1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The Ps3 User Thread...

Discussion in 'Technology' started by REMI XO, Jan 6, 2008.

1. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

can't you hook up via ethernet cable?

2. rawd

rawd TRIBE Member

Format the stick as FAT32. I never format USB sticks as NTFS for that reason. A lot of devices can't read it.

3. Zorro

Zorro TRIBE Member

FAT32 doesn't alow transfer of files over 4gb.

4. Zorro

Zorro TRIBE Member

And I can't figure out how to set up the ethernet cable. It never finds the ips

5. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

This helped me.

6. Zorro

Zorro TRIBE Member

Isn't that ps3 to ps3?

7. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

Looks like it via Ethernet cables.

8. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

Yeah, you didn't state you tried it before.

This is what I did and it worked like a charm.

9. rawd

rawd TRIBE Member

10. rawd

rawd TRIBE Member

+ Strike-Snake85 on November 27th, 2012 at 2:05 pm said:
    No free avatar and themes anymore for PS PLUS members???
    And the next week leaving RE Gold Editon, we’ll get new full game???

+ Grace Chen on November 27th, 2012 at 3:06 pm said:
    Yes, check out Morgan’s Plus post next Monday morning. (Morgan assures me that you will like what you see.)

+ Morgan Haro on November 27th, 2012 at 3:18 pm said:
    It’s gon’ be good

ooooh *fingers crossed*

11. rawd

rawd TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

Finally did it... bye 5400rpm, hello Intel 335 SSD 240 gig

Loving the performance increase. Playing Ass Cree Revelations, there is almost no load time .. levels or saved games .. ZERO texture pop-in.. dropping to the XMB is instant... moving around the XMB and Store is quick.

I really want to fire up Fallout again and some other huge open world games to see if its just as responsive as ACR.

It just feels right, this is what consoles should be like... I'll be really disappointed if the next gen consoles don't have an SSD inside.

12. Fillmore

Fillmore TRIBE Member

Anyone have a problem getting on the ps3 network in the last 24 hours? I can't log on. The message is "Sony network is undergoing maintenance". However, I know other buddies within Toronto are online with no problems.

13. Zorro

Zorro TRIBE Member

Explain please.

14. rawd

rawd TRIBE Member

Replaced my PS3 slim stock hard drive (fugly bottom one) with an SSD 2.5" hard drive (shiny sexy top one).

If you had logged in to the PSN AFTER they had announced maintenance but BEFORE they started maintenance, you should be okay. Guess you didn't and some of your friends did.

Maint was supposed to be over last night, and then this morning...but now they are saying 5pm EST... someone is gonna be getting fired.

15. lobo

lobo TRIBE Member

Are there any known issues with some SSDs not working with the PS3 or would you say that all of them should work?

Lobo

16. rawd

rawd TRIBE Member

No issues that I'm aware of.

A few things to consider.. the PS does not have TRIM support so you want a drive that handles native garbage collection well.

All the current SSD drives on the market are capable of 6Gb/s where the PS3 Sata controller runs at 1.5Gb/s. It does not take complete advantage of the SSD but still way better then traditional drives.

Any 2.5" SATA SSD should work fine in your PS3.

I chose to stay away from the current crop of OCZ Vertex drives that are on sale right now. A lot of ppl commenting about dead drives after a few months.. plus, I've had a boner for the Intel SSD's since the X series was introduced

17. agentRC4

agentRC4 TRIBE Member

My FPS sticks (kontrolfreek) arrived today. can't wait to get home and play some COD II and test these bad boys out.

18. SJN

SJN TRIBE Member

I have these for the xbox. It's a bit of an adjustment since the sticks are a lot taller so it will feel weird. But once you get used to it, it does make a difference IMO.

19. agentRC4

agentRC4 TRIBE Member

Anything that will improve my K:D ratio I'm all for!

20. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

Anyway to instal ps3 media server without Java?

21. RumRogerz

RumRogerz TRIBE Member

smart.
    i've been planning on doing this to mine for a while, but i'm so impossibly lazy

22. coleridge

coleridge TRIBE Member

Anybody have any experience getting a PS3 repaired? Mine has finally died after a few months of it crashing regularly.

Any suggestions on where to go? Do I even want to bother?

I can get a new one with a 250GB hard drive for around $260. The costs to repair my 40GB model and upgrade the hard drive I figure will be about $150-$200 plus the time spent running around.

Why couldn't it have held on for another 8 months until the PS4 comes out!

23. rawd

rawd TRIBE Member

I'd just get a new one... PS4 wont be backwards compat anyway

Find the PS3 slim previous to the current superslim muffler looking, manual disc insert version.... I've seen a few on the older Slim on shelves in stores.

24. coleridge

coleridge TRIBE Member

Wow just watched a video of that new manual disc insert tray ... ghetto horrible.

25. silver1

silver1 TRIBE Member

The Last of Us reviews have been incredible so far.

Don't own a PS3 though. *sigh*