting out - musicman
kaito - beautiful day - kompakt
mel o'ween - the king - moxmusic
safety session - maru part 2 - inside
deetron - cut back - phont music
mri - dauerlaufer - force tracks
stephen brown - afterlife - djax

...i plan on putting out 3 mixes this winter
- a tribal (ben sims/samuel l session/safety session styles),
- a banging one ("rave"), and
- a soulful tech-house one

cheers,
tommy

tommysmalls

TRIBE Member
looking back at the playlist, the first 1/2 had some of the "tribal" funky material i'm digging, and the second 1/2 had more of a melodic "tech-house" vibe.