1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The Ps3 User Thread...

Discussion in 'Technology' started by REMI XO, Jan 6, 2008.

1. REMI XO

REMI XO TRIBE Member

well since the 360 and wii has one I figure the ps3 should have one as well. I know alot of people hated on the console last year but I really think the PS3 is gonna turn around this year. All my friends that are thinking about buying consoles soon are swinging towards the PS3. Mainly due to the BLU RAY format, That and MEDAL GEAR SOLID.

now, if only they can convince their wives to let them get one. ;)

GAMERTAG:

THABUTCHA16

2. wayne bradbury

wayne bradbury TRIBE Member

BIGJIM666
    I usually play COD4 online

3. catilyst

catilyst TRIBE Member

wayne has me hooked on this game.

sprayer6000

4. Phat Trick

Phat Trick TRIBE Promoter

iamtricky

usually on call of duty 3

I tried cod4 but my ass got fragged so quickly that I never went back.

5. rod_g

rod_g TRIBE Member

rawd76

Fifa08 :)

6. smack

smack TRIBE Member

Fuck the Wii, I'm gonna grab a PS3 instead. This new Blu Ray deal sealed that.

7. REMI XO

REMI XO TRIBE Member

BTW,....Is anyone playing ROCK BAND. unfortunately its my new addiction.

8. Vise

Vise TRIBE Member

Vise76

Will add you guys tonight... not playing much online at the moment though, my PS3 is mostly used for Blu-ray, upconverting DVD, and streaming divx files. :)

9. wayne bradbury

wayne bradbury TRIBE Member

yeah some of these assholes are too good and real dicks about it, but just the game play regardless how much you might suck still makes you want to keep playing. Well it did for me.

10. elektrofunk

elektrofunk TRIBE Member

if i can find my self a copy i would....sold all the copies i was able to get my hands on....but in time...in time...
    username: shonathan

11. elektrofunk

elektrofunk TRIBE Member

p.s. anyone playing warhawk yet? been thinking of getting it but don't know anyone who play's it being that it's an online only game...

12. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

ImGod

Yes Warhawk is awesome though I havent played in ages due to Uncharted and CoD4. I just finished both single player so i'll be rocking Warhawk and to a lesser extent CoD4 online.

13. videotronic

videotronic TRIBE Member

i am wordberd

play a lot of nhl08

14. romstah

romstah TRIBE Member

kupaloid

im too busy with uncharted for the moment. i have motorstorm, graw 2 and cod4.

15. Lurch

Lurch TRIBE Member

gitSehT

Anyone have DIRT? looks good, might be a nice primer for GT5 :)

16. elektrofunk

elektrofunk TRIBE Member

yes...uncharted is the sheezzz....just started playing this weekend after buying it a couple months ago but have been too busy with work. Really does feel like you're playing in an indiana jones-esque movie.

17. greginhali

greginhali TRIBE Member

Just got me self one of these bad boys... lets do it up....

18. Lurch

Lurch TRIBE Member

any one have Dirt? how is it?

19. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

20. sheik rock

sheik rock TRIBE Member

I preferred this thread when it was the Sony's hurtin unit thread.

21. crave_e

crave_e TRIBE Member

Has anyone bought a game from the playstation store?
    I was thinking about Super Stardust HD?

Also news about Resistance 2....

"According to the magazine, Resistance 2 will support two campaigns, multiplayer battles of up to 60 people, and eight-person online co-op play. Unconfirmed reports say the game will support three character classes--including a heavy weapons, special operations, and the all-important medic. It will also incorporate vehicles, including the alien-built Stalker, which will have cloaking abilities."
    http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200801/N08.0111.1332.50232.htm

IMO, the first one was ok, but playing Gears of War on the Xbox360 first really ruined Resistance for me.

Hey Lurch, I played Dirt when they had the Demo online...check the store it still might be downloadable. The graphics were amazing, but rally racing isn't really my thing. I'm just going to wait on Grand Turismo because in the past GT had rally cars as part of the sim.

22. rod_g

rod_g TRIBE Member

Started playing Uncharted a few days ago. I can see why it was voted PS3 GOTY by alot of sites. Definitely has that "Dude Raider" feel to it. The visuals are just incredible.

23. atomic

atomic TRIBE Member

I've downloaded flOw from the Playstation store. crave_e- do yourself a favour and get it! it's a magical little thing.

I have DiRT, but haven't had much time to play it yet.

anyone know of any key differences between the 360 and PS3 versions of NHL 08? I got a used 360 version that freezes up so I'm gonna get a new replacement. was thinking of just getting the PS3 version instead.

24. greginhali

greginhali TRIBE Member

Anyone using TVersity to connect with their PS3

i am trying to organize the folders for the PS3 to see each but it seem to be all the files showing in one folder.....how can i get it to recognize the folder structure that i have set up on my computer

25. crave_e

crave_e TRIBE Member

Flow???Ok, I'll test it out.
    As for NHL08, I have it on the Ps3 and played it on my friends 360, it seemed the same, but I heard there is different frame rates, but I didn't notice.