• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

The Pro Wrestling thread.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Looks interesting. I guess they will start up on the scaffold and try to kick each other off? That kind of ends up happening in every Ultimate X match anyway.

I'm surprised they put Rhyno in there and not Christopher Daniels (or Elix Skipper, or any number of more agile stars) though.

Baters

TRIBE Member
Flashy_McFlash said:
Looks interesting. I guess they will start up on the scaffold and try to kick each other off? That kind of ends up happening in every Ultimate X match anyway.

I'm surprised they put Rhyno in there and not Christopher Daniels (or Elix Skipper, or any number of more agile stars) though.
yeah that really surprised me too, i'm hoping they do a secondary match on the card utilizing the scaffold, maybe an X division invitational, that would be nuts

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Masato Tanaka's my favourite wrestler and his matches with Awesome in FMW are just incredible. That article from pwinsider mentions his match with Tanaka at the first One Night Stand as being the best thing that's come out of the ECW revival...I tend to agree. It was one of the must-see matches of the 'new' ECW.

Sylent Syd

TRIBE Member
Flashy_McFlash said:
Well it's on -- Trump (representing some wrestler - probably Hulk) vs. Vince (with Khali, or maybe Umaga) in a hair vs hair match!

Trump or Vince WILL! BE! SHAVED!
So seeing as Vince picked Umaga last night, it may make sense that Trump will pick Roddy Piper as his opponent...factoring in the recent attack, plus it's the 20th anniversary of Piper's hair vs hair match against Adrian Adonis. ;)

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
It'd be cool, but Piper's not in any shape to wrestle right now. Dude is still recovering from cancer, and if you saw his last match, he ain't pretty no more.

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Umaga would use piper as his own personal bagpipe...at this point Flair would look better in a match than the rowdy one and that's saying a lot.

Baters

TRIBE Member
I think this would be a solid WM:

Batista vs Taker
Cena vs Michaels
Umaga vs Lashley
Kane vs Khali
MITB = Edge-Orton-CM Punk-Booker T-Elijah Burke-Kennedy
Melina vs Ashley
Finlay vs Boogeyman
Mysterio vs Guererro
Kendrick and London vs Taylor and Regal
Carlito vs Flair
Open Invitational Battle Royal for anyone else not listed above

i can;t believe i actually just thought all of that out, what am I, 12????? :p

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Spoiler for Mania:

It'll be Lashley (with Trump) vs. Umaga (with Vince) with Stone Cold as the referee. Apparently there was a photo shoot with all of them not long ago so barring an injury to one of the participants, that's what it's going to look like.

Apparently Hogan dropped out because (surprise) he wasn't going to get the biggest payday out of all the participants on the show.

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
I'm seriously shocked that Hogan won't be at Mania. He pulls that same act every year around January where all of a sudden all these other groups are interested in him and if Vince wants him he's going to have to pay up. Then sure enough, he and Vince come to an agreement and he ends up at the show.

I thought that this year would be even more of a lock since it's the 20th aniversary of Hogan vs. Andre and they'd want to recreate the visual of Hogan slamming a giant like Big Show or Khali.

I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on this week's Observer now to see what the explanation is.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
This is from Hogan's mouth on the Bubba show (according to pwinsider) so it's still kind of dubious but I would think that if he were going to appear, it'd be in the Trump match.

Then again, Khali's not booked right now so they could still put him in. Lashley/Umaga is fairly locked up right now from what I've been hearing though.

Unfortunately, that means they're not going to take the belt off Lashley anytime soon either.

Big Boss

TRIBE Promoter
McMahon pulled Hogan from Mania because he leaked the Hall of Fame Candidates on the Bubba the Love Sponge radio show. McMahon was understandably pissed, and booked him off the show.

I never liked Hogan anyway. Good for Austin to decide not to work with Hogan, and good on Michaels for showing him up at SummerSlam 2005.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
found this here: http://pewterpirates.blogspot.com/2007/01/wwe-hall-of-fame.html

This year Hall of Fame class is still unknown and is kept secret. However the cats is out of the bag. Hulk Hogan who lives in Florida and is a regular on the Bubba the Love Sponge Radio Show, received a phone call from Vince McMahon's secretary Ann Russo. Russo was calling Hogan to let him know about the candidates for this year's WWE Hall of Fame ceremony and wanted to know who he thought should be inducted. Little did Russo know that she was live on the Air during the phone call. So the list of possible names is out and they are: The Von Erichs, Ultimate Warrior, The Original Sheik, Ric Flair, Mr. Fuji, Nick Bockwinkel, Muhammed Ali, Mr. T, Mike Tyson, Howard Finkel, Jim Ross, Ken Patera, King Curtis, Ted DiBiase, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, Honky Tonk Man, Randy Savage, Dusty Rhodes, Dick Ebersol (NBC Executive responsible for creation of Saturday Night's Main Event), The Wild Samoans, Big Boss Man, Bob Backlund, Rick Rude, The Bushwhackers, Rocky Johnson and The Brooklyn Brawler.

What I found interesting is that here is the wrestles that Hogan indorsed. Hogan named off Big Boss Man, King Curtis, Dusty Rhodes, Randy Savage, The Wild Samoans, The Von Erichs, Rick Rude and The Bushwhackers. What about Ric Flair? I guess it is because Flair still is considered an active wrestler. I would not think that Hogan is keeping Flair back since they are the two biggest names in the business. So needless to say Vince McMahon is pissed that this has been released. I would not be surprised if a new list is not created.
Rick Rude,the Von Erichs, and Flair should go in for sure, and Dusty's already confirmed. Flair might be up for debate though since hesstill an active wrestler.

Warrior wouldn't happen, and I have no clue why the Bushwhackers are on that list.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Shit, another one! RIP Bad News.

ALLEN 'BAD NEWS BROWN' COAGE PASSES AWAY
by Buck Woodward @ 6:52:00 PM on 3/6/2007

Slam Wrestling is reporting that Allen Coage, known in wrestling as Bad News Allen and Bad News Brown, has passed away at age 63. Coage passed away early this morning in Calgary at Rockyview Hospital after being rushed there following chest pains. Three weeks ago, Coage had undergone hip replacement surgery.

A bronze medal winner in judo at the 1976 Olympics, Coage was a star for the Stampede promotion in Calgary and also worked for New Japan Pro Wrestling. He is probably best known for his run in the WWF in the late 1980's as Bad News Brown, where he feuded with Bret Hart in Hart's first feud as a singles competitor in the company. Brown main evented shows against Hulk Hogan and also worked against Roddy Piper, with the two wrestling at Wrestlemania VI in the infamous match where Roddy Piper painted his body half-black.

Slam Wrestling noted that Coage had been working as a security guard in recent years. He had recently signed a deal with Jakks Pacific for a WWE Classic Superstar action figure and was scheduled to appear on 4/28 at the Legends of the Ring convention in New Jersey.

The Slam report can be read by clicking here.

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
Anyone catch the 2-hour Impact last night? Thoughts?

I tried to watch it but it's just so cheesy and I couldn't stand it for more than a couple of minutes. I remember actually paying for a few of the weekly $10 PPVs years ago and they were great, and then I was soooo stocked when they 1) brought in Samoa Joe (but failed to use him properly) and then 2) had him feud with Kurt Angle (which they also completely blew). At this point I've lost so much faith in their ability to book a decent product and a lot of what I read about the current state compares TNA to WCW circa it's dying days.

Rage

TRIBE Member
Just giving a RIP shout-out to my all time fav wrestler...Mike Awesome!

[YOUTUBE]QC_X6Bq72DM[/YOUTUBE]