• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The Ps3 User Thread...

tripleup

TRIBE Member
I've changed my tune one Brink somewhat. It's a bit nutty getting started in the SP, but after a few challenges and campaign work, it fell into place nicely.

Online is a ton of fun, although my major knock is that once I got the hang of it, the game is not one bit challenging, the guns kind of suck as do the mechanics of shooting/aiming.

I wish I had bought this at around $40 or less, not traded in Crysis 2 for it.

rawd

TRIBE Member
I think I'm gonna add Red Dead Redemption to my game queue. Whats the deal with the nightmare DLC, is it worth it.

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
I've changed my tune one Brink somewhat. It's a bit nutty getting started in the SP, but after a few challenges and campaign work, it fell into place nicely.

Online is a ton of fun, although my major knock is that once I got the hang of it, the game is not one bit challenging, the guns kind of suck as do the mechanics of shooting/aiming.

I wish I had bought this at around $40 or less, not traded in Crysis 2 for it.
If you ever played the Killzone franchise these guns are simple to use compared to the weapons they have in Brink. Just like in killzone I shoot from the hip most of the time I tend to get way more kills that way. It's very true once you get on a team that owns the field it gets way to easy sometimes.

The new DLC should be coming out this week and it's free as well... can't wait.

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
Posted my first stage on LBP2 about a week ago I manage to get 1 view lol, but the good news is that they liked my stage and put it on their heart or favorite list. So at least the one view that checked out my stage liked it. Anyways if you have the game do a search for GROGEN_ONE and my stage will come up. It's pretty short and it was my first go at it with LBP2. I've learned a lot what you can do with the tools, and my second stage I'm working on is 10 times more elaborate then my first, but still working on getting my 2nd stage completed... fun times I tell ya.

rawd

TRIBE Member
Can you, yeah

Will it be faster.. the XMB, boot up, loading save games (or any disk I/O) and hard drive intensive games will be faster (PSN Games). Regular games that access the Bluray drive wont see much improvement.

Should you, if you want to spend the cash sure. It will run cooler and quieter too

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
I'm on my 2nd playthrough and trying to blitz through Story Mode on Hard to finish up my trophies.

It's actually harder on the Evil side....being Good gives you almost unlimited energy with bolt storm.

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
Evil powers are just plain out bigger then the good side, which makes sense because playing to be a hero you need better accuracy so you don't end up killing innocent bystanders. I always play the evil side first as it's just fun going through the whole game killing anything that gets in your way. I just started the hero side, but have been taking a break from IF2.

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
ok I bought a new hdd at lunch backed up the old one, swapped in the new one, restored while making the kids dinner and is now watching netflix.

holy easy.

Snapper

TRIBE Member
Played the first Infamous thanks to the welcome back program and I was hooked!!! So hooked that I got Infamous 2 just days after it came out. I've since finished both Infamous' as good Cole. Just started a 2nd playthrough for Infamous 2 as evil Cole. It seems that my morale meter is favouring blue (good), even though I'm trying my best to kill civilians and playing red side missions (I'm 10 story missions in). Am I missing something? Maybe misreading my morale meter? I really want to try out these destructive evil powers. I have never felt so powerful playing a video game!

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
To be truly evil...I've just beat the shit out of any bystanders and throw cars into crowds.

Thunder Drop works well as the higher up you are, the farther out your shockwave goes.

Oh...and hit mugging victims with grenades.

And for the most part the UGC missions are shit...but every now and then you come across a well built one.

Stay on the lookout for "Mr. Propane" or something along those lines. It's up on a rooftop near the shack you find Kuo in.

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
There is also a bomb missions and performer missions that also contribute to increasing your evil meter. With the bomb missions you just have to help blow up the bomb rather then disarm it. Performers you just have to kick their asses and you get some evil points.

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
Finally caved and bought Valkyria chronicles off ebay.

Can not find that game for a decent price ANYWHERE.

Right up there with Secret of Mana for snes.