• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

The Raid 2 - best action movie ever made?

sianspherica

TRIBE Member
Yes.

It is.

Just released.

Go see it. Just got home from a packed Scotiabank Theatre and was in utter disbelief at how staggeringly incredible it was.

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
I'm actually dying to see this, but I have to wait until a digital release.

THIS is the kind of action movie I'm thinking about when I complain about how shitty superhero films are.

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
I don't have the option, unfortunately. If it ever was released here in Mongolia, the subs would be in Mongolian.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

sianspherica

TRIBE Member
I haven't seen The Raid (1) yet, so I have no idea.

I was chatting with coworkers and about both films and they said Raid 1 is ALL action, barely any story of dialogue, and its about an hour shorter and set in only one place.

Raid 2 is more fleshed out, bigger storyline, multiple key characters.

It's sort of like The Departed in the sense it involves someone going undercover in a large organized crime ring.

Either way, it was fucking awesome, can't say enough good things about it, probably going to see it again in theatre.

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Raid 1's biggest criticism was its lack of character development... so I'm glad to hear that's beefed up in the second one.